Owens Spitting Truth About Romo

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Owens is right. Tony was just an above average quarterback in an era of inflated passing stats.

Their are at least 10 quarterbacks playing right now better than Romo.

Mahomes
Brady
Wilson
Rodgers
Brees
Rivers
Watson
Ben
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Goff

Watson, Goff, Wentz, and Luck to this point LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mahomes
Wilson
Brees
Brady
Rodgers

These are the top 5 quarterback in the league right now.

Tony is not comparable to them. Not even remotely.

Luck, Wentz, Watson are all better than Romo. Every single NFL executive would tell you this.

Romo is a 13-10 level QB in this era. I doubt he’s better than Jared Goff.
really so you talked personally in private to each and every exec out there about this huh? gettheflipoutofhere..I said Mahomes, Brees brady, rogers and back then Pmanning maybe Big ben, but no FN way that Romos not comp to Rivers, Luck, wentz and Watson.. when those execs hit me up and confirm this you can have your day, its not today..

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
really so you talked personally in private to each and every exec out there about this huh? gettheflipoutofhere..I said Mahomes, Brees brady, rogers and back then Pmanning maybe Big ben, but no FN way that Romos not comp to Rivers, Luck, wentz and Watson.. when those execs hit me up and confirm this you can have your day, its not today..
Ok so you confirmed romo isn’t elite. If there is 5-7 quarterbacks better than you you’re not elite just great.

He’s much closer to Kirk Cousins than he is Tom Brady.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Owens inability to act like a halfway reasonable adult lead to his exodus in San Francisco, Philly, and Dallas. Why would anyone care or put any stock into what this spoiled man child had to say?
You can be a self centered man child and still make a valid point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ok so you confirmed romo isn’t elite. If there is 5-7 quarterbacks better than you you’re not elite just great.

He’s much closer to Kirk Cousins than he is Tom Brady.
Luck, Watson, Wentz, rivers and IMO not Wilson yet none are Elite either, 2-3 QBs in a given Decade can carry a team make players better and are worth the elite tag, its not an insult to Call an UDFA not elite, I never said he was elite..

Tier 2 you have those guys and its a coin flip on who top tier 2 are but I put Romo over Dak you can group Romo in with a Cousins , Watson, rivers etc on the fact alone is why Romo was great but not elite..Dak is trying to climb into that group now hes at the bottom of tier 2 you know 10-15 area trying to go from 15-10 etc but room wis and wa sat the time always in the top 10 in the league and for 3-4 years top 5 numbers all day long..he owns all the cowboys passing records and for good reason..thats also td-int ration and blew the doors off Aikmans numbers in the same category's..just try not knocking Romo whjile building upothers that were top 10 NFL draft picks as if it a bad thing..

DHCBF66

Reaction score
His nfl pension alone will pay him well over a million a year.

His version of broke is having to decide between keeping 2 vacation homes or 5.
He gets $7500.00 a month from the NFL. Not even close to a million a year. His wife works for the post office! Who cares what TO says anyway, not like he ever won anything. I will listen to a guy like Aikman who DID win something when he said quote"Tony Romo is a better QB than I was", end quote!

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Romo s career TD/INT percentages are identical to Peyton Manning. If he started the same exact number of games, they’d be mirror images.

A top rated passer of all time.
A top rated fourth quarter passer all time.
More fourth quarter comebacks during his playing days than any other QB.
Won over 60% of his games.

Romo was more of an elite passer than Eli ever hoped to be. But one had a GM and front office who got their act together during the proper windows.
And he was undrafted.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Another player speaking the truth about Romo. Great announcer, good qb, never a winner.

Tony only got smarter, more in command, and more accurate as he got older. Great announcer now. Great QB in his last full season in 2014. MVP level performance.

TO played with young Tony, who just wasn't as good a passer, though he was a lot healthier.

Tony's body failed. Not his mind.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Luck, Watson, Wentz, rivers and IMO not Wilson yet none are Elite either, 2-3 QBs in a given Decade can carry a team make players better and are worth the elite tag, its not an insult to Call an UDFA not elite, I never said he was elite..

Tier 2 you have those guys and its a coin flip on who top tier 2 are but I put Romo over Dak you can group Romo in with a Cousins , Watson, rivers etc on the fact alone is why Romo was great but not elite..Dak is trying to climb into that group now hes at the bottom of tier 2 you know 10-15 area trying to go from 15-10 etc but room wis and wa sat the time always in the top 10 in the league and for 3-4 years top 5 numbers all day long..he owns all the cowboys passing records and for good reason..thats also td-int ration and blew the doors off Aikmans numbers in the same category's..just try not knocking Romo whjile building upothers that were top 10 NFL draft picks as if it a bad thing..

The fact anyone compared romo to deshaun Watson invalidates everything football they claim to know.

Let me know when Watson’s numbers are a mere few playoff wins from hall of fame lock.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Wait.

I thought we were team Romo.

What happened?

Did dak all a sudden become more popular?

Your popular until the next shiny toy shows up. Before Cooper, we saw a lot of Dez threads. After Cooper folks hardly bring his name up.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
The real story here, is as always, Owens is fading from peoples thoughts and romo is a media darling the likes of which TO could never hope to achieve, whether playing or after.

Dudes salty **, and the perfect mentor for Antonio Brown. He always had diva in him and this year it really showed where he was getting his influence.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I’m not so sure of TOs point because no one is discussing a Romo come back, we’re gawking over his insight.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Romo will be in the Ring of Honor.

Can his haters do me a favor and bottle up their tears for me when that happens? I’ll pay top dollar for them.

Ring of honor means he made Jerry a lot of money. HOF another story, he will get in....as a broadcaster.

ccb04

Reaction score
He's unquestionably a HOF talent...that also had a 10-cent head & was a locker room cancer everywhere he went.
Mahomes
Wilson
Brees
Brady
Rodgers

These are the top 5 quarterback in the league right now.

Tony is not comparable to them. Not even remotely.

Luck, Wentz, Watson are all better than Romo. Every single NFL executive would tell you this.

Romo is a 13-10 level QB in this era. I doubt he’s better than Jared Goff.

Three of the QB's on that list are among the best to EVER play (Brees, Brady & Rodgers). Brady is obviously considered the GOAT by many. Luck was considered a generational talent...and as Frank Reich recently stated, Mahomes has generational arm talent. I've enjoyed watching all of them. But someone else's greatness doesn't have to diminish the accomplishments of others. I've been a football fan for nearly 4 decades, and have heard every argument from era's to rule changes, etc. I've lamented how crazy it would've been to draft Ware at #11 & Rodgers instead of Spears at #22 in the same draft. But again, it's not to diminish what Romo accomplished in his career, which is a ton. Even now...would I take Mahomes over Prescott or ANY other young QB? You bet your arse I would. But again, to me...I'm not looking to diminish Dak & his story in the process. While he certainly has his flaws, he also has some great qualities, to inc. winning games. Do I get frustrated when he misses throws at times? Yep, I do. But I still appreciate all he's been able to do til this point...while saluting Reid for pulling the trigger on Pat above everyone else.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Ring of honor means he made Jerry a lot of money. HOF another story, he will get in....as a broadcaster.

But the majority of NFL life longs and the likes agree romos only real thing keeping him from the hall is not even a ring but just a handful more playoff wins.

Trash QBs, as many wanted to paint tony as, DONT ever come that close.

rags747

Reaction score
I’m really happy to see that Owens can still afford a nice suit. Good for him.
Exactly, TY!! The A_Whole T-Rel made so so much money during his career and has DIC to show for it, who is the stupid one. He fails at life and all coaches who he played for have called him a Cancer. Douchebag who after this latest love affair with the media can crawl back into his loser hole, no wife, no boyfriend, no kids although probably kids out of wedlock, no family and no real true friends. A very sorry state to be in with no $$. He screwed up at life by being a low IQ individual. Who is having the last laugh T-Rel? Go back to your hovel via Uber, douchebag. And...This is a guy that I was always behind no matter his stunt. Do the Fake NEWS MEDIA tour and I have no respect for u any longer. Have at it...