Our assistant coaches really like coaching for Garrett

khiladi

Reaction score
A qb turns his back to oncoming rushers when he play fakes and the rb isn't in position to pick up a free rusher.

Dude tis is basic x's and o's.

LOL...

A QB turns his back when he throws a pass... A RB can't pick up all free rushers.. We are talking about your claim that it affects the OL and it's ability to block..

This is just absurdly ridiculous. Just stop with the spin.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
LOL...

A QB turns his back when he throws a pass... A RB can't pick up all free rushers.. We are talking about your claim that it affects the OL and it's ability to block..

This is just absurdly ridiculous. Just stop with the spin.

Where did I say PA affects the OL and it's ability to block.

Hint: I didn't.

It certainly allows the past rush to get home easier if teams don't respect your ability to run the ball.

khiladi

Reaction score
Where did I say PA affects the OL and it's ability to block.

Hint: I didn't.

It certainly allows the past rush to get home easier if teams don't respect your ability to run the ball.

You said we were last in the league in play-action because our OL couldn't block.

And again, we could run the ball. Criticisms of Garrett not running go way back, even when the team was running well. He simply didn't run, because he didn't know how to blend a run game with passing game.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You said we were last in the league in play-action because our OL couldn't block.

And again, we could run the ball. Criticisms of Garrett not running go way back, even when the team was running well. He simply didn't run, because he didn't know how to blend a run game with passing game.

Yes when you can't block. You can't run. Which takes away the effectiveness of play action.

Basic x's and o's

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes when you can't block. You can't run. Which takes away the effectiveness of play action.

Basic x's and o's

So that means you can't do anything, including pass blocking which is way more difficult, especially for long, vertical routes.. And yet, they still ran those routes. So tell me why is it harder to block in play-action other than some baseless assertion on your part? I mean even in play-action, the notion is that it deceives players, meaning a DL may pursue a RB instead of thinking the QB is going to throw it.

And again, you keep ignoring the fact that Dallas ran well multiple times under the 'crappy' OL, yet they never ran play-action and Garrett was always blamed in the past for abandoning the run.

And again, even this year, Romo was sacked over 30 plus times per game. It was still pretty high.

Just admit it, your making stuff up.