Our 3T Defensive Tackles-time for someone to step up!

ESisback

Reaction score
Crazy optimistic. Considering our defense wasnt very good except for getting turnovers. Our interior d line was abysmal against the run all year.
Crazy optimistic or perpetually unhappy?

And I’d bet the farm our interior line will be stronger in 2022, which will help the rest of the defense. If that kind of optimism is crazy, fit me for a straight jacket, man!

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Crazy optimistic or perpetually unhappy?

And I’d bet the farm our interior line will be stronger in 2022, which will help the rest of the defense. If that kind of optimism is crazy, fit me for a straight jacket, man!
I mean be optimistic but tbh theres nothing they did to say they will take a leap from being bottom tier to above average

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
. Gallimore out majority of the season and Osa has put on some muscle and year 2 should be better. Expect the defense tackle position to surprise some people
Zzzzzzz..... Ill believe when i see it. Gallimore and osa havent shown me anything special. They were bottom of the league.

conner01

Reaction score
What I like about both Osa and Gallimore is that they were demons in the weight room before they joined the Cowboys. Both set records at their perspective colleges and were shifting huge numbers if what I’ve read is to be believed.

Injuries aside, it’s only a matter of time before that work ethic translates. Osa in particular, he was also a damn good wrestler being the nations no.1 ranked heavy weight in high school and you don’t get there without freakishly good athleticism and tenacity.
High effort guys
Osa I think is much better this year. The step up to the nfl didn’t bother him early, then he hit that rookie wall which in his case I think was a lot about the number of games. 17 games after playing few the year before has to wear on you
He only played 7 games in 2020 and only played 12 games one year in college

Cowboyny

Reaction score
not even close to a Hill comp Gallimore when healthy and playing is far better then Hill..thats fact and hes not on the bubble of being gone as hill will be..when Gallimore came back the defense looked better IMO OSi and Gall next too each other was nice combo..add in depth with the ridgeway kid and p[possibly Bo(now he might be the next hill) taking step id say Quinn's doing a lot in short time to change interior of the DL
Gallimore hasn't done much in 2 seasons, that's a fact.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Odighi was above average for a rookie DT.
  • His season snap count dwarfed all of the other DTs.
    • Odighi: 616
    • Watkins: 438
    • Hamilton: 249
    • Bohanna: 223
    • Hill: 171
    • Gallimore: 164
    • Brent Urban: 161
  • Playoff Game
    • Watkins: 49%
    • Gallimore: 46%
    • Odighi: 45% (1 less snap than Gallimore)
    • Hill: 35%
    • Bohanna: Inactive
    • Hamilton: Signed with Denver
    • Brent Urban: IR
Based on these snap counts, Osa/Gallimore will be competing to become the starter.

J-man

Reaction score
I don't really believe any of our DT's are game wreckers. But I think they are all pretty solid players. In fact, I think the interior has a good rotation between Galli, Odiggy, Watkins, Bohanna and Ridgway. I'd love to see a 6 man front goal line/short yardage package consisting of D-Law, Gallimore, Bohanna, Ridgeway, Watkins and Odiggy.

*Question, why do they always list Watkins as a DE? He clearly isn't that here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He hasn't lived up to his draft status, although missed most of yr 2.
:lmao:his late 3rd round draft status?? like i said when hes played hes flashed far more than Hill ..hes far better then you are giving him credit for..:popcorn:yes he needs field time less injuries but i se a soliud player who has more upside..

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The front office has used 3 day 2 picks at the 3T Defensive Tackle position and haven't gotten much production out of any of them:

Hill-raw prospect that was handpicked by Marinelli. Has shown flashes, but missed a ton of time due to injury. Last chance to make the next step as he is on the roster bubble.

Gallimore-has the frame as a NT, playing the 3T position. Just like Hill, more of a flash player who has missed a ton of time due to injury. Has to take the next step or he will be our Hill next season fighting for a roster spot.

Osa-the only prospect that was drafted by the current staff. Was real good early on, but appeared to hit the rookie wall. A year to add more weight to his frame is needed. Shows the most promise out of the 3.
We have several good Canidates!
Hopefully someone will take the bull by the horns !

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
They do invest in 3 Tech's, but not NT's. 3 day 2 picks is serious draft capital used at the position.
2 bottom round 3rd rounders and a bottom 2nd round pick who was a 4th round player but signed a stupid contract on a napkin for a bad coach. The talent is not there at the position

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
In your mind, no.
My mind uses logic and substance not rainbows and sunshine. You are just praying and hoping guys breakout and you have no basis for it. Was you training with them in the offseason and saw them working?