Our team can win the Super Bowl if the O line plays up to it’s potential

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
...Cap43, ... common sense meaning. Use Dak with RPO's, keepers, sneaks..etc. Dak is big dude with legs. Cant just stand there sitting as target.
They started to move the pocket vs KC and they tried getting the ball out quickly. KC was waiting for the quick passes and screens. What most fans don’t seem to realize when an offense throws the ball quickly a good defense plays tight coverage at the snap knowing the ball is probably coming out quickly. Throwing slants and other quick passes is difficult when the defense is waiting for them.

I do agree they need to take advantage of Dak’s size and strength more. They are probably protecting him a little due to his recent injury.

That being said, the offense has been moving the ball extremely well and scoring points, when the O line plays at least adequate.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
What this team needs is some praise for every outcome, good or bad and I heard a guy who love clapping for the hell of it just became available :laugh:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Protection and being able to open holes for the run game is absolutely the key to getting back on track. When this offense has struggled it's typically because of poor blocking, Moore abandoning the run, and Dak having to rush throws because of it.

Dak will be fine, if the first 2 are short lived. If not no QB will thrive under constant duress.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Protection and being able to open holes for the run game is absolutely the key to getting back on track. When this offense has struggled it's typically because of poor blocking, Moore abandoning the run, and Dak having to rush throws because of it.

Dak will be fine, if the first 2 are short lived. If not no QB will thrive under constant duress.
This year will come down to the O line.

Who would have thought that at the beginning of the year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Enough already!!!!
All you're doing here with your massive DAK CRUSH is posting lengthy theories and excuses so the masses here look away from the real issue......Daks ineptness against teams that have good defenses!!!
Dude,
he couldn't even score a TD OMG......
LET IT BE JEEZ.......He is paid a zillion cap dollars and we are getting 10 cents on the dollar, performance-wise!!!
SHUT IT, POOPSIE!!!! You're stinking up the forum once again. Sheesh!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The bad news: 27 pressures allowed by our O line vs KC was pathetic and historically bad. The running game was also stymied vs KC.

The good news: This O line helped Dak pass for the most yards ever vs a Belicheat defense. We were #2 in the league in yards rushing. The potential to be very good vs playoff caliber teams is there.

The analysis: Connor McCovern, La’el Collins and Biadaz should improve with more games played. Tyron Smith should solidify the most important O line position, LT. Steele and Williams are solid backups who are capable of starting. Tyron Smith’s ability to stay healthy, and available, is the key to our O line playing up to it’s potential. Our O line doesn’t need to be great, just good. Why? See below.

By the end of the season, when and if healthy, I believe our D will have the potential to shut down the best offenses in the NFL( 14 points per game or LESS)!

Historically, the best Super Bowl winning defenses, had a dominant pass rush( 85 Bears, Steelers of the 70’s, Randy White lead Cowboys, Charles Haley lead Cowboys, Giant teams that beat Brady twice, Denver over Carolina, Seattle over Payton Manning and the Colts).

We could have Parsons( rush from anywhere) and Gregory rushing from the edges with Lawrence and Gallimore/ OSA rushing from the interior!!! Man that is going to be fun to watch!! Can you say POTENTIAL to wreak HAVOC!! All our CB’s are turning into play makers with Diggs showing the way.

FINALLY, I love our coaching staff! Coaching matters a lot. Good Coaches put players in positions, so it is easier to make plays! Our coaches consistently do that. O line still has to execute though.

Can the O line play up to it’s potential? That is my biggest concern.

This post is the answer. Al, other conjecture is whistling past the graveyard. All healthy, block for Dak and the running game, Dallas can beat anyone.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
but, but what about all these other great quarterbacks that dak is better than who has a worse offensive line. I guess when one guy is out and dak sucks, he's still better than the ones who have even worse offensive lines. wow, I just got schooled on homerism.

fansince68

Reaction score
The bad news: 27 pressures allowed by our O line vs KC was pathetic and historically bad. The running game was also stymied vs KC.

The good news: This O line helped Dak pass for the most yards ever vs a Belicheat defense. We were #2 in the league in yards rushing. The potential to be very good vs playoff caliber teams is there.

The analysis: Connor McCovern, La’el Collins and Biadaz should improve with more games played. Tyron Smith should solidify the most important O line position, LT. Steele and Williams are solid backups who are capable of starting. Tyron Smith’s ability to stay healthy, and available, is the key to our O line playing up to it’s potential. Our O line doesn’t need to be great, just good. Why? See below.

By the end of the season, when and if healthy, I believe our D will have the potential to shut down the best offenses in the NFL( 14 points per game or LESS)!

Historically, the best Super Bowl winning defenses, had a dominant pass rush( 85 Bears, Steelers of the 70’s, Randy White lead Cowboys, Charles Haley lead Cowboys, Giant teams that beat Brady twice, Denver over Carolina, Seattle over Payton Manning and the Colts).

We could have Parsons( rush from anywhere) and Gregory rushing from the edges with Lawrence and Gallimore/ OSA rushing from the interior!!! Man that is going to be fun to watch!! Can you say POTENTIAL to wreak HAVOC!! All our CB’s are turning into play makers with Diggs showing the way.

FINALLY, I love our coaching staff! Coaching matters a lot. Good Coaches put players in positions, so it is easier to make plays! Our coaches consistently do that. O line still has to execute though.

Can the O line play up to it’s potential? That is my biggest concern.
I think our o line is playing to their potential. They are injury plagued, older, and over rated.....

Reactions: ICP

ICP

Reaction score
I think our o line is playing to their potential. They are injury plagued, older, and over rated.....
Yeah, this is what I've been thinking. Especially if Tyron is out they seem to turn into a hot mess

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, this is what I've been thinking. Especially if Tyron is out they seem to turn into a hot mess
Yes they sucked vs KC and Denver, but they have been very good in games against good defenses( TB and NE ), so to me, they do have the potential to be a good O line, especially when Biadaz, McCovern, and Collins get a little more playing time. Tyron’s ability to stay healthy is really important too.

The Raiders DE’s will be a big test.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Did those stats win us the KC game?
dude, the whole offensive line was out, oops that was when dalton played and won games with scrubs. nobody expects dak to win with one guy out. you saw it in the past and you will see it in the future. we beat the Raiders and the glee full dak groupies will be singing the praise like always. mvp rudy.. you can do it. unless you are one offensive lineman down. :(:popcorn:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You lost me when you said you love our coaching staff. If that's what you're putting your hat on you'll never see a Super Bowl in Dallas:facepalm: