OT: How long have you been married?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hoov said:
I dont think you will have to find out, im sure you and hubby are fine. and i think that is wonderful because you are happy, which is really the point of life anyway.

I really wouldn't have guessed roman catholic for you, thought you were a deadhead, hippie type LOL, guess cause you commented bout the band once.
The Jesuits are the flaming commies of Catholicism, and have been for decades...Liberation Theology, The Sandinistas, Venceremos Brigade, Sinn Fein, Father Romero, etc. They're the slice of the Church whose influence the late John Paul and the current Pope when a cardinal was so intent on limiting..the "social justice" gang. The ministry to the poor. Jesus was a radical. ;)

I came under their spell very early. Mass collections went straight to the IRA.

It's hippiedom with a Marxist twist, soaked in Latin.

One last note on marriage...there's no such animal as a "perfect one", and anyone who says there is is a liar or a fool. But I discovered long ago just by watching people interact that it isn't the big crises and issues that wreck one.
Or make one.

It's the everyday conversation, the discourse of marriage. The patience you have with each other, the 'honeys' the 'sweethearts', etc.

I can be a sharp-tongued shrew, but I save that for football posts. I make a point of never, but NEVER belittling, insulting, or tearing my man down. I do have some 'love' insults (like Tuna has 'dumbarse') but they are the sweetestly given of all. One of the biggest insults in Arabic is to be called a dog, but 'black dog" (aswad kelb) is my husband's favorite pet name from his wife.

My marriage is atypical..inter-racial, inter-faith, inter-cultural, inter-professional (he's an engineer, I'm a liberal arts type), and I married overseas.....all the differences tho, made it EASIER, not harder, as at the core there is little bit of an "us against the naysayers" thing operating. A lot of things that are big deals in other people's marriages are jokes to us. To argue about the small stuff of daily life ..well, there's a bigger picture we usually manage to see, because just finding each other, separated by so many miles, and so much history, was a 'miracle'. A one chance in 5.2 billion thing, and we both believe the Almighty had a hand in it.

That's the key I think...everyday interaction based on building up, not tearing down, and perspective...remembering before you go off on him for not trimming those hedges, or some other trivial reason, that there are children starving in this world, and mothers wailing over coffins. What a dolt you'd be to lose sight of that.

Nuff said. :)

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Very happily unmarried.

Being single is far too much fun. It's like having multiple wives. Only I don't live with any of them. And they're never around on Sundays. And my money is my own. And the sex is always great. And when we go out, it's fun. And I'm always able to look for more of them. Or drop any of them. And I can stretch all of the way across the bed in any position I want and my covers are always fully accessible to me and me only. And the toilet seat is always UP. And the remote is always mine and the TV is always on what I want to watch. And I can always go out or have people over, whenever. And my there's no pink, seafoam green, or peach anywhere in my home. And my dog sleeps anywhere he wants to. And I put my feet on the coffee table along side my beer, without a coaster. And my "wives" do my dishes when they come over because they hate being in a messy house. And they still cook for me so that we can "have dinner together". And I can choose which one is best to accompany me depending on the event I'm attending. Or I can go alone. And I rent the video I want to watch when I go to the store. And my bathroom has soap, shampoo, toilet paper, toothpaste, and shaving cream and NOTHING ELSE.

I'll spare you anymore details. I'm sure many of you are happily married but stay away from me if you are... I'm the single friend that every man's wife hates. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm getting hungry... now, where'd I leave that phone?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Very happily unmarried.

Being single is far too much fun. It's like having multiple wives. Only I don't live with any of them. And they're never around on Sundays. And my money is my own. And the sex is always great. And when we go out, it's fun. And I'm always able to look for more of them. Or drop any of them. And I can stretch all of the way across the bed in any position I want and my covers are always fully accessible to me and me only. And the toilet seat is always UP. And the remote is always mine and the TV is always on what I want to watch. And I can always go out or have people over, whenever. And my there's no pink, seafoam green, or peach anywhere in my home. And my dog sleeps anywhere he wants to. And I put my feet on the coffee table along side my beer, without a coaster. And my "wives" do my dishes when they come over because they hate being in a messy house. And they still cook for me so that we can "have dinner together". And I can choose which one is best to accompany me depending on the event I'm attending. Or I can go alone. And I rent the video I want to watch when I go to the store. And my bathroom has soap, shampoo, toilet paper, toothpaste, and shaving cream and NOTHING ELSE.

I'll spare you anymore details. I'm sure many of you are happily married but stay away from me if you are... I'm the single friend that every man's wife hates. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

That was classic!

Wimbo

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Very happily unmarried.

I get it that this is a funny post. Really, I do. However, if there is even a smidgen of honesty to this post... well, you just don't get it. Nothing I can say would convince you otherwise. But, if you do find "it"... you will understand what I mean. Until then, you are free to laugh at me for being a sappy, happy husband.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
there is nothing in this world that can compare to finding your soulmate.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Princess said:
check for a program like "Key Sleuth" on your computer... It's a great program for tracking every keystroke and internet use on a computer or network of computers... Works great for tracking your kids internet use or whether your other half is spending time on the internet on a dating service.. especially works great in stealth mode

Problem for my wife I am the computer guru and not her. That is my job :)

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Wimbo said:
I get it that this is a funny post. Really, I do. However, if there is even a smidgen of honesty to this post... well, you just don't get it. Nothing I can say would convince you otherwise. But, if you do find "it"... you will understand what I mean. Until then, you are free to laugh at me for being a sappy, happy husband.
I do understand.
I once had "it".
But "it" came at the wrong time and ultimately I lost "it".
But I am much stronger as a result and more aware of what I want/need.
So until I find "it" again, I will take my time and enjoy life and my youth all the while loving the anticipation of possibly finding "it" again. Who knows, maybe "it" will never arrive... but like they say, I guess... better to have loved and lost, than to have loved and gotten married... or something like that. :D

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I am so glad to hear that so many (at least 2 :D) women in here refuse to be victims...Princess, LTN way to go...I had a sister who was shot and killed by an abusive/drug abusing bastid...she was the type who would give her last shirt off her back if she thought it would make you happy...but she didn't think much of herself (I think) or she wouldn't have stayed with that bastid...

I wish sometimes I would have been there to help but I am not sure if it would have changed a thing as she would have never told me something was wrong
and I would have been too stupid to know if something was anyway..

Wow I hijacked this thread...<sorry:mad:

Hoov

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
The Jesuits are the flaming commies of Catholicism, and have been for decades...Liberation Theology, The Sandinistas, Venceremos Brigade, Sinn Fein, Father Romero, etc. They're the slice of the Church whose influence the late John Paul and the current Pope when a cardinal was so intent on limiting..the "social justice" gang. The ministry to the poor. Jesus was a radical. ;)

I came under their spell very early. Mass collections went straight to the IRA.

It's hippiedom with a Marxist twist, soaked in Latin.

One last note on marriage...there's no such animal as a "perfect one", and anyone who says there is is a liar or a fool. But I discovered long ago just by watching people interact that it isn't the big crises and issues that wreck one.
Or make one.

It's the everyday conversation, the discourse of marriage. The patience you have with each other, the 'honeys' the 'sweethearts', etc.

I can be a sharp-tongued shrew, but I save that for football posts. I make a point of never, but NEVER belittling, insulting, or tearing my man down. I do have some 'love' insults (like Tuna has 'dumbarse') but they are the sweetestly given of all. One of the biggest insults in Arabic is to be called a dog, but 'black dog" (aswad kelb) is my husband's favorite pet name from his wife.

My marriage is atypical..inter-racial, inter-faith, inter-cultural, inter-professional (he's an engineer, I'm a liberal arts type), and I married overseas.....all the differences tho, made it EASIER, not harder, as at the core there is little bit of an "us against the naysayers" thing operating. A lot of things that are big deals in other people's marriages are jokes to us. To argue about the small stuff of daily life ..well, there's a bigger picture we usually manage to see, because just finding each other, separated by so many miles, and so much history, was a 'miracle'. A one chance in 5.2 billion thing, and we both believe the Almighty had a hand in it.

That's the key I think...everyday interaction based on building up, not tearing down, and perspective...remembering before you go off on him for not trimming those hedges, or some other trivial reason, that there are children starving in this world, and mothers wailing over coffins. What a dolt you'd be to lose sight of that.

Nuff said. :)

Good Points LTN regarding marriage. Yes its the everyday small stuff that usually ruins a relationship cause one person, or both, cant see past that and look at the bigger picture. when one starts complianing, this isnt how i wanted my life to be and then blames the other, well thats the beginning of the end cause poeple dont change that much. they can adjust some things to please the other person such as do simple chores without having to be asked to do them, but their overall actions are most often dictated by their thinking and life philosophy.

Oh yes, I agree, Jesus was a radical. I think a good many of the quotes attributed to Jesus in the gospels show him razzing the religious teachers, as in he used old testament scripture to mentally and verbally run circles around them and beat them at their own game. He never seemed to let any religious scriprure or traditional law limit the choices he made. Quite frankly, it appears to me he is saying when a man decidec to let his spirit guide him he is above the law (religious law). The law was made for man (possibly to use as a guide) not to enslave him with dogma.