Our offense may not be as great as you think for this upcoming season

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Great offense? No.
Adequate with a super defense? Hopefully
If our OL holds up and doesn't get too beat up with injuries, I think this year's offense will be better than last years. Running game and passing game should both improve. Defense will improve as well.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Despite all the doubt and worry, I'm going to enjoy this season. I think Dallas has assembled a pretty damn good team. The only thing to dampen my spirit would be injuries. As it would with ANY TEAM. Regardless how well you think other teams build their squads, they're all just 1 major injury from falling apart. There's no perfect team. Relax and enjoy it. Hope for good health and it'll be a great season.
I'm ready for it! :thumbup:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Upgrading from Zeke is only a slight improvement?

Did you watch the last 6-7 games of the year last season?
Zeke's replacement is the combination of Duece, Dowdle, and Luepke. It'll be REALLY fun to compare their combined stats to those of Zeke's stats last year!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean Aikman that handed the ball off to Emmitt and threw for 200 yards and 1 TD per game?

Aikman was a steady, accurate pocket passer in the short to mid range area. He was a great leader that hung in tough in the pocket even when he knew he was getting killed.

Without a great Oline and Emmitt and a strong run game to protect him, he struggled.

A very good QB, but grossly overrated due to the incredible supporting cast around him.

Unpopular as that may be, its the honest truth.
No
Troy arrived in the playoffs and excelled under both mental and pocket pressure.
Some QBs face playoff pressure and fail. (Wut who?)

That's what made Troy great.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Go Giants LMAO
Let's not get it twisted. I think the Giants will be good again this year, but they won't be able to keep up with our offense.

Watch.

The reign of leadership will continute.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Don't even attempt to rain on our parade! Football season is upon us! YES!!!!! We aren't going to tuck our tails and hide in the corner just because of your lengthy post. We are loud, proud and fans of the Dallas Cowboys. We are the ones SAS has nightmares about. It's our right, privilege and duty to drive the rest of the NFL crazy. In my little corner of the world, I'm ready to slap a Saints' fan. Or... I could have a delivery from Best Buy and get a hold of that Eagles fan again.
Funniest post of the year.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Well:

1. Scoring offense includes defensive scores off TOs

2. Defensive TOs that didn’t lead to defensive scores put us in good field position.

3. Dak’s pick 6s are not counted as negatives for this offense.

4. Moore ran a conservative game plan with Rush.

4. Look at how many points Dalton put up in 2020 with Moore as the OC and no first string OL. The team put up 41, 30, 37 and 31 in 4 games and in the same Giants game that Dak went out in, it ended up at 37 pts.

5. Mike McCarthy was trying to say Moore scores too much and too fast.
:thumbup:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let's not get it twisted. I think the Giants will be good again this year, but they won't be able to keep up with our offense.

Watch.

The reign of leadership will continute.
I was being sarcastic. With the OP. He likes the Giants better than a Cowboys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No
Troy arrived in the playoffs and excelled under both mental and pocket pressure.
Some QBs face playoff pressure and fail. (Wut who?)

That's what made Troy great.
He was really great in the playoffs handing off to Emmitt and sitting in that nice pocket for 3 or 4 seconds throwing to wide open receivers off play action. Aikman rarely had to do much. Most he ever had to do was that big comeback against SF and that didnt go so well.

Not so tough to perform well when your surrounded by the best Oline in football, best RB and guys like Irvin, Harper, Novacek. And then of course Jimmy pushing all the right buttons.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was really great in the playoffs handing off to Emmitt and sitting in that nice pocket for 3 or 4 seconds throwing to wide open receivers off play action. Aikman rarely had to do much. Most he ever had to do was that big comeback against SF and that didnt go so well.

Not so tough to perform well when your surrounded by the best Oline in football, best RB and guys like Irvin, Harper, Novacek. And then of course Jimmy pushing all the right buttons.
Troy threw pin point passes in every direction 97% of quarterbacks can't do that.
so get back to me when you find another one, Dak, perhaps?

khiladi

Reaction score
1 and 2: They were top three in yards too, not just points.
3: The argument being made is that this year's offense will be worse. Dak's INT rate was a huge outlier last year, we should expect significant regression to the mean in that department.
I'm not sure how 4, 4, and 5 relate to this argument. If Moore was a bad OC, which is what the argument was, how could they score so much with backups? And no, McCarthy does not believe the Cowboys scored too much under Moore.

"Kellen wants to light the scoreboard up," McCarthy said (via the Dallas Morning News), "but I want him to run the damn ball so I can rest my defense.

My comments were related more to the “easy. to shut down” QB. Kellen Moore, the scapegoat, who scored too much, is no longer here.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. With the OP. He likes the Giants better than a Cowboys.
Me being realistic and speaking my opinion on the team and it’s “improvements” ≠ me being a giants fan. What a wild and crude accusation.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Has anybody ever seen a positive thread, post, or comment from the OP?

Definitely the kind of person you want to hang with at a party. lol
No, he’s not a Cowboys fan. He is 100% a rival fans posting crap just to piss off the locals.

His posting history is nothing but dogging the Cowboys and “just being honest” about other teams being so much better.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Aikman is a god. First over all pick. 3 time super bowl champ. A true stud in every way. Dak makes a lot of money and was best friends with fat zeke.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
No, he’s not a Cowboys fan. He is 100% a rival fans posting crap just to piss off the locals.

His posting history is nothing but dogging the Cowboys and “just being honest” about other teams.
Right. Because being a super positive and optimistic naive fan is what makes someone a “true” fan. One negative post = troll/rival.

I have posted positively about the Cowboys in the past when deserved. But lets be truthful here, how much positivity do the cowboys deserve considering the vast amount of decades since our last Championship appearance? “Great” seasons and numbers mean nothing when you have nothing to show for it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
wait, you have over 8K's worth of posts on a Dallas Cowboys forum, but not really a fan of the team? You use the word "we" like this is your "team", which clearly they are not. My question to you, is why are you here and why spend so much useful part of life posting in a forum of a team you clearly don't care for? Odd...
They love doing it. I’m not sure why.

This place is rife with them.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Right. Because being a super positive and optimistic naive fan is what makes someone a “true” fan. One negative post = troll/rival.

I have posted positively about the Cowboys in the past when deserved. But lets be truthful here, how much positivity do the cowboys deserve considering the vast amount of decades since our last Championship appearance? “Great” seasons and numbers mean nothing when you have nothing to show for it.
Complete BS and what y’all all say. It is just more confirmation.

I’m not talking to you BTW… I’m talking to all the other posters in this thread.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Our offense will not be explosive and here’s why:

Our run game will be severely lacking. I’m not saying it was great last year. However, that being said, it has not improved this year either. Pollard as the feature back may not work as well as we are thinking it will. Last year, the one two punch of Zeke and Pollard was fun to watch. Is Zeke way past his prime? Yes. But we needed someone else to compliment Pollard’s explosive style. And we didn’t get that this season. We got Rico and Deuce. Are they going to be great enough to step up to the plate to up our running game? I like them both but unfortunately, the answer is no. Pollard, Rico, and Deuce are not this formidable trio this board and other Cowboys fans think it is. It’s a meddling trio, which, one could argue is enough to win it all with good coaching, the right plays, tough attitudes, and the right luck.

Problem is, the Cowboys have none of that. I don’t believe our new OC is going to top Kellen Moore, who wasn’t that great an OC in the first place. McCarthy is a game manager at best. Our team is nothing but a bunch of weak wannabe instagram influencers.

That leads us to our next problem— the rest of the offense being lead by none other than THE Dak Prescott, whom no one in the league fears. I’m not saying he’s a HORRIBLE QB. But I am saying he’s top 12-15 at best. Maybe Top 10-12 on his best day. He’s not a playmaker or runner. He’s not an accurate deep thrower. He’s just… basic. There’s nothing he excels at. Meaning he’s easy to shut down. Our best playmakers are in our WR room but again, that all depends on the QB and OC, both of whom are not that great.

So, when both the QB, OC, and RB rooms aren’t that great, what are we left with offensively that can be dwindled as scary good? Well that question remains unanswered. I hope I’m wrong about all of this but I just can’t see this offense being explosive or great considering all the changes (or lack thereof) made in the off-season.

We’ll be left with a somewhat great defense, but the defense can only carry the offense so far, as we saw last year when the offense severely struggled.
Everyone has been posting, Pollard is the MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, he's the next best thing to slice bread! Well, we're about to find out if he can be the featured back. Then there is Mr Turnover, Dakota " WENTZ 2." Prescot who everyone keeps calling a STATS MACHINE. Well, stats don't win games so we're to find out if he's a real leader of men or just the over hyped, overpaid, less than mediocre QB I believe he is......................

Praxit

Reaction score
..doesnt have to be great. Just good enough to win the division and move forward.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Me being realistic and speaking my opinion on the team and it’s “improvements” ≠ me being a giants fan. What a wild and crude accusation.
You being realistic. There’s nothing realistic about your assessment. Yes it is your opinion and you’re welcome to it. But it’s not close to reality.