Our slumping QB

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Who wouldn't, but would you be happier if they squeaked out the win instead? There are actually things to smile about here.

There isn't - we beat up a team with an awful defense (bad pass defense, bad run defense) and a bad offense now on their backup QB.

Again, maybe I'd celebrate if we had a cupcake schedule ahead. Except we don't. We have shown we can't beat good teams - we've lost all three. It just gets tougher from here.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
There isn't - we beat up a team with an awful defense (bad pass defense, bad run defense) and a bad offense now on their backup QB.

Again, maybe I'd celebrate if we had a cupcake schedule ahead. Except we don't. We have shown we can't beat good teams - we've lost all three. It just gets tougher from here.

Alright then if we beat the Skins next week you'll give Dak and the team credit right?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm glad I'm not you.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's directed at Romo fanboys who refuse to give credit to Dak for anything and will only look at the negative plays that he makes to prove your point.

I haven't seen many posts here stemming from Romo love when it comes to criticizing Dak. Can you point it out?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm always honest. More honest than most here - If I was never honest, I'd be spewing the same fanboyish crap we see constantly.

Again, are you seriously going to look back at this game as memorable? This game was forgettable. Games that will be memorable?

Commanders
Chiefs
Falcons
Eagles
Commanders again
Raiders
Seahawks
Eagles again

That's all the quality teams we have coming up. Go ahead and celebrate this win, I'm looking ahead and still worried about this defense going forward. I am also not buying into our offensive line.

Do I think this is an elite team?

Nope.

But the whole thing isn't trash Matt.

There are guys I'd jettison in a NY minute.

But there are some good players on this team too.

A little even-handedness can go a long way.

black label

Reaction score
I keep saying I wouldn't trade Dak for any QB in the league.. Not even Rodgers. He will be special.
huh.gif

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Alright then if we beat the Skins next week you'll give Dak and the team credit right?

No, I want to see consistent wins. So before people come in with "callouts" and mentioning me - a single win against the Skins next week = playoffs.

Do you see our schedule the next few weeks? I would say we probably have the toughest schedule in the league going forward. It's going to be that tough, with only the Chargers and Giants looking to be semi-winnable games.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2 things people gotta realize when discussing Dak.

1) You cant expect QB's in there early 20's to be perfect. They are going to have pronounced weakness that take years to sand away. QB's dont really hit there prime until their late 20's early 30's.

2) QB's can improve the team around them, but they cant play every postion. Just like with Romo there is only so much you can do to put the W in the win column

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Kill it killer. I like consistency. It replaces surprise.

blindzebra

Reaction score
No, I want to see consistent wins. So before people come in with "callouts" and mentioning me - a single win against the Skins next week = playoffs.

Do you see our schedule the next few weeks? I would say we probably have the toughest schedule in the league going forward. It's going to be that tough, with only the Chargers and Giants looking to be semi-winnable games.
Classic goal post moving.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I'm always honest. More honest than most here - If I was never honest, I'd be spewing the same fanboyish crap we see constantly.

Again, are you seriously going to look back at this game as memorable? This game was forgettable. Games that will be memorable?

Commanders
Chiefs
Falcons
Eagles
Commanders again
Raiders
Seahawks
Eagles again

That's all the quality teams we have coming up. Go ahead and celebrate this win, I'm looking ahead and still worried about this defense going forward. I am also not buying into our offensive line.

Only if we lose. If we win, then the game wasn't significant in your eyes. You're a one trick pony. Same story.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Most impressive is always his steadiness.
First two passes get batted down, and he was under tremendous pressure on every drop back early in the game...stunts, blitzes, he was getting hit a lot and rushed more, but he maintained his cool, moved around, threw away passes to avoid sacks, and hit big plays till they had to back off.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

The Skins were lucky to beat them last week.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score

so what is your point then? if we struggle against anyone in the next coming 10 games, we wanna hear no more "Dak sucks" or whatever destructive criticism it is that is unnaturally unfair because hey you yourself said they are all quality opponents are toughest in the league. Fair enough? I mean you cant have it both ways now.