Ousted Seahawks coordinator a magical fit for Cowboys

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Enough With The AARP DC’s. New blood with fresh ideas needed.

Do the AARP candidates work for the Rooney rule?? Oh wait, that's only for Head Coaches.....won't see that change for awhile.....

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Now this is a worthy article .Well done!

While I believe Rod has made the most of Jags we finally are assembling some talent . I’m all for bringing in a fresh outlook. But it probably won’t happen this year.

Good read though !

Should sign both Kris Richard (DC) and Michael Barrow (LB Coach). Seattle jettisoned both when they hired Ken Norton Jr. as DC. Another interesting LB coach candidate is Mike Singletary.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I want a D that can make the stop when it matters the most.
"... The No. 1 motivator (in the NFL) is fear. Fear of maybe letting down your teammates or being embarrassed or chastised or fear of losing your job. Where is the fear in Dallas? There is no fear in Dallas. It's a country club where everybody is buddies." - Jimmy Johnson

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
This guy, along with Ray Horton, could bring to the D.........sign him already

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ed-Seattle-Seahawks-DC-Kris-Richard-113844331

Ousted Seattle Seahawks coordinator a magical fit for Cowboys
If the Cowboys are serious about making their budding defense one of the best in the NFL, they'll pick up the phone.

One team's loss could be a tremendous gain for the Dallas Cowboys.

The Seattle Seahawks opted to part ways with defensive coordinator Kris Richard, one of the more talented coaches in the NFL. As luck would have it, bad or otherwise, the Cowboys are currently grieving the loss of linebackers coach/passing game coordinator Matt Eberflus -- who reportedly declined the team's offer of making him defensive coordinator on his way out the door to take the same post with the Indianapolis Colts. In one fell swoop, the Cowboys are now left to find a new assistant and a future DC, considering Rod Marinelli won't be in the NFL for much longer

In a heart beat. Let's face it, there is a high probability Marinelli retires in 2018. Give Rod his "political plumb job as assistant HC" and let him guide Richard along as the new DC. You get the youth of Richard and the experience of Marinelli for 1 year and rock on in 2019

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Gets credit for Legion of Boom. Earl Thomas is no brainer, but Kam and Sherman were much less regarded. Secondary is big and always hits and tackles.
He inherited all of it.

Granted, this was a shell of the LoB.

Honestly, he has zero on his resume if I am being really critical.

He was handpicked to take over and the Seahawk D took a nosedive under his watch.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
He inherited all of it.

He was handpicked to take over and the Seahawk D took a nosedive under his watch.

Partially thanks to an injury to Bennett and season ending injuries to Chancellor and Sherman and an under-acheiving FA cancer named Richardson

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It would be great to get him here and then bring in Horton to be a secondary coach. You could promise Richards the head coach job if the defense improves but the team does not have overall success and Garrett is let go. Horton would then be promoted to defensive coordinator.

I don't think promising is the way to go, but I am frustrated that his name has not been linked for here. Ideally, if we can make Marenelli the ast. head coach, and have Richards as the defensive coordinator and Horton in the secondary, id think that was more than a net positive

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He inherited all of it.

Not really, he was asst. secondary coach in 2010, Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor's rookie season, and was the secondary coach in Richard Sherman's rookie season in 2011. Willing to bet he was pretty instrumental in their development

Reactions: BAT

khiladi

Reaction score
Horton has been on awful defenses his last four years minimum and he was DC. Bottom five in scoring defenses.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He inherited all of it.

He helped develop LoB, everything else was inherited.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gus Bradley WAS a free agent 2 weeks ago. He would have been better.....