Our offense may not be as great as you think for this upcoming season

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well, I agree.

As we all know power running and elite RB's rule the NFL.

Without a well stocked RB room the Cowboys are wildly behind the other run first juggernauts like the Bills, Lions, 49ers among others.

How can Dallas compete against the likes of Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders or Marcus Allen? It's going to be a long sad year.
In the '50's I might have said, go Jim Brown and then Bobby Mitchell, even Don Perkins...things are different and so is acceptable for a fan today. That gives Cowboys fan a lousy rep. You proud?

CCBoy

Reaction score
This team rises and falls on its defense. The Dak-equipped offense has been scoring almost 30 points a game pretty consistently. The problem is when the defense gets dinged up and starts giving up 31. And say what you want about LVE, the demise of the defense last year can be directly traced to his absence from the starting lineup.
Hey, this fan still greatly projects point difference advantages for an entire season now...

SBWinner

Reaction score
Our offense will not be explosive and here’s why:

Our run game will be severely lacking. I’m not saying it was great last year. However, that being said, it has not improved this year either. Pollard as the feature back may not work as well as we are thinking it will. Last year, the one two punch of Zeke and Pollard was fun to watch. Is Zeke way past his prime? Yes. But we needed someone else to compliment Pollard’s explosive style. And we didn’t get that this season. We got Rico and Deuce. Are they going to be great enough to step up to the plate to up our running game? I like them both but unfortunately, the answer is no. Pollard, Rico, and Deuce are not this formidable trio this board and other Cowboys fans think it is. It’s a meddling trio, which, one could argue is enough to win it all with good coaching, the right plays, tough attitudes, and the right luck.

Problem is, the Cowboys have none of that. I don’t believe our new OC is going to top Kellen Moore, who wasn’t that great an OC in the first place. McCarthy is a game manager at best. Our team is nothing but a bunch of weak wannabe instagram influencers.

That leads us to our next problem— the rest of the offense being lead by none other than THE Dak Prescott, whom no one in the league fears. I’m not saying he’s a HORRIBLE QB. But I am saying he’s top 12-15 at best. Maybe Top 10-12 on his best day. He’s not a playmaker or runner. He’s not an accurate deep thrower. He’s just… basic. There’s nothing he excels at. Meaning he’s easy to shut down. Our best playmakers are in our WR room but again, that all depends on the QB and OC, both of whom are not that great.

So, when both the QB, OC, and RB rooms aren’t that great, what are we left with offensively that can be dwindled as scary good? Well that question remains unanswered. I hope I’m wrong about all of this but I just can’t see this offense being explosive or great considering all the changes (or lack thereof) made in the off-season.

We’ll be left with a somewhat great defense, but the defense can only carry the offense so far, as we saw last year when the offense severely struggled.
The Dak throwing deep part is a tired narrative. Stats have shown pretty consistently he is a great deep ball thrower. His problem last year was lack of receiving talent and throwing into more tight windows than most other QBs in the league.

He ain't Troy Aikman at this point in his career, but then again most QBs never will be. Let's see how he does this season. Given the new weapons, I think he does pretty well. The only true thing I am worried about is OL depth spoiling it, but we will see if they make it through the season healthy as we all hope. If the starting OL holds up, this could be a great season offensively.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Our run game will be severely lacking. I’m not saying it was great last year. However, that being said, it has not improved this year either. Pollard as the feature back may not work as well as we are thinking it will. Last year, the one two punch of Zeke and Pollard was fun to watch. Is Zeke way past his prime? Yes. But we needed someone else to compliment Pollard’s explosive style. And we didn’t get that this season. We got Rico and Deuce. Are they going to be great enough to step up to the plate to up our running game? I like them both but unfortunately, the answer is no. Pollard, Rico, and Deuce are not this formidable trio this board and other Cowboys fans think it is. It’s a meddling trio, which, one could argue is enough to win it all with good coaching, the right plays, tough attitudes, and the right luck.

Problem is, the Cowboys have none of that. I don’t believe our new OC is going to top Kellen Moore, who wasn’t that great an OC in the first place. McCarthy is a game manager at best. Our team is nothing but a bunch of weak wannabe instagram influencers.

That leads us to our next problem— the rest of the offense being lead by none other than THE Dak Prescott, whom no one in the league fears. I’m not saying he’s a HORRIBLE QB. But I am saying he’s top 12-15 at best. Maybe Top 10-12 on his best day. He’s not a playmaker or runner. He’s not an accurate deep thrower. He’s just… basic. There’s nothing he excels at. Meaning he’s easy to shut down. Our best playmakers are in our WR room but again, that all depends on the QB and OC, both of whom are not that great.

So, when both the QB, OC, and RB rooms aren’t that great, what are we left with offensively that can be dwindled as scary good? Well that question remains unanswered. I hope I’m wrong about all of this but I just can’t see this offense being explosive or great considering all the changes (or lack thereof) made in the off-season.

We’ll be left with a somewhat great defense, but the defense can only carry the offense so far, as we saw last year when the offense severely struggled.
I see people are still blatantly ignoring every single statistic proving Dak is one of the most accurate deep ball throwers in the game. Hilarious

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lies, embellishments and inaccuracies.
9 pts vs the Eagles in a game for the Div title.
10 pts vs the Saints.
9 pts vs the Pats.
0 pts vs the Colts.
13 pts vs GB in 3 Q of football in the playoffs.
0 pts vs the Broncos at home at the start of the 4th Q.
2 Niner playoff games a total of 29 total pts scored.
9 pts vs the Chiefs.
15 pts vs the Bills.
17 pts vs a terrible Jets team.
etc
etc
etc

I can do this all day but you get the idea of how valid his worries are about our very limited offense.
Sure give them a dog team like the Falcons or the NFC East the past 7 years and stat padding is in play in a galore fashion!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9 pts vs the Eagles in a game for the Div title.
10 pts vs the Saints.
9 pts vs the Pats.
0 pts vs the Colts.
13 pts vs GB in 3 Q of football in the playoffs.
0 pts vs the Broncos at home at the start of the 4th Q.
2 Niner playoff games a total of 29 total pts scored.
9 pts vs the Chiefs.
15 pts vs the Bills.
17 pts vs a terrible Jets team.
etc
etc
etc

I can do this all day but you get the idea of how valid his worries are about our very limited offense.
Sure give them a dog team like the Falcons or the NFC East the past 7 years and stat padding is in play in a galore fashion!!
Sure cherry pick a few games, especially in games that the defenses let the team down as well.
Win...team won ... lose, it is Dak's fault.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We will compile massive amounts of regular season stats. It is what we do. If the defense continues to play great and get lots of turn overs we will win a ton of games. We will enter the post season. A quality team will punch us in the mouth. We will see if we respond.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We will compile massive amounts of regular season stats. It is what we do. If the defense continues to play great and get lots of turn overs we will win a ton of games. We will enter the post season. A quality team will punch us in the mouth. We will see if we respond.
Top end football is built around a team, not historical stats. This team has paid for playoff learning as well as adding experience of leadership in veterans!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
So basically you're saying

We will suck, and if youre right you can say see I told you so, and if you're wrong you can say I'm glad I was wrong?

We have some of the most cowardly fans in the league. Browns fans have more spine then you "fans" . All yall are good for is to sit around and cry and complain about how Jerry sucks, and Jerry this and Jerry that. Claim you care about the team yet trash the team every chance you get for the glory of being right if it goes bad? Embarrassing. No wonder Cowboy fans don't show up to home games anymore. I'd be embarrassed to be sitting next to grown babies like you.
Hearing from the super fans like yourself is so awesome.... everyone else sucks but you, right?

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
The fantasy football league I play in has a $500 entry fee. I trust our offense enough to have drafted Dak, and the three years I had Dak he cooked. History says Dak will cook....okay, not a deep scientific dive into our possibilities, but I certainly believe that this offense can average 24+ point a game.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

MM has a strong track record as a playcaller, run game will be better cause of Zeke no longer on the team. Dak has a much better supporting cast this year and should be far more productive.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

McMicah

Reaction score
I’m all about realism, but this is all unfounded.
Pollard > Zeke
Cooks >> Noah Brown
Schoonmaker >>> Hendershot

Tyler Smith should be improved
Biadasz should be improved
Ferguson should be improved
Leupke, Dowdle, and Deuce are fun adds
Turpin is better as a receiver
Tolbert is a massive insurance policy

The only things that are wild cards are:
1. Did Tyron degrade as a LT?
2. Did Martin degrade as a RG?
3. How will the new offense impact Dak?

I don’t know how you can claim this offense is going to be a step back from last year

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I know it is easy and fun to be optimistic but this is the NFL. On average an NFL player gets worse every year. Unless they are on a rookie deal if they played well last year you will be lucky to get similar performance but should almost expect worse. NFL teams are constantly being saved by players that step up and outperform expectations. Hopefully we have some of those hidden away somewhere.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I’m all about realism, but this is all unfounded.
Pollard > Zeke
Cooks >> Noah Brown
Schoonmaker >>> Hendershot

Tyler Smith should be improved
Biadasz should be improved
Ferguson should be improved
Leupke, Dowdle, and Deuce are fun adds
Turpin is better as a receiver
Tolbert is a massive insurance policy

The only things that are wild cards are:
1. Did Tyron degrade as a LT?
2. Did Martin degrade as a RG?
3. How will the new offense impact Dak?

I don’t know how you can claim this offense is going to be a step back from last year
Give this offense lead by Dak Prescott a dependable 2.0 seconds and at least fan isn't a 'Doubting Thomas.'