Oregon To #3

joseephuss

Reaction score
Jack-Reacher;3604288 said:
BSU should get jumped by Nebraska OU and TCU now that Oregon jumped over them.

Why TCU? The Horned Frogs are in the same shape as Boise St. Everyone questions their schedule. It helps both teams that Oregon St. took down Arizona.

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
I was surprised to see Boise stay behind Oregon. TCU isn't in quite the same position as BSU since the MWC is considered a stronger conference than the WAC. This year is proving to be different, but historically, the WAC is a creampuff conference. Being from the Dallas area helps TCU in a small way as well. When people around the country think about football they think of Texas long before they think of Idaho...lol

All the national attention that BSU has gotten this year has probably been the difference. The WAC has done very well with it's OOC play and moved to within a 1 point of the ACC in strength of schedule. Things seem to be falling just right this season for the Broncos so we will see what the year brings, but the preliminary BCS polls has them on top, their WAC schedule doesn't look to hurt them as bad as once thought and as long as Oregon drops one, they could be in contention for the NCG as long as they win out.

switzersflask

Reaction score
Just better hope OU doesn't win out. You have a win over a ranked, and possible ACC champion (FSU). A win over Cincy (possible Big East Champion). A win over Texas (will be ranked again soon). And at least Mizzou or OSU will be ranked. Also, add that to the Big XII Title where Nebraska will at least be in the top 15, perhaps 10, maybe 5.

OU has everything on it's side as far as the SOS goes. They just have to take care of business and they'll be in the title game.

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
If they beat Nebraska in the Big 12 championship game that is. I am not impressed with OU. Struggled against Cinci, allowed Utah State to hang 24 on you, and struggled against a decent Air Force team. I don't see them beating Nebraska and I don't see Texas getting back into the Top 25.

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
Jack-Reacher;3615480 said:
If they beat Nebraska in the Big 12 championship game that is. I am not impressed with OU. Struggled against Cinci, allowed Utah State to hang 24 on you, and struggled against a decent Air Force team. I don't see them beating Nebraska and I don't see Texas getting back into the Top 25.

This just proves why they play the games. Texas looked good today against Nebraska, completely different team that played UCLA. Texas def moves back into the top 25.. ahhh college football, leading to internet arguments since the first bit was transferred over a copper wire....lol :laugh2:

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
Cythim;3622655 said:
The Beavers are blowing it for Boise State :lmao2:

LOL yeah I noticed that.. friggin beavers....:laugh2:

I didn't have any realistic expectation of BSU playing in the NCG anyway. Without Oregon State finishing up in the top 25 our SOS kills any slim hope that might have existed. If VT drops any more we end with no quality wins on the year, and a bunch of high scores over weak opponents. The WAC curse strikes again....lol

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Beavers scored two quick TDs before halftime so they are only down 7. I bet they pull it out in the 2nd half. The Pac10 is deep.

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
Jack-Reacher;3622752 said:
Oregon State came through for us in OT... WOOT!!! LOL

Jumped the gun a little bit... I thought they said the game was over.. friggin beavers....LOL

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
I really like Sarkisian, he turned that program around quickly up there in Seattle.