Our RB situation

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
And Joesph Randle can't pass protect either. I understand all the talk about Dallas' line allowing any reasonably talented back to succeed, but if McFadden gets hurt we're back to the 8-8 clubhouse. The Cowboys have to get a good all-around back tonight....I hope.

Thus the reason why Randle was taken out quite a bit during passing downs.

We can't survive with McFadden as our feature back. I think the Cowboys know that and I hope they do.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It's kind of scary.. last year we thought the team would be lucky to get to 8-8 and due to the offensive line upgrades and run game by Murray we were a good team getting to 12-4. Now, a lot of fans think we will be good this year and it doesn't matter who we have back there at RB. I hope they are right but I fear otherwise.

I agree with you.I admit last summer I was bitter. I had been saying for years that the Cowboys needed to run the ball in order to be more successful. and lo and behold they did.I got giddy. lol Even the way they lost the playoff game couldn't dampen my spirit. I didn't want Murray to go but once he did I was sure that the organization didn't think that any scrub could run behind our line. We were successful last year because of the OL and the RB. They go hand in hand. I hope they upgrade the position tonight.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Murray averaged 5 yards a carry even before we had a dominant oline. This thought that it was all because of our oline was the sole reason Murray succeeded is nothing more than a fallacy.

so did Troy Hambrick, julius Jones, and M,Barber,...so Running back makes the Oline or the other way round??

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
They need to go get Coleman. We have an amazing line and we are not going to take advantage of it by putting a solid runner back there? Doesn't make sense to me. I know all of our running backs here really well.. none of these guys are starters.

You nailed it sqaurely. Best hammering job in a long time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No RB will be drafted today by the Cowboys. It's not a need.

rpntex

Reaction score
Murray averaged 5 yards a carry even before we had a dominant oline. This thought that it was all because of our oline was the sole reason Murray succeeded is nothing more than a fallacy.

While I agree that the OL was not the SOLE reason for DM's success last season, I think your take on the OL from 2013 - when Murray also averaghed 5+ YPC - is a little misleading. The only difference between '13 and '14 is Zack Martin. That's a significant difference, I grant you, but the Murray ran behind in 2013 was still pretty darn good.

ICP

Reaction score
As happy as I am with the draft so far to me the RB situation is getting bleaker by the minute. The only RB's worth drafting that are left are Ajayi and Coleman (In my opinion). If they end up with Puke Johnson and Mcinjury as their RB tandem they better be prepared to pass ALOT!

Alweezy

Reaction score
At this point we're not going to get anyone that's going to replace DM so why even waste the value pick on RB at this point?

I almost want them to just keep picking up defensive pieces, and get the D as close to competent as we can. Then, maybe we won't need a HOF run game to keep them from being exposed.

coult44

Reaction score
It needs to desperately get resolved today. I think the CB pick in round 1 was excellent. It translates to a huge middle finger up to that Claiborne guy. Excellent in every respect. I do wonder if we made any attempts to move up for Gurley or Gordon. Guess we'll know when it's all said & done.

TJ Yeldon?
Tevin Coleman?
Jay Ajayi?

OR

Perhaps when the lights shine on our second rounder tonight, we see the words TRADE hit the screen.

Who would you go with out of those three if you were making the decision on the RB that will bolster our backfield this year?

I'm thinking RB in the 2nd, DL in the 3rd, and QB in the 4th.

Good morning!

Y'all have to understand something. Either one, the FO feels good about Run DMC and dummy. Or two, we are getting AD.

Other than Gordon, there isn't a guy in the first three rounds who is better than anyone on our roster...

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
You're a genius

Jerry has no filter and all but told us how their draft will unfold during the pre-draft presser a few days ago. Jerry is honest to a fault with the media. He said they would go heavy on defense early and focus on OL sooner than expected. He also said they weren't too concerned about drafting a RB early. I read that comment as, if we don't luck into Gurley or Gordon in the 1st, we'll wait until the 3rd or 4th.