Our RB situation

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It needs to desperately get resolved today. I think the CB pick in round 1 was excellent. It translates to a huge middle finger up to that Claiborne guy. Excellent in every respect. I do wonder if we made any attempts to move up for Gurley or Gordon. Guess we'll know when it's all said & done.

TJ Yeldon?
Tevin Coleman?
Jay Ajayi?

OR

Perhaps when the lights shine on our second rounder tonight, we see the words TRADE hit the screen.

Who would you go with out of those three if you were making the decision on the RB that will bolster our backfield this year?

I'm thinking RB in the 2nd, DL in the 3rd, and QB in the 4th.

Good morning!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It will get addressed today. I think we are in a great position to get a nice one in the second which I think we do unless Gregory keeps falling then they might take a shot on him

erod

Reaction score
I want Coleman, but I'd bet he goes early. I'm thinking they get Ajayi or Duke Johnson in the 3rd round tonight.

(Unless they trade one of those picks for Peterson.)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Only backs I'm interested in for the rest of the draft is Yeldon, David Johnson, and Mike Davis.

If not just role with what we have or trade for a vet on their rookie deal or playing on a cheap contract.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What's the difference between starting Ryan Williams or, say, Tevin Coleman.

Williams was a 2nd round pick who has been slowed by injuries more than anything. Any guy we draft will be a bigger question mark than he is, and Williams has as much talent as a pure runner as any guy we'll get moving forward.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
If he is there and there isn't a better value pick, I would like to see Tevin Coleman. The biggest thing I like about him was that the more carries he got year over year, his YPC still increased.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It will get addressed today. I think we are in a great position to get a nice one in the second which I think we do unless Gregory keeps falling then they might take a shot on him

I actually think they pass on RB today. I'm expecting DL and OL today. f they acquire an additional pick by trading down, they will add a RB.

erod

Reaction score
Exactly. Is anyone paying attention? We dominated with our run game last year and now we are just going to wing it with DMF and company? What?

While I agree with you, I am intrigued to see McFadden on a real team.

Nation

Reaction score
Darren McFadden is not in the plans for any sort of starting running back crowd. People thinking that are getting lost in the approach of "fantasy football names" as he's in here to be a clear backup. If it's not a rookie draft pick, it is Ryan Williams.

erod

Reaction score
What's the difference between starting Ryan Williams or, say, Tevin Coleman.

Williams was a 2nd round pick who has been slowed by injuries more than anything. Any guy we draft will be a bigger question mark than he is, and Williams has as much talent as a pure runner as any guy we'll get moving forward.

And McFadden was a top 10 pick.

erod

Reaction score
Only backs I'm interested in for the rest of the draft is Yeldon, David Johnson, and Mike Davis.

If not just role with what we have or trade for a vet on their rookie deal or playing on a cheap contract.

David Johnson is an interesting guy to watch. Under the radar guy from a smaller school.

Remember, guys like Alfred Morris and Arian Foster (both undrafted) are always out there.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Exactly. Is anyone paying attention? We dominated with our run game last year and now we are just going to wing it with DMF and company? What?

This is terrifying. But there really was no better option at this point in the draft.

John813

Reaction score
While I agree with you, I am intrigued to see McFadden on a real team.

I am too, but I want a couple quality backups behind him. Don't think he will last for all 16 games.

Would like a RB to be drafted tonight, depending who is still on the board.

links18

Reaction score

This right here.......something has to be in the works, right?