Our offense may not be as great as you think for this upcoming season

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But we needed someone else to compliment Pollard’s explosive style.
Is wasting a down by picking up two yards really a “compliment to Pollard’s explosive style”? Almost any NFL level back could put up the same numbers that Zeke did last season with the same number of carries.

There is 0 reason to think the run game will be any worse than it was last year.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Our offense will not be explosive and here’s why:

Our run game will be severely lacking. I’m not saying it was great last year. However, that being said, it has not improved this year either. Pollard as the feature back may not work as well as we are thinking it will. Last year, the one two punch of Zeke and Pollard was fun to watch. Is Zeke way past his prime? Yes. But we needed someone else to compliment Pollard’s explosive style. And we didn’t get that this season. We got Rico and Deuce. Are they going to be great enough to step up to the plate to up our running game? I like them both but unfortunately, the answer is no. Pollard, Rico, and Deuce are not this formidable trio this board and other Cowboys fans think it is. It’s a meddling trio, which, one could argue is enough to win it all with good coaching, the right plays, tough attitudes, and the right luck.

Problem is, the Cowboys have none of that. I don’t believe our new OC is going to top Kellen Moore, who wasn’t that great an OC in the first place. McCarthy is a game manager at best. Our team is nothing but a bunch of weak wannabe instagram influencers.

That leads us to our next problem— the rest of the offense being lead by none other than THE Dak Prescott, whom no one in the league fears. I’m not saying he’s a HORRIBLE QB. But I am saying he’s top 12-15 at best. Maybe Top 10-12 on his best day. He’s not a playmaker or runner. He’s not an accurate deep thrower. He’s just… basic. There’s nothing he excels at. Meaning he’s easy to shut down. Our best playmakers are in our WR room but again, that all depends on the QB and OC, both of whom are not that great.

So, when both the QB, OC, and RB rooms aren’t that great, what are we left with offensively that can be dwindled as scary good? Well that question remains unanswered. I hope I’m wrong about all of this but I just can’t see this offense being explosive or great considering all the changes (or lack thereof) made in the off-season.

We’ll be left with a somewhat great defense, but the defense can only carry the offense so far, as we saw last year when the offense severely struggled.
wait, you have over 8K's worth of posts on a Dallas Cowboys forum, but not really a fan of the team? You use the word "we" like this is your "team", which clearly they are not. My question to you, is why are you here and why spend so much useful part of life posting in a forum of a team you clearly don't care for? Odd...

Mark

Reaction score
This team rises and falls on its defense. The Dak-equipped offense has been scoring almost 30 points a game pretty consistently. The problem is when the defense gets dinged up and starts giving up 31. And say what you want about LVE, the demise of the defense last year can be directly traced to his absence from the starting lineup.

johneric8

Reaction score

Our run game will be severely lacking. I’m not saying it was great last year. However, that being said, it has not improved this year either. Pollard as the feature back may not work as well as we are thinking it will. Last year, the one two punch of Zeke and Pollard was fun to watch. Is Zeke way past his prime? Yes. But we needed someone else to compliment Pollard’s explosive style. And we didn’t get that this season. We got Rico and Deuce. Are they going to be great enough to step up to the plate to up our running game? I like them both but unfortunately, the answer is no. Pollard, Rico, and Deuce are not this formidable trio this board and other Cowboys fans think it is. It’s a meddling trio, which, one could argue is enough to win it all with good coaching, the right plays, tough attitudes, and the right luck.

Problem is, the Cowboys have none of that. I don’t believe our new OC is going to top Kellen Moore, who wasn’t that great an OC in the first place. McCarthy is a game manager at best. Our team is nothing but a bunch of weak wannabe instagram influencers.

That leads us to our next problem— the rest of the offense being lead by none other than THE Dak Prescott, whom no one in the league fears. I’m not saying he’s a HORRIBLE QB. But I am saying he’s top 12-15 at best. Maybe Top 10-12 on his best day. He’s not a playmaker or runner. He’s not an accurate deep thrower. He’s just… basic. There’s nothing he excels at. Meaning he’s easy to shut down. Our best playmakers are in our WR room but again, that all depends on the QB and OC, both of whom are not that great.

So, when both the QB, OC, and RB rooms aren’t that great, what are we left with offensively that can be dwindled as scary good? Well that question remains unanswered. I hope I’m wrong about all of this but I just can’t see this offense being explosive or great considering all the changes (or lack thereof) made in the off-season.

We’ll be left with a somewhat great defense, but the defense can only carry the offense so far, as we saw last year when the offense severely struggled.
Narcissism is a real issue, I learned this from reading 10% of your post.

darealvelle

Reaction score
So basically you're saying

We will suck, and if youre right you can say see I told you so, and if you're wrong you can say I'm glad I was wrong?

We have some of the most cowardly fans in the league. Browns fans have more spine then you "fans" . All yall are good for is to sit around and cry and complain about how Jerry sucks, and Jerry this and Jerry that. Claim you care about the team yet trash the team every chance you get for the glory of being right if it goes bad? Embarrassing. No wonder Cowboy fans don't show up to home games anymore. I'd be embarrassed to be sitting next to grown babies like you.
Yep i peep it too.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We haven’t even seen our new offense in a game with our starters. We’ll find out on opening day what we think of the offense. My guess is there’s bound to be some kinks that are going to have to be worked out. I just hope we look better offensively than we did last year in the opener.

elcowboi

Reaction score

I'm glad you confirmed what I was already thinking. We're going to have the worst offense in the entire world. Stupid Cowboys...

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Well, I agree.

As we all know power running and elite RB's rule the NFL.

Without a well stocked RB room the Cowboys are wildly behind the other run first juggernauts like the Bills, Lions, 49ers among others.

How can Dallas compete against the likes of Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders or Marcus Allen? It's going to be a long sad year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The offense has been this team's Achilles heel for a long time esp in the playoffs as they either start late or simply do not score enough points to win the game.
Forget the stats that's for folks looking to excuse the pain of reality.
Could this change this coming season?
We can only hope................but if this team falters once again look at the scoreboard to tell the tale of our demise.

Xelda

Reaction score
Don't even attempt to rain on our parade! Football season is upon us! YES!!!!! We aren't going to tuck our tails and hide in the corner just because of your lengthy post. We are loud, proud and fans of the Dallas Cowboys. We are the ones SAS has nightmares about. It's our right, privilege and duty to drive the rest of the NFL crazy. In my little corner of the world, I'm ready to slap a Saints' fan. Or... I could have a delivery from Best Buy and get a hold of that Eagles fan again.

plasticman

Reaction score
Last season, the Dallas Cowboys had the 4th best scoring offense in the league despite Dak's off-year. I did say "off-year" because it is so different from every one of his other seasons. Dak has one of the lowest INT ratios in the history of the NFL.

The Cowboys will now feature the Pro Bowl RB that averaged 5.2 yards a carry last season. They cut the guy who averaged 3.8 yards a season. Is that a big loss? There are literally hundreds of RB in this country that could average 3.8 yards a carry. I would say that this change is an improvement.

Despite being a top 5 scoring offense last season the WR's struggled. The only consistent player was Pro Bowler CeeDee Lamb.

Gallup was still fighting his way back from an injury that typically takes about 18 months to completely heal. He is going to be the Gallup we remember from 2019 and 2020. If the coaches didn't think that was true then why didn't we see Gallup in the preseason games? Wouldn't he need to prove something? The answer is, the coaches felt he had nothing to prove.

Now add in another perennial 1000 yards receiver in Cooks. If you've had a 1000 yard season with four different teams and your most recent was the Houston Texans led by 2nd year QB Davis Mills, you have got to have a skill set. Now that the guy on the other side is CeeDee, Cooks is going to make it five teams.

Remind me again, who was our #4 receiver last season? Well, Noah Brown was the #2 receiver. The #4 receiver was T.Y. Hilton who caught his first pass for the Cowboys in game #15 and ended with a total of 7 receptions. Is that going to be difficult to improve on?

The receiving squad is vastly improved from 2022 when it was a top ten passing offense when it came to scoring TD's.

The TE's now have two guys in their 2nd season, when most NFL players experience their greatest jump in productivity. The squad is legitimately three deep. Last season it was Schultz with a large decrease in his previous season's productivity, backed up by two rookies.

Now it's the same two guys with a new rookie, drafted in the 2nd round. You don't think these TE's can surpass last season's total of 106 receptions? You don't think these guys ae capable of catching an average of 36 passes each? They can't combine for six and a half receptions per game? I know they can.

The offensive line is composed of three former Pro Bowlers, two will eventually be given strong consideration for the Hall of Fame. It also has last season's #1 pick. That's right, another rookie now entering his second season.

This is the line they were supposed to have last season. When Tyron went down, did this line improve? So now that everyone is back, how can they be worse than last season?

The offense improved immediately when Dak came back from his injury. In fact, from that point on, beginning from game #7, the Cowboys were actually the 3rd highest scoring offense in the NFL

Every squad is improved from last season, when they were one of the most prolific scoring offenses in the NFL. Let's not forget that this ball hawking defense is going to give them an assist in field position from time to time as well.

How does a vastly improved offense translate to less productivity?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Lies, embellishments and inaccuracies.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Our 2nd RB is 5-5...... really?
5'5 and you say that is insurmountable for a Cowboys player...do people make fun of you for claiming to be a Cowboys fan instead of clapping for over-achievers?

Reaction score
So basically you're saying

We will suck, and if youre right you can say see I told you so, and if you're wrong you can say I'm glad I was wrong?

We have some of the most cowardly fans in the league. Browns fans have more spine then you "fans" . All yall are good for is to sit around and cry and complain about how Jerry sucks, and Jerry this and Jerry that. Claim you care about the team yet trash the team every chance you get for the glory of being right if it goes bad? Embarrassing. No wonder Cowboy fans don't show up to home games anymore. I'd be embarrassed to be sitting next to grown babies like you.
:hammer: