Over reacting or reality setting in?

Zman5

Reaction score
I don't know about that. This was pretty much exactly what I expected.

This is what happens in this series when one team is weak and the other is strong. It's always a blowout unless they're evenly matched.

Then you'd be the only one that I know who expected us to lose by 30 points.

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm not saying anything outrageous. 5-5 teams make the playoffs sometimes. Even when some of their fans have guaranteed they won't.

And this team gets 4 allpros back at some point. And the wins of our next four opponents are 4,3,2,4. Not exactly a murderers row.

Yeah we still have a chance. If we make the playoffs and have all of our studs back we could be dangerous. But the hill to get there loooks pretty large right now.

We are 5 and 5. Right now although we arent eliminated and have a soft schedule coming up we really aren't even in the discussion unless we can get to 7 and 5. Then we can start playing the what if game again. Winning two games in a row without Zeke now looks like a tall order.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this team is done they will lose the next to at home will be there seven losses this team is soft not very well coached and the fo is bad not a lot to look forward to

Aven8

Reaction score
Reality has kicked in. I've accepted the fact that we will never win anything with this HC. Ive known it all along, but thought the youth of Dak and Zeke could maybe inspire the team above all that and we could get lucky and win the whole damn thing.

Not happening folks. I don't know what Dak is until he gets a HC/OC that can coach him in a modern offense built for him.

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of that. 2015 was horrible. This season has been worse in some ways. Mostly because the league has lost its way and the games suck. The beat downs are no fun, but I've also lost faith in the integrity of the process. Makes it much less fun to watch, even when it's not a two game losing streak.

Agreed. Even when you felt like we got ****ed in a given game you figured it would even out. But the circumstantial evidence that the powers that be are beating us down is too compelling to just shrug off at this point.

CWR

Reaction score
Both, the reality of this season is setting in

and

We are over reacting about our future. The NFL is such a year to year league who the hell knows where tomorrow will take us. For now the sky is most definitely falling.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Both. It's a shame. I almost feel semi numb to it all, or maybe it's last night's substances running their course.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
It's not just Ezekiel we have other problems. We should be able to win games without a few starters. I'm not blaming Prescott he is what he is. There's a reason he was drafted in the 4th round, but he's played better. He's a very good systems quarterback that needs a full complement of players around him shielding his limitations.

I'm disappointed in the D coordinator. Lawrence was shut down going against Johnson all game. He should have been on the other side going against the backup every snap. It's the little things that win games, and it seems like we are on the short side of that against every team.

I'm not ashamed to lose to the Eagles. They are a very deep talented team in many positions. They are a much better team now than they were the first few games of the year. Will be tough to beat.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Both, the reality of this season is setting in

and

We are over reacting about our future. The NFL is such a year to year league who the hell knows where tomorrow will take us. For now the sky is most definitely falling.

What is so tough about analyzing tomorrow?

Smith is fading as is lee. Both have to be replaced. AND we have to somehow continue the defense rebuild. AND we need to get a whole new coaching staff.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Give as much as you've got if it's cathartic for you. It won't change anything. We'll get the players back and we've got a run of beatable teams. I'll wait to see what happens. The Giants, Raiders, and Skins all look beatable to me with Lee and Tyron back. We'll see what happens. If we're 8-6 when Elliott gets back, too. If it breaks that 10-6 won't get us in, so be it. But like I said, it's not over until we get that 7th loss.

Like your thinking .......

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah we still have a chance. If we make the playoffs and have all of our studs back we could be dangerous. But the hill to get there loooks pretty large right now.

We are 5 and 5. Right now although we arent eliminated and have a soft schedule coming up we really aren't even in the discussion unless we can get to 7 and 5. Then we can start playing the what if game again. Winning two games in a row without Zeke now looks like a tall order.

We don't have an easy schedule, we are the easy schedule. We're the team that people are happy to play at this point. Opponents are calling us an easy victory and accusing the team of quitting. That's a team that you're glad to be facing.

The "true believers" are free to put their money where their mouth is and go out and bet on this team and what they're chastising others for not believing. Actually support what they're running off at the mouth about. But that doesn't happen, does it?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not waving pom poms. We're 5-5 with six to go. It is what it is. You can't guarantee anything. You can say it, but it won't make it so. Just like people guaranteeing we lost the division at 2-3. It just has to play out.

What's worse, we're probably going to get smoked on THU, too.

But I won't consider the season over until we get that 7th loss. I consider that more realistic than chasing in after 5 or 3, or whatever it was.
Here' it comes, we're not mathematically eliminated yet!!