Our offense may not be as great as you think for this upcoming season

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I wish the RB group was stronger, but it's better than last season. Slight improvement.

The WR group is vastly improved. This is a really good group of WR.

TE is a wash to me. If Schoon comes on, it could eventually be better.

OL is an unknown.

Offensive coordinator is a downgrade IMO.

Overall, this offense is better. How much- we'll see.

yentl911

Reaction score
I think our offensive success is directly tied to the health and performance of our OL. I am concerned with Tyron staying healthy for any stretch and I am also concerned with Steel coming back from ACL surgery and performing as expected.

Bagman

Reaction score
Our offense will not be explosive and here’s why:

Our run game will be severely lacking. I’m not saying it was great last year. However, that being said, it has not improved this year either. Pollard as the feature back may not work as well as we are thinking it will. Last year, the one two punch of Zeke and Pollard was fun to watch. Is Zeke way past his prime? Yes. But we needed someone else to compliment Pollard’s explosive style. And we didn’t get that this season. We got Rico and Deuce. Are they going to be great enough to step up to the plate to up our running game? I like them both but unfortunately, the answer is no. Pollard, Rico, and Deuce are not this formidable trio this board and other Cowboys fans think it is. It’s a meddling trio, which, one could argue is enough to win it all with good coaching, the right plays, tough attitudes, and the right luck.

Problem is, the Cowboys have none of that. I don’t believe our new OC is going to top Kellen Moore, who wasn’t that great an OC in the first place. McCarthy is a game manager at best. Our team is nothing but a bunch of weak wannabe instagram influencers.

That leads us to our next problem— the rest of the offense being lead by none other than THE Dak Prescott, whom no one in the league fears. I’m not saying he’s a HORRIBLE QB. But I am saying he’s top 12-15 at best. Maybe Top 10-12 on his best day. He’s not a playmaker or runner. He’s not an accurate deep thrower. He’s just… basic. There’s nothing he excels at. Meaning he’s easy to shut down. Our best playmakers are in our WR room but again, that all depends on the QB and OC, both of whom are not that great.

So, when both the QB, OC, and RB rooms aren’t that great, what are we left with offensively that can be dwindled as scary good? Well that question remains unanswered. I hope I’m wrong about all of this but I just can’t see this offense being explosive or great considering all the changes (or lack thereof) made in the off-season.

We’ll be left with a somewhat great defense, but the defense can only carry the offense so far, as we saw last year when the offense severely struggled.
Well, I guess with your crystal ball and keen insights you're way ahead of the rest of us. You just saved yourself an entire season of anxiety. Good luck NOT watching Dallas Cowboys football this year. Why waste your time ?

Flamma

Reaction score

Our run game will be severely lacking. I’m not saying it was great last year. However, that being said, it has not improved this year either. Pollard as the feature back may not work as well as we are thinking it will. Last year, the one two punch of Zeke and Pollard was fun to watch. Is Zeke way past his prime? Yes. But we needed someone else to compliment Pollard’s explosive style. And we didn’t get that this season. We got Rico and Deuce. Are they going to be great enough to step up to the plate to up our running game? I like them both but unfortunately, the answer is no. Pollard, Rico, and Deuce are not this formidable trio this board and other Cowboys fans think it is. It’s a meddling trio, which, one could argue is enough to win it all with good coaching, the right plays, tough attitudes, and the right luck.

Problem is, the Cowboys have none of that. I don’t believe our new OC is going to top Kellen Moore, who wasn’t that great an OC in the first place. McCarthy is a game manager at best. Our team is nothing but a bunch of weak wannabe instagram influencers.

That leads us to our next problem— the rest of the offense being lead by none other than THE Dak Prescott, whom no one in the league fears. I’m not saying he’s a HORRIBLE QB. But I am saying he’s top 12-15 at best. Maybe Top 10-12 on his best day. He’s not a playmaker or runner. He’s not an accurate deep thrower. He’s just… basic. There’s nothing he excels at. Meaning he’s easy to shut down. Our best playmakers are in our WR room but again, that all depends on the QB and OC, both of whom are not that great.

So, when both the QB, OC, and RB rooms aren’t that great, what are we left with offensively that can be dwindled as scary good? Well that question remains unanswered. I hope I’m wrong about all of this but I just can’t see this offense being explosive or great considering all the changes (or lack thereof) made in the off-season.

We’ll be left with a somewhat great defense, but the defense can only carry the offense so far, as we saw last year when the offense severely struggled.
When it comes to quarterbacks like "THE Dak Prescott" it all depends on his supporting cast. These are QBs that aren't great, but good enough to play well given the weapons. See Tua in Miami.

The one place I will partially disagree with you on is with the running backs. Rico and Deuce may not be the players we hoped they's be. But I can guarantee you Pollard, Rico, Deuce > Pollard/Zeke. It's at worst an improvement, at best a vast improvement. Zeke was not only past his prime, he was washed up.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have been a little worried about the offense this off season, even with the additions. But then watching Grier run this Gulf Coast Offense © I am encouraged. The ball seems to come out quickly, and considering the three headed monster of Lamb/Cooks/Gallup, and a couple of TE's that can catch, I am now feeling a great deal better.

I have been expressing my concern about the OL. This is where I believe the offense will stumble if they do.

Maybe it's the fact the season is here. Yet I cannot be a bit excited about hos this offense will perform.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Luepke will be a little hammer and Dowdle can run hard. I didn’t like that fumble in the preseason but let’s see when the lights come on. Deuce will be fun to watch. Our O-Line depth is an issue. But Dak has plenty or weapons to throw to. We will be explosive.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don’t agree with the OP’s take. I think Deuce and Dowdle can provide more yardage than Zeke did, and I think we’re better at both WR and TE. I also think our D is better. As an OC, Kellen Moore had a prolific offense that gave us big numbers, but most of us felt his WR routes were limited and predictable, and often was too cutesy. McCarthy ran his own offense in Green Bay, and has a ring to show for it. All these factors together make us better. Of course things like injuries, officiating and circumstance can derail the best teams, and if that happens, we all KNOW what will happen. The Trolls, Eeyores, and fake fans will gleefully flood the interment with snarky blather, because their fondest wish is Dallas failure.

Ekspozed

Reaction score

Daks scored 29.9 ppg since 2019, best amongst quarterbacks. We gonna score points lil bro.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Right now on paper, Dallas has upgraded:
- The running backs
- WR2 and WR3
- The o line versus what it was for most of the year

I have really liked the playcalling so far in preseason. Last year the scoring ranking was inflated by a few games. They may not drop 50 too much but I think that the offense will be more effective against better defenses.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Polkton31

Reaction score

We’ll be left with a somewhat great defense, but the defense can only carry the offense so far, as we saw last year when the offense severely struggle.
It gets harder and harder to take anything you say seriously. Remember this one?

Oh wow. I might actually watch a preseason game to see how horridly this goes. You thought Kellen Moore was bad? Just wait for Dak. Giving us our final preseason loss.

But, on a positive note. You are entertaining, and always good for a laugh.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Or they may just start hiring a party boat every weekend before the games...

CCBoy

Reaction score
:lmao: :facepalm:

dunce.jpg
At least he's not in a corner...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Better WRs. Healthy Oline going into week 1.
Explosive RB starting with a few RBs behind him with different skill sets.
Green TEs but some upside.

I’m not seeing the signs of a weaker offense
This offensive line can maintain the golden 2.0 second wall...we're good with this group.

GINeric

Reaction score

Well, coaches, GMs, and players that played, coached against and game planned for, all agreed that Dak is ranked around 8, or 9. They eat sleep and breathe more football in one week than you ever have in 10 years.

This is no disrespect to you, but your list placement of Dak lacks a little credibility compared to the people who are in the business of professional football. So I can't take you seriously there.

Now to comment on your stance with, not having our old OC Kellen Moore. That is addition by subtraction because Moore's in-game awareness and football IQ to call plays according to the flow of the game was absolute TRASH!

Kellen Moore was not intelligent enough to understand the strengths of this offense. We will not miss his inability to take advantage of the strengths of our offense.

Our running backs would gash opposing defenses for 5, 6 yards a carry..... then it's 2nd, 3rd or 4th and 1 or 2 yards or goal to go. Guess what Kellen Moore's dumb *** does....

He'll call three straight pass plays or a stupid *** reverse play.

Again.... if your running backs are averaging 5, 6 yards a carry... what does someone with half of a brain call with 2 yards to gain for the 1st down??? Exactly!!!

Kellen Moore's low football IQ *** wasn't intelligent enough to continue to do what the defense couldn't stop. I'm glad his trash *** is gone. I don't need a OC calling 50 pass plays when your running backs are wearing the defense down at high yardage percentage.

It's called common sense. Kellen Moore didn't have any.