Our slumping QB

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You've devolved into a caricature at this point. You should step back, take a few deep breaths, and consider your presence here. You were a good poster before but you've allowed this Dak vendetta to cloud your vision so much that you've removed your joy from the equation and now seem to only watch games with your wheel spinning looking for the next opportunity to grind that axe.

I'm not just criticizing Dak, I'm criticizing the entire team.

Let me put it this way: I have bigger issues with how we went about fixing this secondary than I do Dak. I just don't praise Dak on the level you guys want, I think if we want to win games with him, we'll need a true stout defense since he has yet to prove he can shred good defenses. Actually, his numbers seem to go down significantly when he plays them.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: mattjames is a troll. Always has been, always will be.
You've devolved into a caricature at this point. You should step back, take a few deep breaths, and consider your presence here. You were a good poster before but you've allowed this Dak vendetta to cloud your vision so much that you've removed your joy from the equation and now seem to only watch games with your wheel spinning looking for the next opportunity to grind that axe.
To the Pit of Misery with him! Dilly, Dilly!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Let me put it this way: I have bigger issues with how we went about fixing this secondary than I do Dak. I just don't praise Dak on the level you guys want, I think if we want to win games with him, we'll need a true stout defense since he has yet to prove he can shred good defenses. Actually, his numbers seem to go down significantly when he plays them.
Youre a funny guy! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Really short sample size obviously applies here, opponents struggling regardless of your defensive play make a big difference with how few games have happened. E.g., you can pick out 1/3 of Dallas games so far where they've given up 10 or fewer points, nobody's calling them a slightly below average defense.
Not picking out anything. That's all 28 games played by those four teams.

And if this sample is too small to draw any conclusions from, then how did you decide that they're "really bad" defenses?

haleyrules

Reaction score
We just beat the living crap out of a team we were supposed to beat the living crap out of, and won by 30 points.

So all the people poised to whine about how bad our QB and our team is this year have to find something to whine about.

If this game had been anything but the huge blowout it was, they'd be carping about that.
Yeah. What more could the fans ask for!!

HungryLion

Reaction score

This is one of the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen in my life.

Of course Dak’s numbers seem to go down when he plays good defenses. Every QB in the leagues numbers go down when playing good defenses. That is what makes them good defenses.

If quarterbacks across the league are shredding a defense, then they aren’t good.

Good lord are you foolish.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Of course Dak’s numbers seem to go down when he plays good defenses. Every QB in the leagues numbers go down when playing good defenses. That is what makes them good defenses.

If quarterbacks across the league are shredding a defense, then they aren’t good.

:clap::hammer:

Gator88

Reaction score
Not picking out anything. That's all 28 games played by those four teams.

And if this sample is too small to draw any conclusions from, then how did you decide that they're "really bad" defenses?
Mainly compare last year and judge additions. I did go back for GB and SF, and I saw quite the lacking offenses played against each team. Only Atlanta and NO for GB and Washington and LA for SF were anything better than average. All of which were losses and half of which put up more points than Dallas did.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

His numbers don't just go down, they SIGNIFICANTLY go down. As in yards, pass percentage, YPA.

You might want to keep up.

HungryLion

Reaction score
His numbers don't just go down, they SIGNIFICANTLY go down. As in yards, pass percentage, YPA.

You might want to keep up.

Your words mean nothing without proof. Like comparing Dak’s performance against specific defenses, against the performance of other QB’s versus the same defenses.

The guy is near the top of the league in QBR. He was last year too. Last I checked the other QB’s also play against both poor and good defenses.

So again, your point is foolish.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't think I have seen much criticism against Dak over the last 3 weeks so I am not sure what this thread is about. Still bringing up his rough early games?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your words mean nothing without proof. Like comparing Dak’s performance against specific defenses, against the performance of other QB’s versus the same defenses.

The guy is near the top of the league in QBR. He was last year too. Last I checked the other QB’s also play against both poor and good defenses.

So again, your point is foolish.

Last season, the best defenses we faced

Giants twice

Below 60% completion, 4.5 YPA, 2 INTs, and a very low QB rating

Philly - 48.7% completion with a 79.8% QB rating

Minny - He only had 12 passes, had 166 yards and a good chunk of those came on a throw to Dez. Anyone who watched that game knows he didn't play well.

This season, we had the Giants and Broncos. I cut Dak slack for the opener, QBs usually aren't that settled in yet. But we all know the story of the Broncos game.

Daks best game against a solid D was last year against the Ravens. Against good defenses, Dak's accuracy becomes a serious problem.

bud914

Reaction score
th

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
It doesn't matter - suddenly, every time we face a team, they are considered top tier.

You point out who we are beating, and you get bombarded with excuses and ad-homs.

Don't forget.... The "teams always get up to play Dallas" spiel that many use.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Last season, the best defenses we faced

Giants twice

Below 60% completion, 4.5 YPA, 2 INTs, and a very low QB rating

Philly - 48.7% completion with a 79.8% QB rating

Minny - He only had 12 passes, had 166 yards and a good chunk of those came on a throw to Dez. Anyone who watched that game knows he didn't play well.

This season, we had the Giants and Broncos. I cut Dak slack for the opener, QBs usually aren't that settled in yet. But we all know the story of the Broncos game.

Daks best game against a solid D was last year against the Ravens. Against good defenses, Dak's accuracy becomes a serious problem.

Your post proves nothing because it doesn’t show other QB’s numbers against those same defenses.

That giants defense made many QB’s look bad last year. So did the Vikings defense.

The broncos defense has made Tom Brady look bad before.

So again, your argument is fruitless. Even the BEST QB’s in the league, have bad games against good defenses. It happens to all of them.