Over reacting or reality setting in?

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
This loss is just another example of how inept this coaching staff is and how bad this defense is. Due to really poor drafting and roster management. We spend all our resources on offense and try the cheap route on defense and hope for the best. Terrible strategy. Over paying for 2 subpar WRs in Dez and TWill who can't catch a cold.

Reality is that we are dependent on a handful of players and without them, we are one of the worst teams in football. As displayed the last 2 games.

The D played well. The O couln't muster a first down in the second.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Laughing at you saying you're not overreacting at all, and then immediately overreacting.

I’m laughing at you thinking that at 5-5 with no LT, MLB and RB and no coaching to cover up those definiciences thinking that doesn’t deserve a reaction.

And a QB playing like dog **** and WR’s not knowing how to get open. Want more stuff or does that do???

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m laughing at you thinking that at 5-5 with no LT, MLB and RB and no coaching to cover up those definiciences thinking that doesn’t deserve a reaction.

And a QB playing like dog **** and WR’s not knowing how to get open. Want more stuff or does that do???

Give as much as you've got if it's cathartic for you. It won't change anything. We'll get the players back and we've got a run of beatable teams. I'll wait to see what happens. The Giants, Raiders, and Skins all look beatable to me with Lee and Tyron back. We'll see what happens. If we're 8-6 when Elliott gets back, too. If it breaks that 10-6 won't get us in, so be it. But like I said, it's not over until we get that 7th loss.

bodi

Reaction score
It's worse for people tonight because many are now realizing we haven't found our franchise QB - that was giving people hope. Now we may have to go back to looking for one, and they are remembering the dark age the Cowboys went through.

Never viewed Dak as a franchise guy, and he's even worse now than I thought he'd be.[/QUOTE ]

have to agree with you

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Give as much as you've got if it's cathartic for you. It won't change anything. We'll get the players back and we've got a run of beatable teams. I'll wait to see what happens. The Giants, Raiders, and Skins all look beatable to me with Lee and Tyron back. We'll see what happens. If we're 8-6 when Elliott gets back, too. If it breaks that 10-6 won't get us in, so be it. But like I said, it's not over until we get that 7th loss.

I appreciate that outlook but nothing about this team makes me believe we’ll get close to that. Just don’t treat me like I’m crazy after a 27-7 loss and a 37-9 loss at HOME.

Verdict

Reaction score
Overreacting, of course.

We knew this was going to be a bad loss going in. I was surprised it was close for a half after the interceptions.

I'm generally pretty optimistic. I can't remember another season in all my years as a Cowboys fan that I have been more frustrated with this season (not just the team). The NFL has really ****ed us with the Zeke suspension and there's nothing we can do about it.

There are so many things that we as fans see and talk about on this board weekly and the coaching staff doesn't seem to see it. It's like the 1 Tech. We all know we need one, but Marinelli stubbornly refuses to get a real 1 Tech.

I love the Cowboys. I live for the season. But the NFL suspending Zeke was a gut punch to this franchise. We have been through the Green Bay catch/no catch twice. 6 games without a holding call against the opposing offensive line. It's obvious that bias exists.

Why in the world do we keep players who we don't seem to want to play (McFadden). Why do we let guys like Witten call their own shots 5 years past their prime? Why do we force the ball to a guy who only catches 50 percent of his passes to pacify him to the detriment of the club? So many things to be pissed about.

Zman5

Reaction score
Overreacting, of course.

We knew this was going to be a bad loss going in. I was surprised it was close for a half after the interceptions.

Most people thought we would lose but not get raped like we did. Most thought we would lose by 7-10 points. Some in the media even picked us to win.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
There are so many things that we as fans see and talk about on this board weekly and the coaching staff doesn't seem to see it. It's like the 1 Tech. We all know we need one, but Marinelli stubbornly refuses to get a real 1 Tech.

Don't get me started on that need

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most people thought we would lose but not get raped like we did. Most thought we would lose by 7-10 points. Some in the media even picked us to win.

I don't know about that. This was pretty much exactly what I expected.

This is what happens in this series when one team is weak and the other is strong. It's always a blowout unless they're evenly matched.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm generally pretty optimistic. I can't remember another season in all my years as a Cowboys fan that I have been more frustrated with this season (not just the team). The NFL has really ****ed us with the Zeke suspension and there's nothing we can do about it.

I love the Cowboys. I live for the season. But the NFL suspending Zeke was a gut punch to this franchise. We have been through the Green Bay catch/no catch twice. 6 games without a holding call against the opposing offensive line. It's obvious that bias exists.

Why in the world do we keep players who we don't seem to want to play (McFadden). Why do we let guys like Witten call their own shots 5 years past their prime? Why do we force the ball to a guy who only catches 50 percent of his passes to pacify him to the detriment of the club? So many things to be pissed about.

I agree with a lot of that. 2015 was horrible. This season has been worse in some ways. Mostly because the league has lost its way and the games suck. The beat downs are no fun, but I've also lost faith in the integrity of the process. Makes it much less fun to watch, even when it's not a two game losing streak.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I don't know about that. This was pretty much exactly what I expected.

This is what happens in this series when one team is weak and the other is strong. It's always a blowout unless they're evenly matched.

Yep, we are weak...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You need to take over Tim Allens role in "Last Man(Garrett) Standing". You just might outlast them all :flagwave:

I'm not saying anything outrageous. 5-5 teams make the playoffs sometimes. Even when some of their fans have guaranteed they won't.

And this team gets 4 allpros back at some point. And the wins of our next four opponents are 4,3,2,4. Not exactly a murderers row.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Injuries, suspensions, and the eagles looking like a team headed for the play-offs and a bye.

Over reacting? Maybe. Perspective? Difficult when you see a team that has the pieces for the most part and cannot get them on the field.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I'm not saying anything outrageous. 5-5 teams make the playoffs sometimes. Even when some of their fans have guaranteed they won't.

And this team gets 4 allpros back at some point. And the wins of our next four opponents are 4,3,2,4. Not exactly a murderers row.

The raiders got slaughtered today

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Are we over reacting to this loss or is reality setting in? I think it is the latter.

It's the same old story. If/when everything falls just right the Cowboys can compete. Even then, however, they fall short in the playoffs because they rely too much on simply outscoring opponents (a more difficult task against playoff teams). There's no defense to keep us in games when times get tough. It ends in collapse.

Last year was one of those years where things fell into place, although we saw what happened in the playoffs. This year, we've had adversity since the day Zeke's suspension was announced, and we're seeing the collapse. Wash, rinse, repeat.