Packers Cheerleader responds to cyber-bullying

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
davidyee;4997141 said:
...been a thought of mine on what would happen to Internet posters if their behavior was exposed to their parents, grandparents, employers, co-workers, church leaders, neighbour's, etc.

Would their bravado be on such open display? There something to be said for the civility of public life.

"Facebook Fired" has already happened.

2009 in England, a young woman ranted about her boss on Facebook. A few hours later he reminded her she friended him and she was flunking her probationary period, then told her to take her stuff and final paycheck as he was processing her walking papers.

Youtube has had 10 million hits of this redneck dad that shot up his daughter's notebook after she flamed him on Facebook a 2nd time....maybe by the time he's between jobs he is going to regret behaving like his child.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;4997318 said:
You're assuming he's actually been able to find an "uncompensated" women to copulate with.

:muttley:

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Maybe she should have made up a cheer?

Give me an N

Give me an O

Give me a B

U

L

L

Y

Something like that?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Some of you really need to grow up.

Seriously.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4997374 said:
She's not ugly, but it seems she might be too stupid to talk about it? Why the signs? I don't understand why she doesn't articulate her thoughts about it vocally.

There is a theory out there about that. Basically, what it says is that if you say nothing but instead, force people to read things rather then say things, people tend to make it more personal because they hear themselves saying the words instead of another person. It makes it more personal to the reader, according to the theory. Also, you focus more on the message. People have a tendency to fade out when they don't have a personal stake or don't really agree. However, if you can get them to read, they focus more. They may not like what is being said but they do tend to pay attention.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4997440 said:
Some of you really need to grow up.

Seriously.

Sometimes I think the viscous kids on the grade school playground became adults and did not learn a thing.

Except take their taunting online.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I was bullied in middle/highschool.

I was a white kid growing up in a town that's 97% Hispanic. Yeah I got bulled a lot.

I got over it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Never get into a fight with an internet tough guy, it can lead to carpal tunnel. :)

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4997444 said:
There is a theory out there about that. Basically, what it says is that if you say nothing but instead, force people to read things rather then say things, people tend to make it more personal because they hear themselves saying the words instead of another person. It makes it more personal to the reader, according to the theory. Also, you focus more on the message. People have a tendency to fade out when they don't have a personal stake or don't really agree. However, if you can get them to read, they focus more. They may not like what is being said but they do tend to pay attention.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4997611 said:
I was bullied in middle/highschool.

I was a white kid growing up in a town that's 97% Hispanic. Yeah I got bulled a lot.

I got over it.

...any empathy out of your experience.

Certainly not for others who are bullied.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
To respond to an earlier question Kaitlyn Collins is not Amanda Todd, but neither deserved what they got online.

I think it would be appropriate to occasionally out some of the more over-the-top posters like the Reddit troll Michael Brutsch. Stripped of anonymity, most would probably wither once their identity was known and had to suffer the abuse they dished out....it's a real life version of Sylvester the Cat realizing that bulldog he was teasing is not chained.

For those preaching internet free speech, remember that is not absolute. Crying "Fire" in a theater, "Bomb" in an airport, slander are things people can still have to answer for.

Personally, I've known over my 13th years on forums people bullying members with disabilities, strangers from thousands of miles away flaming about people I personally know saying things utterly false, and serial trollers resorting to things such as threatening suicide....of course the moderators at those sites were not doing their jobs.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
davidyee;4997661 said:
...any empathy out of your experience.

Certainly not for others who are bullied.

I got over it. I overcame it.

That's what others should do too.

Quit crying about it and get on with your lives.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
There's an irony here that I can't over look, especially since Chicago is a part of the story. All the indignation over some one being 'bullied' and 'attacked', when in reality the girl in question is entirely fine and surely free of debilitating disease that the entire episode is almost like a joke. But I don't see the punch line.

Chicago is some sort of epicenter for crime, with over 40 people being murdered in January alone and the numbers growing and someone should get indignant over this? She's a victim? How will she or anyone who agrees that she is a victim cope when real tribulation comes into their lives if they think is something to be indignant over?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
vta;4997835 said:
There's an irony here that I can't over look, especially since Chicago is a part of the story. All the indignation over some one being 'bullied' and 'attacked', when in reality the girl in question is entirely fine and surely free of debilitating disease that the entire episode is almost like a joke. But I don't see the punch line.

Chicago is some sort of epicenter for crime, with over 40 people being murdered in January alone and the numbers growing and someone should get indignant over this? She's a victim? How will she or anyone who agrees that she is a victim cope when real tribulation comes into their lives if they think is something to be indignant over?

People look for anything to champion, no matter how small the victory. They know they can't stop the crime so might as well shift their sights to a more manageable task.

You remember the saying, "If at first you don't succeed; try, try again"?

Doesn't apply here.

More fitting would be, "If at first you don't succeed, try something easier."

I really don't care if she felt it necessary to make the video. She's free to do that if she wants but as I have said, I think it's a bit over the top.

For me the issue is really more about the fact that she's being showered in praise for standing up against a fallacious attack. If she were truly ugly, nobody would have noticed. Then again, that gets to another point that if she were truly ugly nobody could have noticed because she wouldn't have been allowed to cheerlead in the first place. All well and good to have your looks work for you and give you opportunities you otherwise wouldn't have had but nobody had better ever compare you to people who are prettier, regardless of where you stand amongst the general population.

Change the background to a Walmart isle and throw on some dirty, grimy clothes with a few blotches on her skin and some sun-baked aging wrinkles and it's just another picture the goes up on PeopleOfWalmart for everyone to laugh at.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4997889 said:
People look for anything to champion, no matter how small the victory. They know they can't stop the crime so might as well shift their sights to a more manageable task.

You remember the saying, "If at first you don't succeed; try, try again"?

Doesn't apply here.

More fitting would be, "If at first you don't succeed, try something easier."

I really don't care if she felt it necessary to make the video. She's free to do that if she wants but as I have said, I think it's a bit over the top.

For me the issue is really more about the fact that she's being showered in praise for standing up against a fallacious attack. If she were truly ugly, nobody would have noticed. Then again, that gets to another point that if she were truly ugly nobody could have noticed because she wouldn't have been allowed to cheerlead in the first place. All well and good to have your looks work for you and give you opportunities you otherwise wouldn't have had but nobody had better ever compare you to people who are prettier, regardless of where you stand amongst the general population.

Change the background to a Walmart isle and throw on some dirty, grimy clothes with a few blotches on her skin and some sun-baked aging wrinkles and it's just another picture the goes up on PeopleOfWalmart for everyone to laugh at.

All very true.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
BringBackThatOleTimeBoys;4997393 said:
"Facebook Fired" has already happened.

2009 in England, a young woman ranted about her boss on Facebook. A few hours later he reminded her she friended him and she was flunking her probationary period, then told her to take her stuff and final paycheck as he was processing her walking papers.

Youtube has had 10 million hits of this redneck dad that shot up his daughter's notebook after she flamed him on Facebook a 2nd time....maybe by the time he's between jobs he is going to regret behaving like his child.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, he was lauded on this site for standing up to his child and showing her he was boss.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Lord knows, if a few bad comments online constitute bullying, I have been subjected a ton of it on this site from many of you.

As nothing written on this site means anything, I never reported any of you to the cheeses here.

I also won't be doing a youtube video holding up signs calling Bumfrd a bully, Dallas a bully etc

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;4997964 said:
I also won't be doing a youtube video holding up signs calling Bumfrd a bully, Dallas a bully etc

I noticed you didn't rule out a youtube parody song or purchasing a billboard :D :D

/reality

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4997961 said:
BringBackThatOleTimeBoys;4997393 said:
Youtube has had 10 million hits of this redneck dad that shot up his daughter's notebook after she flamed him on Facebook a 2nd time....maybe by the time he's between jobs he is going to regret behaving like his child.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, he was lauded on this site for standing up to his child and showing her he was boss.

Putting his foot down was the part he got right.

He should have done it offline and demonstrated considerably more emotional maturity than his daughter...failed on that part.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4997823 said:
I got over it. I overcame it.

That's what others should do too.

Quit crying about it and get on with your lives.

...you clearly haven't gained any empathy.

What it tells me is you would have the propensity to ignore a bullying situation if it happened in front of your eyes and as the child or person was crying in a corner your comments would suggest you would stand over them and tell them to "Quit crying about it and get on with your lives."

The person after clearly being bullied by another person would be doubly victimized again by you and your attitude.

At least from all of your comments that is what it would suggest would be your behavior.

Do you have any contact with young children? Are you a parent? I find what you are saying to be very difficult to comprehend and somewhat frightening.