Our OC and QB apparently aren’t talking during the game

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Of course the Rams aren’t transitioning to a new group of receivers and TEs.

We don’t have a lockdown defense so comparing rams and cowboys offenses is useless. Our defense is getting better. Their defense is the best.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don’t have a lockdown defense so comparing rams and cowboys offenses is useless. Our defense is getting better. Their defense is the best.

That may be true, but that wasn’t the context of the discussion.

Number1

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-scott-linehan-when-dak-heads-to-the-sideline

Maybe it’s nothing, but seems odd to me and probably not the healthiest way to work out the offense and make adjustments.

"“Kellen, I guess you call him the mediator at that point, when I come to the sideline. Me and him talk about what we saw and then he gets on the headset and he’s talking with Linehan. Then he’ll get back to me with what Linehan’s thinking with the plays and stuff that we’re working towards, so it’s been great.”"

so Scott is calling plays through, Kellen

"it's been great"

qasn't Scott on the sidelines last year?

is this about a new approach? disjointed personalities? or what?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"“Kellen, I guess you call him the mediator at that point, when I come to the sideline. Me and him talk about what we saw and then he gets on the headset and he’s talking with Linehan. Then he’ll get back to me with what Linehan’s thinking with the plays and stuff that we’re working towards, so it’s been great.”"

so Scott is calling plays through, Kellen

"it's been great"

qasn't Scott on the sidelines last year?

is this about a new approach? disjointed personalities? or what?

It’s about Linehan deciding to position himself to see the field better.

Number1

Reaction score
Exactly.

Folks, the cowboys don’t need to and shouldn’t have to reinvent the game of football for the sake of our 4th round qb. He should just play better. He has a dream situation for a qb with Everybody stacking the line, and one on one outside. So throw touchdowns, or go away

dude, it's not like Dak was missing hot routes early in the progression - what we saw last weak was anything but JG's play action deep timing O

this about an iffy OL and over tweaked adjustments (like 4 TEs and fixed progressions). the whole O was out of sync all day - that's on the OC / HC. I hate to use the term but that speaks to "culture", a ball of confusion

JG needs to steady the ship

Number1

Reaction score
Norv Turner

and Zampesie and Joe Gibbs at USC in the 70s

BTW, Dak is a pretty good communicator on field and really works through progressions

I'd give him a lot more discretion at the LOS w/ a game plan to be aggressive and look deep early in progressions. Stop the tweaking and just run the O.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-scott-linehan-when-dak-heads-to-the-sideline

Maybe it’s nothing, but seems odd to me and probably not the healthiest way to work out the offense and make adjustments.

Kellen Moore is a “mediator” for Dak Prescott and Scott Linehan when Dak heads to the sideline​

What a clown show.

"Mediator" is not the word that should describe the QB coach. Remember also the talk about Mark Sanchez helping Dak out in 2016. A really bad sign when the QB talks to everyone but the OC.

Also remember Butler saying that Romo installed the offense each week, and saying "the coaches don't coach", clearly referring to the coach who should have been installing the offense, Linehan.

What is Linehan still doing here?

I could see if the offense had been firing on all cylinders, that you'd keep him despite off the field dysfunction, but the results have been pathetic for the last half season.