Owens Spitting Truth About Romo

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
I wouldn’t have Mahomes on this list until he’s played a few more years. Also, IMO Romo was better than Watson, Wentz, Goff, and Ryan, at least.
Mahomes has already shown his potential is good enough to be the greatest quarterback of all time.

Romo as a 11 year vet with his best season ever in 2014 doesn’t even compare to a mahomes starting in his FIRST year.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Owens is right. Tony was just an above average quarterback in an era of inflated passing stats.

Their are at least 10 quarterbacks playing right now better than Romo.

Mahomes
Brady
Wilson
Rodgers
Brees
Rivers
Watson
Ben
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Goff

I am pretty harsh on Romo sometimes. Used to be, anyway. More along the lines of trying to crack the clay feet of the Romo career when the sycophants thought he could do no wrong.

But average?

Brady, Rodgers, and Rapesmysister were better.

Brees is on par. Maybe Rivers.

Romo was better than the rest on that list.

No offense, but do you have to wear a helmet when you go outside?

ESisback

Reaction score
Mahomes has already shown his potential is good enough to be the greatest quarterback of all time.

Romo as a 11 year vet with his best season ever in 2014 doesn’t even compare to a mahomes starting in his FIRST year.

Greatest QB of all time?!? Ha! Disagree.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
you are nuts if you think Wentz, Watson, and Ryan and even Luck and rivers which is debatable are better then Romo..no way the first three.. Rivers and Ryan have done the same things Romo has done Luck maybe tad better then rivers and ryan but not much and for sure Watson has done SQUAT hes in Daks area right now until they prove something..so its knock on Romo that hes not better then,
Mahomes
Brady
Rodgers
Ben
Brees

I can live with that given Romo was an UDFA that reached beyond that tag , those there yes no doubt.. the rest we could debate for hours, I like Wilson but at this point I dont think he far superior then Romo..sorry been there dont this with romohaters and for Dak homer you should know better..
Mahomes
Wilson
Brees
Brady
Rodgers

These are the top 5 quarterback in the league right now.

Tony is not comparable to them. Not even remotely.

Luck, Wentz, Watson are all better than Romo. Every single NFL executive would tell you this.

Romo is a 13-10 level QB in this era. I doubt he’s better than Jared Goff.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
I am pretty harsh on Romo sometimes. Used to be, anyway. More along the lines of trying to crack the clay feet of the Romo career when the sycophants thought he could do no wrong.

But average?

Brady, Rodgers, and Rapesmysister were better.

Brees is on par. Maybe Rivers.

Romo was better than the rest on that list.

No offense, but do you have to wear a helmet when you go outside?
You think Romo is better than Mahomes and on par with Brees?

Let me ask you, do you think Tony is a first ballot hall of famer?

ESisback

Reaction score
Mahomes
Wilson
Brees
Brady
Rodgers

These are the top 5 quarterback in the league right now.

Tony is not comparable to them. Not even remotely.

Luck, Wentz, Watson are all better than Romo. Every single NFL executive would tell you this.

Romo is a 13-10 level QB in this era. I doubt he’s better than Jared Goff.

Disagree! Who’s your team?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Owens has a good argument. But quarterbacks much worse than Romo have won super bowls. So what's the point? Romo can't catch the ball for Crayton. It's not Romo that fumbled the ball against GB in 2014. It is a team effort and always has been.

They wasted Romo’s best years.

Wasted them.

Qcard

Reaction score
Owens inability to act like a halfway reasonable adult lead to his exodus in San Francisco, Philly, and Dallas. Why would anyone care or put any stock into what this spoiled man child had to say?
Hall of Fame cares...

Bigdog

Reaction score
Mahomes is has already shown he can play at a far higher level Tony Romo ever could.

Luck is better than Romo every single NFL executive would tell you that. Same goes for Wentz.

Ryan has produced romos best season ever 3 times in the past 5 years.

Rivers is better than romo in every numerical category.

Wilson? Come on even tony would tell you he’s better than him. If you think romo could scramble? My god.

Romo isn’t a top quarterback in this era of pass happy offense.

He’d be above average...sure. Elite? no.
I don’t think he is elite but above average. I’ll give that Wilson and Luck are better. Mahomes and Wentz the jury is still out on them. Don’t get me wrong I think these two will do well in league if they can remain healthy ( I liked Wentz when he came out and hoped he fell to us but didn’t ). It seems that Rivers career is going to be like Romo, above average qb who can’t win the big one. I think we agree that Romo is above average but not elite. There are not many elite qbs in the league that are consistent outside of Brady, Brees, Rodgers who are playing now. I know I am missing few though.