Our defense needs a game wrecker inside

cffl2323

Reaction score
I get that there's only a handful of legit unblockable DT's, but I'm not even asking for that. Just a guy in the 10-20 range overall in the league, in the middle of our defensive line would be amazing. I still have hope that Gallimore could possibly be that guy, but it's a slim chance that it's this year, if ever.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I just think drafting in the 20s you take the best player available. I think an off ball linebacker is the least important position, so the better play in the 20s will probably be a Nick Bolton type who would fit well on this defense. I would take the 2nd best off ball linebacker over the 4th/5th defensive tackle.
They can go in many different directions, but I would rather they not take another 1st rd linebacker. You can find quality non rush linebackers later in the draft.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They can go in many different directions, but I would rather they not take another 1st rd linebacker. You can find quality non rush linebackers later in the draft.
Looking forward to draft Zone in February. Love debating you.:D:eek:

HanD

Reaction score
Yes he is, so 3 players

point still stands, if we’ll only draft elite players we should just stop

honest question. most teams have how many elite players that are home grown drafted vs FAs? 3 might sound like a little but depending on the context, it could be about avg for the league?

visionary

Reaction score
honest question. most teams have how many elite players that are home grown drafted vs FAs? 3 might sound like a little but depending on the context, it could be about avg for the league?

youre sort of coming in the middle of this but this whole thing started by the idea that we need a great DT and the usual idiots on CZ chimed in with “well, what do you want us to do? There are only 4-5 elite DTs in the league” to which I responded, that if not having a high likelihood of getting an elite DT means we shouldn’t draft one early then we should just stop drafting altogether because we only have 2-3 elite players on the team that we have drafted

Hope that clarifies it

kskboys

Reaction score
Osa is a good start. Now, we need to concentrate on DT and fill up the DL w/ good starters and quality backups.

Creeper

Reaction score
Too bad he is playing DT at Georgia right now....6'6 340lbs game wrecker who the NFL will be salivating over. Jordan Davis.

Look up a few posts. Some one said Jordan Davis is already 26 going on 27. That would make him an old rookie. I have not been able to confirm it but if true he could slide a few rounds.

At 27 he would finish his rookie contract and be old. But maybe getting 4 years out of him would be good enough. He is a monster though.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
But fat Zeke jumped in a kettle once on Thanksgiving so we should rip up his team friendly contract and give him a billion dollars instead on building a deep and talented team right? I mean that's better than a boring old DT any day. And don't get me started on how many WR jerseys get sold compared to WR jerseys.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
But fat Zeke jumped in a kettle once on Thanksgiving so we should rip up his team friendly contract and give him a billion dollars instead on building a deep and talented team right? I mean that's better than a boring old DT any day. And don't get me started on how many WR jerseys get sold compared to WR jerseys.
Okay. You've peaked my interest. How many WR jerseys get sold compared to wide receiver jerseys? Inquiring minds want to know.
:lmao:LOL-JK.
I know it's a typo.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
My biggest worry with Barmore coming out was that he needed development to become a better run defender, which is still a big weakness for our defense. Osa is the opposite, strong run player, but needs work as a pass rusher.
WATCH Christian Barmore's performances so far this year for the Patriots...

The Cowboys seriously ***** up once again not going after monster DT Christian Barmore!

Imagine what he could have been doing to help our Defense? :mad:

Instead, we're stuck with another 2nd round pick who has done absolutely nothing for the Cowboys.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The truth is most players need a couple of years to develop. We have some young guys at DT right now with Osa, Bohanna, Hill, and Gallimore. If we haven't hit a home run with any of those guys, then we just keep swinging the bat. Disruptive DT's are hard to come by. So a rotation of decent DT's would be just as welcomed, by me.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Fletcher Cox was right there and we drafted that bum Morris Claiborne. Still hurts.

If we were trading up Poe was there also anything would have been better than trading up for MOstly injured Claiborne . What a BUST!!

Kalyan

Reaction score
Weren't we interested in Donald? Jerry should have teaded up to get him, not for that CB we took few years back with 2 #1 picks

Reaction score
If Hill would grow a brain, he looked pretty good on Thursday. Gallimore will soon be back, so he might give us a spark. We haven't seen those two players together all season. Once we do, it will give us a chance to see what we really have in the middle. If it's not good enough, take someone in the 2nd. (We need too much help on the O-line to make it a 1st.).

Cowboyny

Reaction score
WATCH Christian Barmore's performances so far this year for the Patriots...

The Cowboys seriously ***** up once again not going after monster DT Christian Barmore!

Imagine what he could have been doing to help our Defense? :mad:

Instead, we're stuck with another 2nd round pick who has done absolutely nothing for the Cowboys.

I would normally agree, but I think Joseph was a legitimate 1st rd talent. Last yr's DT class was average at best. Barmore has been good, but so has Osa, jury is still out if either will ever become an elite player, which I question.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I would normally agree, but I think Joseph was a legitimate 1st rd talent. Last yr's DT class was average at best. Barmore has been good, but so has Osa, jury is still out if either will ever become an elite player, which I question.
What has Joseph shown? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Barmore has been a total BEAST, even more than Osa.