Our "Elite" Players..

Reaction score
Bledstudsoe.

Hello people, the guy is in the top 20 ALL TIME in virtually every passing category, top 10 in several. He threw for the 2nd most yards in Cowboy's history last year. He threw for the most TD's since Aikman in 1992. He produced 5 fourth quarter come from behind wins last year -- 5 times last year the Cowboys were losing in the 4th quarter and went on to win the game -- that's huge.

He is an elite player who had the misfortune of losing his job to the best QB in the league then had the further misfortune of being sent to the biggest joke of a franchise in the NFL in Buffalo (still put up probowl #s one season there!). Now that Bledsoe has a legit #1 receiver to throw to he is going to shut up all the critics.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that Witten is an elite player. He's not a game changer yet. He could become an elite player this season though. IMO it's Eldorado, Roy, and TNew that are elite.

kartr

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
I would love to think it, but Bledsoe isnt elite.. you are right, he was a major part of us winning some games last year.. but any good QB should mean that.. and thats what he is at this point-- good.. but not elite..

Glenn is very good, but not elite.. the elite recievers are Owens, Harrison, Johnson, Moss, and Holt.. then you got guys like Santana Moss, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin.. then you got guys like Hines Ward, Chris Chambers, Joey Galloway, and Terry Glenn..

Bledsoe lost as many as he won, which is not the sign of a good qb, let alone elite. Farve would have won the first Commander game, the Raider game, the Seattle game and the Denver game and the second Giant game with all the talent we had.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Roy Williams is our only "elite" at this time....but, we have several with potential to be.........WARE, SPEARS, CARPENTER, T.O., WITTEN, BLEDSOE, FLO, NEWMAN, HENRY, GLENN, Etc....

AtlCB

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
there are only 2 elite players on this team, TO and Roy

I think putting guys like newman, witten, flo, vandy, bledsoe, etc... are making the "elite" wayyy to generous. although they are all very good players, they are not impact players week in and week out.

Think about it...who would you rather have to win right now at TE

gates, gonzales...
and then there are handful at witten's level ie mcmichael, shockey, cooley

at cb i love newman dont get me wrong, but he doesnt have the numbers to show me elite status. until he becomes a game breaker type guy he cant be elite
I have to disagree. Witten is in the top 3 for TE's. He is a game changer. His numbers have been consistantly near the top of the league for TE's. Newman is also elite. It is difficult to have a lot of int's when no one throws to the receiver that you are covering. Newman is easily one of the top 5 CB's in the league.

Reaction score
kartr said:
Bledsoe lost as many as he won, which is not the sign of a good qb, let alone elite. Farve would have won the first Commander game, the Raider game, the Seattle game and the Denver game and the second Giant game with all the talent we had.

Have you lost your mind? "All the talent we had"??????? We had: a mediocre running back who missed half the season, two aging wide receivers, and an aging offensive line that had 2 rookies on it by mid season. Also, don't forget that the defense and special teams lost at least 3 games all by themselves.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
kartr said:
If we had a kicker 4 of those 5 games we win

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Jason Witten
Roy WIlliams
Terrence Newman
Mike Vanderjagt
TO

2nd-tier

Drew Bledsoe
Anthony Henry

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
3. Terence Newman- This one is debatable

I don't see how it is, Newman allowed 0, zippo, nadda TDs last year, that's elite

don't agree with you putting Ware on there, potential or not, he's still not elite, but soon will be

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Funxva said:
Aaron Glenn is elite at his position I think which is Nickle Corner. He got burned twice last year (Maybe more) but he was also instrumental in victories throughout the season.

that's an interesting point, good call

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Future 585 said:
there are only 2 elite players on this team, TO and Roy

I think putting guys like newman, witten, flo, vandy, bledsoe, etc... are making the "elite" wayyy to generous. although they are all very good players, they are not impact players week in and week out.

Vandy is the most accurate kicker in NFL history, that's elite, that's impact

Newman allowed 0 TDs, that's elite, that's impact

Witten had one of the best years ever for a TE in '04, that's elite, that's impact

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
kartr said:

that's better than winning 0 games for your team

Bizwah

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

Witten had one of the best years ever for a TE in '04, that's elite, that's impact

Another thing to remember about Newman.....

He didn't commit one PI all of last year. He wasn't even flagged for one that was declined.

At least that's what Adam said I think.....I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I can remember him saying something like that.

Elite players:
Roy
TO
Newman

Very good players:
Witten
Adams
Glenn

Good players:
Bledsoe
Ware
Henry

Potential Impact players:
Julius Jones
Chris Canty
Marcus Spears
Bradie James

sbneff

Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
Bledstudsoe.

Hello people, the guy is in the top 20 ALL TIME in virtually every passing category, top 10 in several. He threw for the 2nd most yards in Cowboy's history last year. He threw for the most TD's since Aikman in 1992. He produced 5 fourth quarter come from behind wins last year -- 5 times last year the Cowboys were losing in the 4th quarter and went on to win the game -- that's huge.

He is an elite player who had the misfortune of losing his job to the best QB in the league then had the further misfortune of being sent to the biggest joke of a franchise in the NFL in Buffalo (still put up probowl #s one season there!). Now that Bledsoe has a legit #1 receiver to throw to he is going to shut up all the critics.
Elite players don't finish in the middle of the pack or at the bottom of the barrel when compared to his peers. Would you like me to post where he finished among the league's QB's in the last 10-years?

I thought you said Brady is ONLY a system QB? Now he's the best, oh I understand, you're using him to make Bledstud's benching sound better. Well, we all know (in NE) that Bledsoe was on the way to being benched; his injury only expedited the inevitable.

sbneff

Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
Have you lost your mind? "All the talent we had"??????? We had: a mediocre running back who missed half the season, two aging wide receivers, and an aging offensive line that had 2 rookies on it by mid season. Also, don't forget that the defense and special teams lost at least 3 games all by themselves.
Along with a mediocre QB - would you like me to post his stats over his entire career, and then we'll compare them to all the other QB's in the league. It will only confirm the assertion, but you already know that.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
I only see 2, maybe three on the team.

TNewm - best in the game.

el dorado. - Oh you dont know how it pains me to say this, but hes the best in the game too.

You can make a case for the kicker guy. I personally consider a kicker a saftey net and with a better offense and/or defense a kickers value is not nearly as magnified. But hes the best at that position and thats gotta account for something. So like I say, depending on how you look at it, 2 to 3 elite players on the boys.

I would like to say Witten, but Gates is just as good. Others are notably good as well, you could say 'arguably the best' for the Wittens, Roys and Flos of the team. But Tnewm and el dorado are the only true 'elite' players on the team for now.

ghst187

Reaction score
I don't know about elite players but I definitely consider myself an elite poster...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

but vandy missed the only kick that ever really mattered for him...

newman maybe i will give you but the lack of INTs means hes not a game changer

Witten wasnt elite that year...he was 2nd in catches to gonzalez, and 3rd in TDs to gonzalez and gates. those are the two elite receivers, by far. witten is just a notch below them