Our QB is broken

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
400+ passing yards, 3 TDs and a passer rating of 89.7 does not spell "falling apart" or "not capable of helping win a playoff game". 32 points scored is plenty enough to win any playoff game. The Defense giving up 38 points is what ultimately cost us this playoff game vs the Packers.
Did Kurt Warner tell you that?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
He didn't play well.

But you clearly don't watch the 49ers play very often. They make most QBs look silly.
Well then you make my point. Dak is in the realm of "most QBs". I saw Lamar put it on them though. And I saw Stafford compete against them. They are not world beaters...in fact Seattle and DK nearly beat them and was not intimidated at all...with Geno Smith.

Dak wets the bed against top competition and he did that day against SF. Again, 90 yards going into the half with 2 INTs...and you're telling me the guy who demanded top dollar gets off as "adequate"? No he STUNK.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
This is an after the fact video, not players publicly declaring at the time they didn't want to go back to Romo.

This video doesn't disagree with anything I wrote. It specifically supports what I said about the players wanting to stick with what was working. He specifically said there was nothing against Romo at all, and that it was all about the momentum at the time
Never said it was any thing against Romo. I said the team PRIVATELY would have revolted if they went back to Romo. Garrett said this to Jerry. This is what was said openly by many. That's why Romo CONCEDED what was already privately obvious...it was Dak's team.

erod

Reaction score
Dak could have played a great game, and it wouldn't have guaranteed a win the way the defense played.

It's people like you and Jerry, who think we are only one <insert offensive player> away from winning a championship, is the reason our defense has not been fixed past 14 seasons.
Wow. Clueless.

And for the record, I detest Jerry Jones.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never said it was any thing against Romo. I said the team PRIVATELY would have revolted if they went back to Romo. Garrett said this to Jerry. This is what was said openly by many. That's why Romo CONCEDED what was already privately obvious...it was Dak's team.
Revolted? lol. They would have disagreed, but let's not overdramatize.

Ultimately, this video tracks with exactly what I said

triplets_93

Reaction score
I never had to dig into stats in the 70's or the 90's to convince me that the Cowboys were good regular season and in the playoffs.

I've never been that kind of fan.

That's just who I've always been.

Zman5

Reaction score
Maybe Dak is the cancer that is bringing the rest of the team down.

More likely Jerry is the cancer that brings the whole team down.

You must be Jerry's #1fan since you can't see who the obvious cancer is

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
400+ passing yards, 3 TDs and a passer rating of 89.7 does not spell "falling apart" or "not capable of helping win a playoff game". 32 points scored is plenty enough to win any playoff game. The Defense giving up 38 points is what ultimately cost us this playoff game vs the Packers.
This is silly nonsense. He played like dog water and with the D put us in a hole 27-0. In the second half the Packers went to a prevent and basically put their second team D in. You can't be serious man. To steal a line from Super Troopers...Desperation is a stinky cologne. Sometimes just admitting things is the best course of action.

Redline360

Reaction score
This is silly nonsense. He played like dog water and with the D put us in a hole 27-0. In the second half the Packers went to a prevent and basically put their second team D in. You can't be serious man. To steal a line from Super Troopers...Desperation is a stinky cologne. Sometimes just admitting things is the best course of action.
He's just one of those fantasy football stat chasers that never looks deeper.

Game could have argurably been 13-10 at half time if all went well. If he didn't throw two INT and take a costly sack since he never throws the fn ball away. However I honestly could see it being 20-10 at worst the way the defense was getting worked.

We didn't start to do anything offensively until they slowly started pulling starters and went prevent for the most part.

Looks good on paper but in reality 80% of the game was bad

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He's just one of those fantasy football stat chasers that never looks deeper.

Game could have argurably been 13-10 at half time if all went well. If he didn't throw two INT and take a costly sack since he never throws the fn ball away. However I honestly could see it being 20-10 at worst the way the defense was getting worked.

We didn't start to do anything offensively until they slowly started pulling starters and went prevent for the most part.

Looks good on paper but in reality 80% of the game was bad
Right and the fact that Dak said himself "I sucked." I've been fair to the guy when he's done well but each year that passes shows an issue with how he comes out in many of these games.

Zman5

Reaction score
Taking it well, I see. Dak ain't it.
And replacing Dak won't magically fix the defense. Romo bashers said similar things 8 years ago and nothing has changed.

You are still clueless and haven't learned from the past. Just like Jerry.

Creeper

Reaction score
See Bob's Sturm's post on Dak's struggle early in playoff games. Euphemisms like "it was a defensive struggle" makes it seem like it was ordained by god that we have 9 points after 3 quarters. He was playing vs Mr Irrelevant. Context matters...give me a break.

This is my point. Look at the Rams game. Dak was 8-13 for 87 yards in the first half. Zeke was our leading rusher with 20 carries for 47 yards. Dak gets the blame because the Rams ran all over us. controlled the ball and stuff our running game? How many yards should Dak have thrown for in that game considering everything else?

This "analysis", leaves out 3 other games. The two the Cowboys won and the loss to Green Bay in 2016. Why? because those games don't fit the narrative. It also ignores the fact that many games are close in the first half, then 1 team pulls away. What was the score of the Texans -Ravens game at half time? What was the final score?

I get it, the Cowboys haven't advanced in the playoffs, but is is not just because of Dak. He Byron Jones made a play in 2016, the Cowboys would have been in the NFCC game. And if that happened it would have been because Dak refused to quit.

As I said, off all the QBs in the final 4 which do you think could be relied upon to win a game if they had no running game or Dallas's defense?