Over reacting or reality setting in?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah we still have a chance. If we make the playoffs and have all of our studs back we could be dangerous. But the hill to get there loooks pretty large right now.

We are 5 and 5. Right now although we arent eliminated and have a soft schedule coming up we really aren't even in the discussion unless we can get to 7 and 5. Then we can start playing the what if game again. Winning two games in a row without Zeke now looks like a tall order.

We're going to be 5-6 first, I think.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And how is the only Garrett fan left doing today? Another ace coaching performance by your hero Garrett. Another motivational half time speech and more genius adjustments. Lol

You must be proud. Data?

Weird post, but whatever. I'm just as bummed as everybody else, even if I expected a beat down, they're never fun.

CWR

Reaction score
What is so tough about analyzing tomorrow?

Smith is fading as is lee. Both have to be replaced. AND we have to somehow continue the defense rebuild. AND we need to get a whole new coaching staff.

Daks progress for starters. What we are capable of with a decent staff, player development and regression are difficult to predict as well. Who would have expected this season from Dlaw? Its always been tough to analyze tomorrow, which is why there is a handful of LA Rams each season. The team will be at a cross roads at the end of this season, hopefully we make some changes.

Sydla

Reaction score
FWIW, I expected either a close win for Dallas, or a blowout win for Philly.

I think the point being made is Idgit thinks this team is still a playoff capable team. So to say that he expected them to get destroyed by Philly (and now apparently lose to the Chargers) but then still talk about them being in the playoff chase is kind of funny.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
It's reality. This Dallas team isn't that good. It's that simple. Collins at RT is a mess. Martin and Frederick both look average as well. The line obviously is missing Smith, no doubt. Dak is getting rattled way too easy.. Mr. "70" million disappears in way too many games, but, that's the way it's always been with him. Witten, for some reason is the forgotten man on 3rd downs. Coaching is gutless. Your own 48 yard line, down by 14, , , , minutes left in the 3rd qtr and you punt on 4th? Why? WR cannot get open. No true #1 WR. Nothing.

The defense ............. Bleh,, I have no words for the defense... Or, maybe too many words. 8-8 if the Cowboys are lucky this season. Still won't be enough to get this coaching staff replaced.

Sydla

Reaction score
Weird post, but whatever. I'm just as bummed as everybody else, even if I expected a beat down, they're never fun.

Not that weird.

You've been one of the biggest Garrett supporters here. The evidence is mounting that he's just what most people said....... a mediocre head coach at best.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here' it comes, we're not mathematically eliminated yet!!

Pretty much. And we've got an easier piece of the schedule coming up after SD. That's pretty much how people determine if you've got a chance or not for any team.

We won't be mathematically eliminated after 7 losses either, probably. But like I said, 7 is where I draw the line.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not that weird.

You've been one of the biggest Garrett supporters here. The evidence is mounting that he's just what most people said....... a mediocre head coach at best.

We can agree to disagree about his post.

Yeah, I like Garrett. And most people did *not* say he was a mediocre coach. Let's at least be real if we're going to talk about it.

Zman5

Reaction score
Seriously? I feel like that was pretty much a common topic around here last week. People were all joking about the blowout potential and everything.

Most were joking about the blowout but most were also predicting a loss by 10 points . I didn't see anyone predicting we lose by 30 points.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most were joking about the blowout but most were also predicting a loss by 10 points . I didn't see anyone predicting we lose by 30 points.

I don't think so, but whatever. It happened anyway.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I think the point being made is Idgit thinks this team is still a playoff capable team. So to say that he expected them to get destroyed by Philly (and now apparently lose to the Chargers) but then still talk about them being in the playoff chase is kind of funny.

Without wanting to speak for @Idgit , he does make some valid points imo, as far as getting Lee, Smith, and Zeke back, and the rest of the schedule not looking so daunting, but I personally think this team too flawed, has too many holes on D, etc... Unless this team makes some sort of miraculous turn around, I think its time for Garrett to go.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Yeah we still have a chance. If we make the playoffs and have all of our studs back we could be dangerous. But the hill to get there loooks pretty large right now.

We are 5 and 5. Right now although we arent eliminated and have a soft schedule coming up we really aren't even in the discussion unless we can get to 7 and 5. Then we can start playing the what if game again. Winning two games in a row without Zeke now looks like a tall order.

We don't have a soft schedule. We could easily lose the rest of the games on our schedule:

The Chargers are a dangerous team. That game is exactly the game Dallas would lose and fans over estimate. Phillip Rivers is always tough and they have a defensive front 7 that can get to the QB.

The Seahawks are no picnic. Again they have a great QB in Russell Wilson and a stout front 7. Even with the injuries the Seahawks have in the secondary I could see them sticking it to us.

You can never underestimate the NFC east games. The Commanders are playing very well and would not surprise me if they come into Texas and upset us. And the Giants are no slouch as long a Manning is QB even with their problems. And then we have to play the Eagles again. My guess is we'll be playing the Eagles with nothing really to play for, but this is a different Eagles team. I bet they could beat us with their backup QB.

The only game that may be an "soft" game would be the Raiders, and they have the potential to put it to us as well.

The NFC is overloaded with a bunch of 2 and 3 loss teams. Some of these teams will fade out as they play each other, but Dallas is way behind and has to basically win out for the rest of the year. There is nothing indicating they will do so.

They lose just one more game and it's over.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Overreacting where Dak is considered, yes. He had a terrible night where he wasn't accurate but that isn't the norm for him. Just about every great has had the 4 or 5 INT game at some point in their career. If we are a playoff team we bounce back and beat the Chargers, Commanders, Giants, and Raiders. None of those teams are as tough as the last two teams we played imo. We can't afford losing to the Chargers without holding someone accountable. Lose one or none of these next four games and you'll give yourself somewhat of a chance the last two weeks of the season if the team is playing a lot better, lose two or more and the season is over.

If we aren't good enough to beat the Chargers then you absolutely don't want us to play any playoff games anyways trust me.

Sydla

Reaction score
We can agree to disagree about his post.

Yeah, I like Garrett. And most people did *not* say he was a mediocre coach. Let's at least be real if we're going to talk about it.

You can disagree all you want. Garrett is not the answer as head coach. It becomes more and more obvious as time goes on.

But I'll give you credit for sticking to your guns. It's admirable despite being totally misguided.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Without wanting to speak for @Idgit , he does make some valid points imo, as far as getting Lee, Smith, and Zeke back, and the rest of the schedule not looking so daunting, but I personally think this team too flawed, has too many holes on D, etc... Unless this team makes some sort of miraculous turn around, I think its time for Garrett to go.

I got a feeling the Lee and Smith injuries may linger for a while. Smith seems like he has some serious problems with his groin and back, and Lee is a slow healer. Plus I think Dez is more injured than he or the coaching staff want to admit. He looks like something is slowing him down.

Plus we don't know what other injuries we'll get down the road.

But I agree. There are other issues keeping this team down.

SacredStar

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its over reacting or not. Talent is still there, things just not going their way. My expectations were maybe too high. They just seemed cursed the last two games.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty much. And we've got an easier piece of the schedule coming up after SD. That's pretty much how people determine if you've got a chance or not for any team.

We won't be mathematically eliminated after 7 losses either, probably. But like I said, 7 is where I draw the line.
I understand what you're saying, and as always, I will root for this team till the last whistle of the final game. But just wonder if we lose out or lose 4 more, if we'll be better off in the long run. To me it's all about coaching at this point, it's undisputable, and it's got to be bad/embarrassing for Jerry to make a move.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think we can all agree on that last part.

We all love our team, but if tanking is what it takes to get Garrett gone?

british-army-chieftain-main-battle-tanks-painted-with-berlin-camouflage.jpg

EGTuna

Reaction score
I predicted 41-17 and that it would be the low point of the Garrett era. Alas, I was correct. First time for everything.

This is not a playoff team right now. Good defenses easily shut down this offense without Zeke, and good offenses eventually get to 30. The KC result was a mirage, as the best victory this team has is the 33-19 win at Washington - a 4-6 team that has their fans just as frustrated as us if not more so after that collapse to the Saints yesterday.

I've been a Garrett supporter, but it's waning now. The only problem is I'm not sure who's out there and available that's better. For every Sean McVay there's 10 Gus Bradleys.

"Hot Coordinator Route" (some of whom are retreads) - Who?
Philly D Cord: Jim Schwartz? No thanks. He was terrible as a HC. Would be more of a retread. And as we saw, Philly's got way more talent.
Philly O Cord: Frank Reich? Doesn't call the plays, and has a shoddy record at various spots.
Minn O Cord: Pat Schurmur? I don't know. He did win 4 and 5 games with Cleveland in 2011/12 so maybe that's the equivalent of winning 10 games elsewhere?
Pitt O Cord: Todd Haley? Failed in KC, and has had issues with Ben as well as the coaching staff. No thanks,
Sea O Cord: Darrell Bevell? Intriguing, but is responsible for arguably the single worst play call in the history of the NFL
Jax D Coord: Todd Wash? Intriguing. Never been a HC, but hard to argue with the results this year. Lots more talent on that side of the ball in Jax, though.
SD D Cord: Gus Bradley? Maybe not a good HC and just a good coordinator like Wade.

Retreads:
Jon Gruden? He's not working for Jerry.
Bill Cowher? DItto.
Mike Shanahan? Hahaha.
Anyone else?

College, most of whom fail.
Jim Harbaugh if you can lure him away from MI (root for OSU this w/e), but not sure he'd want to work with Jerry
David Shaw doesn't seem to want to leave College
Nick Saban ain't leaving Bama
Dabo Sweeney is college coach.
So is Urban Meyer.

So as much as Garrett has been a train wreck the last two weeks (and many would say for much longer), who out there is a realistic option that's better, would work with Jerry and available? I just don't know.

lopey

Reaction score
I'm not ready to give up on Dak just yet, but he is on a short leash. He has to be better when called to lead the team. Can he do it without Zeke, so far it a no, but i want to see his play when Tryon gets back.