Twitter: Our aspiring FG kicker went 4 out of 11 today

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Neither of them will cut it.

Just bring back the loser from last year if this is all we have.

If our current two candidates don't make it there will be other kickers available with cut downs. If Greg wins the Jets job Pineiro will be available and vice versa.

plasticman

Reaction score
We once had a player that that filled two roles, quarterback and punter. He wore #11.

Hmnn.................

RonWashington

Reaction score
Who the heck scounted Garibay? Because that's a fail....

people on this forum were excited because he hit 60 yarders off a tee no less in Lubbock . With no rush coming at him . Like taking a whiffle ball champ .400 hotter and sending him up against Nolan Ryan for some Robin Ventura treatment.

:starspin: :facepalm:.

personally I remembered Zuerlein hitting from 56 to beat the Chargers ….

didn’t mind the guy one more yr removed from back surgery coming back . He’s better then what they got kicking now . Better figure this out soon .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That kid from Texas Tech, Garibay is not doing himself any favors by kicking so poorly. I don't see him making the team with what he's put on display so far.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why are you such an A-hole? I didn't ask for change. I would have been just fine with Greg the Leg returning.
talking generally as group here at CZ

they wanted greg gone the first game last year. Truth is like all positions elite kickers don't grow on trees and the Greg types are pretty much the norm. im sure one of these youngsters will get it together by game 1. if they dont guess what a Greg type will be all we can find..
but watch the name calling i could go postal at any minute and we both get benched..

blueblood70

Reaction score
That kid from Texas Tech, Garibay is not doing himself any favors by kicking so poorly. I don't see him making the team with what he's put on display so far.
too early to make that assessment, far too early.. they dont get rid of any plyers who struggle as rookies that why they are rookies. you really thought a rookie kicker would come in and have Hof start to his career? IN CAMP? there are 1st round QBS as well as many players that look like this early..teams dont give up after 1 week in camp LOL

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Here is some perspective on Zuerlein just in case everyone forgot why he is no longer a Cowboy.

In 2021 we trotted Greg out (83) times to kick either a FG or a PAT. He missed a dozen of those kicks. Approximately 15%. That's not necessarily terrible numbers until you dig a bit deeper.

In analyzing ranges of kicks and where the misses occurred we see that 9 of his 12 misses happened in the 35-47 yard range. 3 were FGs, but 6 were extra points.

I think Jonathan gets another week, and if the trend doesn't change then maybe he needs to head up to Canada or another league to get his mental game settled down in game competition.

Fassel should set a metric in front of the two kickers in camp. Best FG% from 45 and under stays. Other person leaves.

If Zuerlein win the job with the Jets, then Pineiro might be an option for us if one of our two kickers don't work out.
Keep in mind that FGs are worth 3 points, XPs worth 1. Not ideal, and frustrating, to miss that many XPs, but he made numerous big kicks last year. He was way better than the fanbase credits him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
talking generally as group here at CZ

they wanted greg gone the first game last year. Truth is like all positions elite kickers don't grow on trees and the Greg types are pretty much the norm. im sure one of these youngsters will get it together by game 1. if they dont guess what a Greg type will be all we can find..
but watch the name calling i could go postal at any minute and we both get benched..
There are kickers on the street better than the two we have at camp right now. Please get us benched, I'm way overdue.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
too early to make that assessment, far too early.. they dont get rid of any plyers who struggle as rookies that why they are rookies. you really thought a rookie kicker would come in and have Hof start to his career? IN CAMP? there are 1st round QBS as well as many players that look like this early..teams dont give up after 1 week in camp LOL
Read what I said. I only commented about what he has done so far. I said nothing about what he may do the rest of camp. So no sir, it's not too early to say what I said. I never said what I thought a rookie kicker should do so stop assuming what I think. It just makes you look asinine. I never suggested giving up on these guys so work on your comprehension skills when reading other people's posts. They often aren't saying what you accuse them of which is obviously a reason you get so much push back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There are kickers on the street better than the two we have at camp right now. Please get us benched, I'm way overdue.
says you. Always one better according to fans yet they are on the street,,hmmm

yup his name is Zurliene

this is greg at home snickering

waltwhite-breakingbad.gif

coult44

Reaction score
He should be immediately cut. 4 of 11 is never acceptable....not ever.

Both of them should be immediately cut. The Jones boys are just trying to prove something by playing this game with everyone: They are pissed that the media and the fans are calling them out for it, and once again they are being vain about it, and proving they are doing it their way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Read what I said. I only commented about what he has done so far. I said nothing about what he may do the rest of camp. So no sir, it's not too early to say what I said. I never said what I thought a rookie kicker should do so stop assuming what I think. It just makes you look asinine. I never suggested giving up on these guys so work on your comprehension skills when reading other people's posts. They often aren't saying what you accuse them of which is obviously a reason you get so much push back.
no you are mentioning street vets that dont have jobs.,they must be awesome sitting at home.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Both of them should be immediately cut. The Jones boys are just trying to prove something by playing this game with everyone: They are pissed that the media and the fans are calling them out for it, and once again they are being vain about it, and proving they are doing it their way.
here we go immediate cut fake internet gm zoners..righht on que cut them all lmao.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
says you. Always one better according to fans yet they are on the street,,hmmm

yup his name is Zurliene

this is greg at home snickering

waltwhite-breakingbad.gif
I don't like you and really don't want to tolerate your BS another season so you are a strong candidate for my ignore list.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't like you and really don't want to tolerate your BS another season so you are a strong candidate for my ignore list.
mines almost full, so do me favor and not make we waste ignore spot :lmao2:..i double dog dare you,..,:muttley::popcorn: