Our Playoff chances

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jones has one pick in his entire career. LOL

Im not going to argue about how good Ramsey is compared to Awuzie. Its not up for debate.

To think you have watched most of these guys for 4 years and still dont see how bad they are is troubling.

So you must be a Garrett apologist then. The players were holding him back. Same for Maranelli.....why didn't you just say that then?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But that’s a different argument whether Watt would have made same impact here. Your sidestepping the bigger argument. The fact we took Taco instead is definitely a subject we can critique.

Side stepping what argument? Watt is an all pro. Taco got cut after his 2nd year. If you want to debate scheme and look dumb doing it, I wont stop you. It hasnt stop you before, why would it stop you now?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you must be a Garrett apologist then. The players were holding him back. Same for Maranelli.....why didn't you just say that then?

Now your just being stupid.

Defensive talent has held back everyone on the Cowboys for 25 years pretty much. Difference is Garrett was the HC. If he didn't like the product, do something about it. Instead he pushed for Zeke instead of Ramsey. Instead he allowed Marinelli to have a job and pick whomever he wanted for his scheme.

Marinelli was telling them who he wanted for his defense and who he didnt. Are you really this dumb or are you just playing dumb.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Theres no need to mention the Joneses. Everyone knows how bad they are. The fact that you continue to push the agenda that they suck just shows how out of touch you continue to be. Ive never heard ONE poster say Jones is great at his job or that the problems doesnt stem from the top.

I find it hilarious how you always try to act like Jones sucking at his job is a you told us so moment for you.

Jones sucks at his job and Garrett sucked at his. Pretty easy analysis on both counts.
There have been plenty of fans who haven’t blamed the Jones. And still think they are great owners.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Side stepping what argument? Watt is an all pro. Taco got cut after his 2nd year. If you want to debate scheme and look dumb doing it, I wont stop you. It hasnt stop you before, why would it stop you now?
You really need to work on your comprehension skills. I was arguing that Taco was a horrible pick and Watt was the one we should have taken . Your beef is with the one I was responding too. I was actually going to bat for you. Wow

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You really need to work on your comprehension skills. I was arguing that Taco was a horrible pick and Watt was the one we should have taken . Your beef is with the one I was responding too. I was actually going to bat for you. Wow

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Defensive talent has held back everyone on the Cowboys for 25 years pretty much. Difference is Garrett was the HC. If he didn't like the product, do something about it. Instead he pushed for Zeke instead of Ramsey. Instead he allowed Marinelli to have a job and pick whomever he wanted for his scheme.

Marinelli was telling them who he wanted for his defense and who he didnt. Are you really this dumb or are you just playing dumb.
I’d agree with your initial thought here on the defense.

But you’re assuming Garrett could do something about it. We’ve seen Jethro in action in the War Room. He obviously is getting the final word. Unless you have some concrete evidence Garrett was also the GM.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure buddy, whatever you say.
I’ve been arguing with them over the years on these forums. It’s amazing how fans there are still left who think Jerry is doing everything possible to win. And that he’s a great owner . That he just chooses his coaches poorly. Which of course is a huge job of a GM. But they often look the other way placing more blame on the coaching .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

So the coaches suck and the players suck but its the players fault they couldn't' coach themselves up...yeah we just aren't going to agree on this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ve been arguing with them over the years on these forums. It’s amazing how fans there are still left who think Jerry is doing everything possible to win. And that he’s a great owner . That he just chooses his coaches poorly. Which of course is a huge job of a GM. But they often look the other way placing more blame on the coaching .
I mean based on who Jerry's hired....he seems to be getting coaches other teams no longer want. He's never gotten the big fish.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean based on who Jerry's hired....he seems to be getting coaches other teams no longer want. He's never gotten the big fish.
There’s a reason for that . This franchise isn’t an attractive place to coach anymore.

stiletto

Reaction score

Well he did ONCE but his ego let him walk out the door....It has to be pretty satisfying for Jimmy to watch overall how bad the Cowboys have been since he left. He knows he built the team that won SB XXX as well.

nathanlt

Reaction score
How can we seriously look at the playoffs?
Zack Martin is out with a torn TrevLawrence tendon.
Tyron Smith has recently been diagnosed with Justin Fields Syndrome
La'el Collins has separated his Sewell from the Penei
And our entire starting secondary has been battling the Surtain virus..

C'mon now...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’d agree with your initial thought here on the defense.

But you’re assuming Garrett could do something about it. We’ve seen Jethro in action in the War Room. He obviously is getting the final word. Unless you have some concrete evidence Garrett was also the GM.

MM picks his coaches, why didnt Garrett? Plain and simple answer is that Jerry didnt trust him to. He didnt earn that right. If I'm head coach, Im demanding the way I want it. Not taking what Im given. We all know that Jerry pushed Garrett around like a puppet. Stripped him of play calling, ect.....ect.... They were all the right moves, but Jerry should have just fired the loser.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
MM picks his coaches, why didnt Garrett? Plain and simple answer is that Jerry didnt trust him to. He didnt earn that right. If I'm head coach, Im demanding the way I want it. Not taking what Im given. We all know that Jerry pushed Garrett around like a puppet. Stripped him of play calling, ect.....ect.... They were all the right moves, but Jerry should have just fired the loser.
Garrett was a puppet . And our greatest puppet.

And Jethro inserted himself with Moore as well. And it’s looking like he probably should have on defense too. Lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Only thing that you can blame Jerry for with Garrett is hiring him and not firing him. Garrett sucking at his job has nothing to do with Jerry Jones. Jerry actually gave the fool 10 years to show what he could do and Garrett blew it. He turned out to be the no talent @$$ clown that most of us knew he was.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett was a puppet . And our greatest puppet.

And Jethro inserted himself with Moore as well. And it’s looking like he probably should have on defense too. Lol

Your the only clown on here that ranks puppets. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Personally, I take EVER single coach we have ever had over Garrett. The guy clearly doesnt know jack diddly about football. And by proxy, neither do you. :muttley::clap::clap:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Only thing that you can blame Jerry for with Garrett is hiring him and not firing him. Garrett sucking at his job has nothing to do with Jerry Jones. Jerry actually gave the fool 10 years to show what he could do and Garrett blew it. He turned out to be the no talent @$$ clown that most of us knew he was.
It was the most dysfunctional hire in the history of the NFL the way Jethro brought his pet puppet in.

Jason was a good puppet. I often argued our greatest puppet. I stand by it despite his obvious coaching flaws . And it’s beginning to look like he might have been making the most of the talent he had based on how this year begun . Who knew?

Riverboat Mikey will get another year or two probably to prove our lack of success was all about coaching or that he wasn’t any better of hire.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We should have kept Jason as the HC.

Huge mistake.

Jason's record 85-67

Garrett
served nine full seasons as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys from 2011-19 in addition to eight games on an interim basis in 2010. In all, he compiled a record of 85-67 in the regular season and 2-3 in the postseason. He won NFC East titles in 2014, 2016 and 2018.

Big Mike's record 3-8

Hired his best friend to be the DC.