Our Playoff chances

Asklesko

Reaction score
200.gif

Wish I could have posted this

plymkr

Reaction score
We should have kept Jason.
I don't think Garrett is an NFL head coach. Just like I don't think Moore is ready to be a head coach. Basically JJ promoted a decade ago version of Moore as our head coach.

Jason Garrett has no business being a head coach but independent of that fact is another independent fact that MM rode Rodgers to a SB win. Both MM and JG are bad coaches independent from each other. They both have/had the same boss and both are producing same results unless they have a great QB to bail them out.

Asklesko

Reaction score
I don't think Garrett is an NFL head coach. Just like I don't think Moore is ready to be a head coach. Basically JJ promoted a decade ago version of Moore as our head coach.

Jason Garrett has no business being a head coach but independent of that fact is another independent fact that MM rode Rodgers to a SB win. Both MM and JG are bad coaches independent from each other. They both have/had the same boss and both are producing same results unless they have a great QB to bail them out.

I don't understand the thinking around here

"Beasley ain't an nfl wr." Okay, so we get Cooper and Lamb and still have a far inferior record to the Bills.
"Garrett ain't an nfl headcoach." Okay, so we go out and get MM, and we are currently sucking the Giants' tailpipe.

If these folks suck, then why do we do worse after we boot them?

plymkr

Reaction score
I don't understand the thinking around here

"Beasley ain't an nfl wr." Okay, so we get Cooper and Lamb and still have a far inferior record to the Bills.
"Garrett ain't an nfl headcoach." Okay, so we go out and get MM, and we are currently sucking the Giants' tailpipe.

If these folks suck, then why do we do worse after we boot them?
I didn't say anything about Beasely or Cooper but I get what your saying. Your question is why do players/coaches thrive when they are not in Dallas. Well the common answer is Jerry Jones and the dysfunctional organization. If Jason Garrett is a NFL caliber head coach he would have been hired as a head coach by another team. That might happen and then I'll be wrong but as of now the only FO that thought Garrett is a NFL head coach was Jerry. MM is not showing that he is a good head coach. There's some things that he is doing that is baffling. An example this week is not calling timeout prior to the delay of game penalty before the field goal miss. That's just bad coaching. No teams were beating down his door the year he was off to get him back into coaching. Then our FO makes him a HC again. So my point was JG and MM are only seen as head coaches by our dysfunctional organization. Independent of each other they both do not do a good job being a HC. Dallas just hires people that feed Jerry's narcissism.

An example of them not being head coaches or quality head coaches is how many games did JG win without a QB named Romo or Prescott? Also how many games has MM won without Rodgers or Prescott. I don't know the exact numbers but I bet it's not good for either coach. These coaches have been blessed with awesome QBs that hid a lot of their deficiencies. They may make good coordinators but not HCs IMHO.

But to compare the two is a waste of time. Both suck as Cowboys HCs which might be more of a dysfunctional organization issue than their actual skills as a HC. I will fully admit these guys may be great HCs but a dysfunctional, toxic environment will sabotage their success in Dallas. That I totally could see for both men.

It all goes back to the narcissist running the show. From socks to jocks.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about Beasely or Cooper but I get what your saying. Your question is why do players/coaches thrive when they are not in Dallas. Well the common answer is Jerry Jones and the dysfunctional organization. If Jason Garrett is a NFL caliber head coach he would have been hired as a head coach by another team. That might happen and then I'll be wrong but as of now the only FO that thought Garrett is a NFL head coach was Jerry. MM is not showing that he is a good head coach. There's some things that he is doing that is baffling. An example this week is not calling timeout prior to the delay of game penalty before the field goal miss. That's just bad coaching. No teams were beating down his door the year he was off to get him back into coaching. Then our FO makes him a HC again. So my point was JG and MM are only seen as head coaches by our dysfunctional organization. Independent of each other they both do not do a good job being a HC. Dallas just hires people that feed Jerry's narcissism.

An example of them not being head coaches or quality head coaches is how many games did JG win without a QB named Romo or Prescott? Also how many games has MM won without Rodgers or Prescott. I don't know the exact numbers but I bet it's not good for either coach. These coaches have been blessed with awesome QBs that hid a lot of their deficiencies. They may make good coordinators but not HCs IMHO.

But to compare the two is a waste of time. Both suck as Cowboys HCs which might be more of a dysfunctional organization issue than their actual skills as a HC. I will fully admit these guys may be great HCs but a dysfunctional, toxic environment will sabotage their success in Dallas. That I totally could see for both men.

It all goes back to the narcissist running the show. From socks to jocks.
Don’t compare the, l never won a divisional round playoff game” Garrett to “I won a Super Bowl” McCarthy.
Give McCarthy 3 years and he will do more than Garrett ever did! (He does need to fire Nolan though. If he does not fire Nolan within the next 2 months, I will change my opinion on McCarthy. Nolan is an anchor NO HC can overcome!)

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope to heck the Cowboys don't make the playoffs. They're terrible! They need to clean house and get the defense loaded with players, not guys selling sunglasses on the side.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Don’t compare the, l never won a divisional round playoff game” Garrett to “I won a Super Bowl” McCarthy.
Give McCarthy 3 years and he will do more than Garrett ever did! (He does need to fire Nolan though. If he does not fire Nolan within the next 2 months, I will change my opinion on McCarthy. Nolan is an anchor NO HC can overcome!)

Big Mike can’t fire anyone.

he isn’t the GM.