Packers QB Jordan Love has agreed to a 4-year extension worth $220M

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What Lance has going for him is he was a 2nd or 3rd overall pick. He’s not even 25 yet. The only reason he has no leverage now is because Dak is here. Soon as he leaves that boosts his value up. I honestly don’t see a multi year deal. It’s so hard to say though because if he doesn’t have a good camp this might be Drew Henson all over again.

Yes, but he didn't show a lot in San Francisco. My point is, I don't think he goes for $40-50 mil. I think Lance would probably be in the $20-maybe 30mil range because he has to prove himself, even for a year or two. Then again, they could franchise him to see what he does for one year as a starter.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, but he didn't show a lot in San Francisco. My point is, I don't think he goes for $40-50 mil. I think Lance would probably be in the $20-maybe 30mil range because he has to prove himself, even for a year or two. Then again, they could franchise him to see what he does for one year as a starter.
No I agree he’s not gonna see anything like that’s being given out. His leverage isn’t his play his leverage is we have nothing else.

Franchise tagging is an option too. You’re right. We will know more about his value after this camp it can only go up.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jordan was in his first year as a starter and finished with a 18-1 TD split in his last 8 games and spanked us in the playoffs. Who was his number 1 WR? Dak after year 3, without Amari, was complete trash. Dak finished off this season with 5 INTs in the dumbed down offense going on year 9.

Dallas already paid Dak for baby-sitting and “developing him” and he’s crapped the bed continuously.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
At this point nobody's giving Trey Lance more than $6 million I mean maybe something will change there's no way he's getting 20 to $30 million this man is all hyped right now he's done absolutely squat he's done less than squat there are so many players I'd rather have than him like Jacobi Brissett types or any of the mids out there that were way worth more money than Trey Lance if we were thinking about a bridge for the future right now Trey Lance ain't it..

How are you even using that type of price range 20 to 30 million for Trey Lance for what absolutely not right now I mean how much money is Cooper rush making because at least he's won some games 6,000,008 million I mean that most you pay a guy 11,000,000 if you think he can at least help win a game or two Trey Lance ain't even that guy right now that is why he didn't get his fifty year option and people are not paying that man that kind of money.... I would take Justin fields all day long for anything over $11 million Trey Lance right now is all hyped he's hope he's projection material but I haven't seen one damn play for him in practice or anything that makes me think he's even gonna be a viable backup in this league..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jay Cutler had a great arm too. I think Love is solid and a good investment but I surely wouldn’t call people clueless for thinking he hasn’t proven anything.
I agree handing them that kind of contract which by the way I think it's hiked up is the largest contract if you look at new money only and guarantees only he is not set the new market I mean I haven't seen the detail but it doesn't sound like it... I sure wouldn't have paid him that for one year he sat on the bench for three years had one decent year so did Blake Bortles Mark Sanchez Nick Foles guys like that who actually went further there's guys around the league that have had one great year got paid and then never did another damn thing so they gotta be careful with that when you're talking about quarterback money this is a high risk moment here..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I mean maybe we have no intention of paying Dak at all, why wait while these QB salaries keep going up.
You know maybe you guys get lost in the 1000 posts about Prescott and all the other guys and you still don't know why because Prescott's agents Prescott himself waiting on market stuff to happen you don't know what's going on behind the scenes they happen negotiating they had talks but they haven't settled on a number it's the same thing lamb was doing with Justin Jefferson and some of these other receivers he wanted to wait you can't force contracts on players whether they look good for the team or not owners do not control this... There are a lot of other people on both sides that are negotiating that is what negotiating is..... You will not trick a player and his agent not in 2019 or 2020 to take such a smaller contract when they know what's coming down the road especially at quarterback that you're not getting him to sign he knew these things were coming and he's gonna want more because he knows he's better or at least on paper he's had more career years than a one year wonder yes one year wonder boy got paid because they hope he can do something in the future but Prescott did that his rookie year Prescott was every bit as good as all these quarterbacks who've gotten contracts the day he stepped on the field and he's backed it up with a couple more career years and had one of his best years last year so he is waiting yak like Jerry just decided he wanted to pay more for no reason whatsoever no the the agent and the player have something to say about that they're holding up negotiations...

You don't think they have a list of contracts that are coming due for other players at the same positions and know about what they're going to get paid so they say just hold on be patient and we're going to make this owner give us going into this next season the highest contract...
. I can't believe this stuff gets lost on some of you that actually there's a lot of lawyers a lot of agents that are lawyers CPA's big groups of people on both sides that know the game and not one of them can just walk over to the other and say here's what I'm giving you sign now!! Prescott would not have taken a long term small deal back in 2019 or 2020 like everyone says around here because if he did he'd have been back in three years and hold out you know players hold out even after they got paid recently and they go back with their handout again and threaten to hold out again they are not gonna get food in the siding small deals that don't benefit them..... You are correct you're confused they are gonna pay Prescott eventually somebody will but they're not doing this on purpose to run up the bill on themselves there are people on dax's side doing so.. The same way with lamb they said they've been in discussions they just haven't come to a number that they can both agree upon it is called negotiations..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know maybe you guys get lost in the 1000 posts about Prescott and all the other guys and you still don't know why because Prescott's agents Prescott himself waiting on market stuff to happen you don't know what's going on behind the scenes they happen negotiating they had talks but they haven't settled on a number it's the same thing lamb was doing with Justin Jefferson and some of these other receivers he wanted to wait you can't force contracts on players whether they look good for the team or not owners do not control this... There are a lot of other people on both sides that are negotiating that is what negotiating is..... You will not trick a player and his agent not in 2019 or 2020 to take such a smaller contract when they know what's coming down the road especially at quarterback that you're not getting him to sign he knew these things were coming and he's gonna want more because he knows he's better or at least on paper he's had more career years than a one year wonder yes one year wonder boy got paid because they hope he can do something in the future but Prescott did that his rookie year Prescott was every bit as good as all these quarterbacks who've gotten contracts the day he stepped on the field and he's backed it up with a couple more career years and had one of his best years last year so he is waiting yak like Jerry just decided he wanted to pay more for no reason whatsoever no the the agent and the player have something to say about that they're holding up negotiations...

You don't think they have a list of contracts that are coming due for other players at the same positions and know about what they're going to get paid so they say just hold on be patient and we're going to make this owner give us going into this next season the highest contract...
. I can't believe this stuff gets lost on some of you that actually there's a lot of lawyers a lot of agents that are lawyers CPA's big groups of people on both sides that know the game and not one of them can just walk over to the other and say here's what I'm giving you sign now!! Prescott would not have taken a long term small deal back in 2019 or 2020 like everyone says around here because if he did he'd have been back in three years and hold out you know players hold out even after they got paid recently and they go back with their handout again and threaten to hold out again they are not gonna get food in the siding small deals that don't benefit them..... You are correct you're confused they are gonna pay Prescott eventually somebody will but they're not doing this on purpose to run up the bill on themselves there are people on dax's side doing so.. The same way with lamb they said they've been in discussions they just haven't come to a number that they can both agree upon it is called negotiations..
Really? You don't say, hmmm.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a bad habit of making average QB and teams look great..............................

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I mean you are gonna have to pay to get rid of him but at least it would be now then later.
They have to pay either way, correct. We are in the mess with him that we are because of the contract they signed 4 years ago...mark my words Jerry will not be conned to doing the same thing again which assuredly Dak's agent is hell-bent on doing again

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Two huge QB extensions the first week of training camp. If Dak doesn’t get extended by the season opener I’m pretty convinced he’ll test free agency and this will be his final season with the Cowboys.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Being honest the Love and Tua deals kind of tosses cold water on the $60 million per year idea for QB's, unless C.J. Stroud gets that someday.

Given his age and admitted lack of postseason success, Dak's extension with Dallas- assuming there is one- should be around what Miami gave Tua. Maybe give Dak a bigger signing bonus to make his deal appear bigger for appearance sake.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They have to pay either way, correct. We are in the mess with him that we are because of the contract they signed 4 years ago...mark my words Jerry will not be conned to doing the same thing again which assuredly Dak's agent is hell-bent on doing again
The contract was not try problem. In hindsight they got him for a bargain. Where Jerry screwed up is giving Law 100 million, Collins, Jaylen Smith and Zeke. Jerry has been conned millions of times why do you think now is a issue lol?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Two huge QB extensions the first week of training camp. If Dak doesn’t get extended by the season opener I’m pretty convinced he’ll test free agency and this will be his final season with the Cowboys.
Yep. I’ve come to grips this might be his last year.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I agree, but Stephen Jones alluded to the fact that contract ideas have been floated around with Dak's agent as recently as yesterday. This deal could happen anytime, or it could not happen until next March. We just don't know.