Our future is not bright

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
It's not as dire as all that.

You act like a team cannot sign any FA after they pay tier QB--its simply not true.

Better drafting, signing key FA pieces, & a complete off-season (maybe a DC change) and we're back on track.
Agreed, and if you take the $20 million per year from Lawrence, $10 million from Crawford, $10 million from Jaylen, $6.5 from Griffen, and whatever Lee is making, you have more than enough to pay Dak and rebuild the defense.

These threads are just Dak bashing. Dak plays well, these high priced players on defense can be easily replaced, they don't make plays.

Ken

Reaction score
Based on what evidence? LOL - Goff has taken a team to the SB and has beaten Dak in any game that mattered between these teams. Hell we played the Rams week 1 and Dak and his awesome offense was able to generate a whopping 3 points in the second half.
Ok, so Goff plays on a better team/coached team?

The playoff game Dak outplayed Goff but he doesn't play defense. They ran the ball down our throats if you remember.

But other than that, any way you want to measure them statistically, Dak is better.

Ken

Reaction score
QBs usually win championships when they are cheap..

When they get paid they really don’t win anything.

We can go 1-3 with a lot of QBs.
Well, Mahomes got PAID and they are the odds on fav to win again.

I just think we are too early in the mega-contract phase to really make declarative statements about what it does to the overall team.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Ok, so Goff plays on a better team/coached team?

The playoff game Dak outplayed Goff but he doesn't play defense. They ran the ball down our throats if you remember.

But other than that, any way you want to measure them statistically, Dak is better.

Ah right, more of the "if only Dak had ......" - at this rate we might have to clone the 90's team for Dak to play with.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We have spent so much money on runningbacks and WR's and now our foundation is falling apart and the Dak bill is due.

I just don't see how we are going to overcome Dak's contract and somehow quickly improve this team. It's going to take years.

Jaylon Smith? Terrible contract

Lawrence? Terrible contract

LVE? Not reliable

Once Dak is signed the only way to improve this team is with rookies and we've been basically doing that since he has got here and we have nothing to show for it.

I wish Dallas wasn't so in love with their QB. I wish they would look to the draft and save themselves from locking us down into mediocrity.

We've lost almost all hope for doing anything this season and the Cowboys only redeeming quality is that our division is so bad.

McCarthy looks like the fraud I said he was. I still have hope but I hated this hire.

It's just bad and we desperately need to add a transcendent player or coach to this staff to even give us a chance to overcome all of this.

Dak, like Romo, just can't overcome all of our problems and paying them all that money just makes them insanely rich and the Cowboys insanely average.

Someone please give me a shred of optimism for this teams future....

Crawford will be gone. We can get out of Jaylon next year. Lawrence in two years.

And I'm not convinced we *have* to sign Dak. The QB market is a bubble, IMO, and that bubble is likely to pop next year if the cap drops. More college QBs are NFL ready, while NFL QBs are protected by rules and ever improving medicine. Supply is up, and demand is flat. Prices should go *down*.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We have spent so much money on runningbacks and WR's and now our foundation is falling apart and the Dak bill is due.

I just don't see how we are going to overcome Dak's contract and somehow quickly improve this team. It's going to take years.

LVE? Not reliable

Once Dak is signed the only way to improve this team is with rookies and we've been basically doing that since he has got here and we have nothing to show for it.

I wish Dallas wasn't so in love with their QB. I wish they would look to the draft and save themselves from locking us down into mediocrity.

We've lost almost all hope for doing anything this season and the Cowboys only redeeming quality is that our division is so bad.

McCarthy looks like the fraud I said he was. I still have hope but I hated this hire.

It's just bad and we desperately need to add a transcendent player or coach to this staff to even give us a chance to overcome all of this.

Dak, like Romo, just can't overcome all of our problems and paying them all that money just makes them insanely rich and the Cowboys insanely average.

I don’t disagree. I continue to think this roster could win with improvements at S, DT, OT and LB. I also think the culture is toxic so it doesn’t matter who comes here. Jerry has destroyed this franchise.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
No it isn’t, but we knew that with this front office. The recent past and present aren’t bright either

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Don't pay Dak because the defense sucks? These clowns make no sense.

Oline is on a revamp. I think we let Zeke and Cooper walk after next season. Spend the next two off seasons drafting defense and getting a key free agent or two with the Zeke and Cooper money.

Although the chances are slim. I'm actually with you on that.

We are way to top heavy at WR. In fact the other receivers are cutting into Cooper's production. Not his fault but we are still carrying his contract. Zeke's production has steadily gone downhill the past three years while his fumbles have gone up and while I think Cooper is a good team guy Zeke has always been a knucklehead. Also the handwriting is on the wall in that with Dak around and with Kellen Moore the "feed "Zeke" philosophy will never develop. We've haven't really had a run first mentality since Demarco Murray.

To sum up, we've had a lot of guys around here cash in and then check out and moves like you suggested would send a message if nothing else.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t disagree. I continue to think this roster could win with improvements at S, DT, OT and LB. I also think the culture is toxic so it doesn’t matter who comes here. Jerry has destroyed this franchise.

Yep..

I think by the year 2022 we might be able to have hope again but I think next year is a repeat of this year.

I doubt we make any improvements outside of rookies.

Verdict

Reaction score

LVE? Not reliable

You guys are such drama queens. Let’s try to be at least slightly objective, here, shall we?

We have the number one rated offense in the league and probably still haven’t hit full stride yet. The WR Corps is set unless we decide to make a trade/cut for cap relief. Cedrick Wilson finally is healthy and even if you trade off Amari, we have three very good receivers.

We have a new center that’s only going to get better. Collins will be back next year. Etc. the offense is good to go. Might want to start looking for a LG if McGovern doesn’t pan out, be we are good on that side of the ball.

The defense is undoubtably less settled. We have issues at DT, linebacker and safety. The good news is that linebackers can be found throughout the draft. You can get a real stud in the top 4 rounds. Hitchens was a 4th rounder and he was an adequate player.

The WOLF HUNTER will be back. We can essentially fix the LB corps with a draft pick and LVE returning. I would be looking to flip a late round pick for a good LB or safety now.

The defense will improve as time goes on and they figure out what Nolan is wanting them to do.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Don't pay Dak because the defense sucks? These clowns make no sense.

Oline is on a revamp. I think we let Zeke and Cooper walk after next season. Spend the next two off seasons drafting defense and getting a key free agent or two with the Zeke and Cooper money.
Let Cooper and Zeke go? Top 5 players at their positions. You are just as bad as the Dak haters. The offense is fine. You trade Gallup in the offseason for a high second or low first round pick. Sign the franchise quarterback (Dak). Draft a war daddy. Get some linebackers and secondary help with our 9+ picks we will be fine.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak has proven nothing to me in terms of the money he wants and how his game correlates to winning and losing.

He’s not a difference maker and he’s a slow starter even against horrible defenses.
You obviously don’t understand not only NFL football, but NFL players contracts. You just hate.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

LVE? Not reliable

You’re future is bright because you hate everything about the Cowboys. This thread is just another example. All your threads and posts are the same. You’re a quitter. The Jones suck and are incompetent but I don’t give up. A coach can make a difference. I haven’t given up on this one like you have. But you quit many years ago so no surprise.

visionary

Reaction score
I still think Urban Meyer Is a option as HC after this season... a zeke and urban reunion may be something to have hopes about. I agree McCarthy is a fraud and I never bought in. His first presser didn’t help...and the rest is history.

I wanted Urban last year

I think the only reason he’s not here is because he wanted real control and the Joneses were not ready to give it up

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
poor stat prescott, get your money elsewhere, screw the Cowboys.. says only stat prescott fans, not Cowboys fans.