Our slumping QB

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Dude…I'm a HUGE Dak fan.

Considering how we acquired him, I think he's been great, so all's good with me.

And, I'm aware that Romo's moved on. Perhaps you should tell some of the others.

You've moved on, yet, you keep bringing him up... Lol...

bud914

Reaction score
well off to bed, i have to get a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow.

should be less painful than reading this thread which also robbed me of some wisdom....

Kevinicus

Reaction score
LOL at yourself.

The rate that WR's have passes go thru their hands and end up being intercepted is way less than the dropped INT's from defenders.

And even if you want to stop the 'excuses', he's on pace for a whopping 10 INT"s this season and 3 fumbles.

YR

I think you're making up this stat.

And guys don't typically have all that many dropped INTs by the defenders. Tipped INTs are quite common.

This is just something Dak needs to work on. He's been extremely fortunate in this regard, but you're trying to act like he's had bad luck.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Nope, you made the initial claim. Post 2-3 probable interceptions per game. I will admit Dak had accuracy issues early on but this idea that DBs drop more of his passes than other QBs is......... hyperbole.

You made the claim it's hyperbole. Can you back it up?

If you want to say you're not sure about my claim, that's fine. But if you're going to make a counter claim, please don't go on about evidence if you're not providing any yourself.
I don't have access (nor the time) to go back and find all the plays. I admit I'm going off of memory. I've certainly made posts about it after/during individual games though.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
So what the hell is your point, Dak played at a lower level QB wise than most of the QBs that faced those defenses? I just updated my post to show you how every other QB that faced the Broncos D played. I'll copy and paste

As for other QBs against Denver this year

Tyrod Taylor - 76%, 8.2 average, 2 TDs, 126.0 QBR

Philip Rivers - 57.7%, 183 yards, 2 TDs, 105.1 QBR

Even Eli had one of his better games, QBR wise, but his throw attempts were so low it's not really bothering to bring up.

Derek Carr went out of the game early against them, but had a 100 rating, and 7.9 yards a pass attempt.

Let's compare it to Dak's stats

He had 50 passing attempts, averaged 4.8 yards a pass, 2 INTs, and a 68.6 rating

Try again.

Love it. Keep preaching the truth brother. I don't know how you haven't been signed by an NFL front office yet.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think you're making up this stat.

And guys don't typically have all that many dropped INTs by the defenders. Tipped INTs are quite common.

This is just something Dak needs to work on. He's been extremely fortunate in this regard, but you're trying to act like he's had bad luck.

Defenders are usually defenders for a reason...they can't catch.

Wide Receivers are usually WR's for a reason...they can catch. If they can't, they don't keep their job for long.

Defenders that drop passes still keep their job if they are good at covering, tackling, etc.

If you don't see how defenders are far more likely to drop a pass that should be an INT versus a WR that gets hit in the hands (not a tip) that ends up being an INT, then we have little to talk about as you're being obtuse and willfully ignorant.

YR

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
What is funny is that if you go look at the stats, the only one that Dak is a league leader in is TD passes. Almost all the other main stats, he is middle of the pack or worse. YPA, yards, comp %...it was actually kind of stunning.

pete026

Reaction score
You made the claim it's hyperbole. Can you back it up?

If you want to say you're not sure about my claim, that's fine. But if you're going to make a counter claim, please don't go on about evidence if you're not providing any yourself.
I don't have access (nor the time) to go back and find all the plays. I admit I'm going off of memory. I've certainly made posts about it after/during individual games though.
In other words, it didn't happen.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
So what the hell is your point, Dak played at a lower level QB wise than most of the QBs that faced those defenses? I just updated my post to show you how every other QB that faced the Broncos D played. I'll copy and paste

As for other QBs against Denver this year

Tyrod Taylor - 76%, 8.2 average, 2 TDs, 126.0 QBR

Philip Rivers - 57.7%, 183 yards, 2 TDs, 105.1 QBR

Even Eli had one of his better games, QBR wise, but his throw attempts were so low it's not really bothering to bring up.

Derek Carr went out of the game early against them, but had a 100 rating, and 7.9 yards a pass attempt.

Let's compare it to Dak's stats

He had 50 passing attempts, averaged 4.8 yards a pass, 2 INTs, and a 68.6 rating

Try again.

Why are you here ARGUING and COMPLAINING with Cowboys fans tonight? We just won a game convincingly where pretty much the entire team looked good. I don't get the agenda? What do you want?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Defenders are usually defenders for a reason...they can't catch.

Wide Receivers are usually WR's for a reason...they can catch. If they can't, they don't keep their job for long.

Defenders that drop passes still keep their job if they are good at covering, tackling, etc.

If you don't see how defenders are far more likely to drop a pass that should be an INT versus a WR that gets hit in the hands (not a tip) that ends up being an INT, then we have little to talk about as you're being obtuse and willfully ignorant.

YR

And now you're just implying that I'm saying things that I'm not and trying to say I'm ignorant. Nice straw man.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
well off to bed, i have to get a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow.

should be less painful than reading this thread which also robbed me of some wisdom....
But... you did read my posts right? I did post here, on this thread... yes?
I mean: reading a post of mine adds 6 IQ points on the permanent, by average. 1 to 2 points differential apply, either way...
There's been studies...