Our slumping QB

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Again, I'm in for $50 to start up a message board for Romonlys to congregate and talk about how awesome he is and how terrible Dak is.

It'll be the best $50 I ever spent.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Tbh, you bring up Romo more than anybody else from what I've seen.

Since it's not so obvious to you, I've been mocking all the "Romo woulda been better" noise that's been prevalent since Dak took over last season.

All you have to do is open your eyes to this thread, and you should understand why.

But, to be fair, only MattJames is featured here today, although I'm sure we'll get a Post Game report with the obligatory backhanded praise of Dak any second now.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last season, the best defenses we faced

Giants twice

Below 60% completion, 4.5 YPA, 2 INTs, and a very low QB rating

Philly - 48.7% completion with a 79.8% QB rating

Minny - He only had 12 passes, had 166 yards and a good chunk of those came on a throw to Dez. Anyone who watched that game knows he didn't play well.

This season, we had the Giants and Broncos. I cut Dak slack for the opener, QBs usually aren't that settled in yet. But we all know the story of the Broncos game.

Daks best game against a solid D was last year against the Ravens. Against good defenses, Dak's accuracy becomes a serious problem.
Yawn....you're going from funny to a boring risen wannabee. Night, night

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Again, I'm in for $50 to start up a message board for Romonlys to congregate and talk about how awesome he is and how terrible Dak is.

It'll be the best $50 I ever spent.
Then pay me $50 to be the official turd-in-the-punch-bowl and I'll turn everything into a bloodbath.
An entertaining bloodbath!
One Caveat though: I have free reign.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your post proves nothing because it doesn’t show other QB’s numbers against those same defenses.

That giants defense made many QB’s look bad last year. So did the Vikings defense.

The broncos defense has made Tom Brady look bad before.

So again, your argument is fruitless. Even the BEST QB’s in the league, have bad games against good defenses. It happens to all of them.

LOL this is ridiculous.

Yeah dude, I'm sure each one of those teams (even Eagles), KEPT EVERY QB BELOW 60% PASSING AND BELOW AN 80 QBR. Haha, holy crap. He wasn't facing the 85 Bears.

Dak simply hasn't played at a high level against good/great defenses. And this year, he hasn't really faced a good defense. I'd say most were below average to bad, while only two were good/great.

As for other QBs against Denver this year

Tyrod Taylor - 76%, 8.2 average, 2 TDs, 126.0 QBR

Philip Rivers - 57.7%, 183 yards, 2 TDs, 105.1 QBR

Even Eli had one of his better games, QBR wise, but his throw attempts were so low it's not really bothering to bring up.

Derek Carr went out of the game early against them, but had a 100 rating, and 7.9 yards a pass attempt.

Dak simply performed worse than any of them against that Broncos D.

Last edited:

bud914

Reaction score
th

th

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2::huh:U
LOL this is ridiculous.

Yeah dude, I'm sure each one of those teams (even Eagles), KEPT EVERY QB BELOW 60% PASSING AND BELOW AN 80 QBR. Haha, holy crap. He wasn't facing the 85 Bears.

Dak simply hasn't played at a high level against good/great defenses. And this year, he hasn't really faced a good defense. I'd say most were below average to bad, while only two were good/great.
:lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
What happens if Dak outplays Wentz when the Cowboys play the Eagles? Eagles have a good Defense, so I'm sure that there will still be some complaints if we manage to either split with or sweep the Eagles. :laugh:

HungryLion

Reaction score
LOL this is ridiculous.

I never said that. Your reading comprehension is just as poor as your football IQ.

You mentioned the eagles again. Dak started out rough against the eagles but then put the smack down on them in the 4th quarter and OT when it counted most.

The fact is, Dak’s overall numbers rival the best QB’s in football and all of the QB’s have to play against both good and bad defenses.

You’re making yourself look foolish to everybody on the board.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Since it's not so obvious to you, I've been mocking all the "Romo woulda been better" noise that's been prevalent since Dak took over last season.

All you have to do is open your eyes to this thread, and you should understand why.

But, to be fair, only MattJames is featured here today, although I'm sure we'll get a Post Game report with the obligatory backhanded praise of Dak any second now.

I see this nowhere. I see almost no posts made like this, and if it happens, it's so rare that you harping on about it is ridiculous.

weaver21

Reaction score

No offense man, but you bring up Romo all the time when one of these threads opens up. I was a huge Romo fan and always will be, but the guy is retired and has moved on from the team. There's no reason to keep bringing him up all the time. To be perfectly honest, I've hardly seen anyone bashing Dak to hype up Tony. If there has been, it hasn't been much.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I never said that. Your reading comprehension is just as poor as your football IQ.

You mentioned the eagles again. Dak started out rough against the eagles but then put the smack down on them in the 4th quarter and OT when it counted most.

The fact is, Dak’s overall numbers rival the best QB’s in football and all of the QB’s have to play against both good and bad defenses.

You’re making yourself look foolish to everybody on the board.

So what the hell is your point, Dak played at a lower level QB wise than most of the QBs that faced those defenses? I just updated my post to show you how every other QB that faced the Broncos D played. I'll copy and paste

Even Eli had one of his better games, QBR wise, but his throw attempts were so low it's not really bothering to bring up.

Derek Carr went out of the game early against them, but had a 100 rating, and 7.9 yards a pass attempt.

Let's compare it to Dak's stats

He had 50 passing attempts, averaged 4.8 yards a pass, 2 INTs, and a 68.6 rating

Try again.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
LOL this is ridiculous.

Dak simply performed worse than any of them against that Broncos D.
Would it be fair to say... you no likey da Dakey?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
No offense man, but you bring up Romo all the time when one of these threads opens up. I was a huge Romo fan and always will be, but the guy is retired and has moved on from the team. There's no reason to keep bringing him up all the time. To be perfectly honest, I've hardly seen anyone bashing Dak to hype up Tony. If there has been, it hasn't been much.

Dude…I'm a HUGE Dak fan.

Considering how we acquired him, I think he's been great, so all's good with me.

And, I'm aware that Romo's moved on. Perhaps you should tell some of the others.