Packers release Jaylon Smith

garyo1954

Reaction score
He's not a quitter.
That's in his favor.
He'll keep pushing and maybe one day have a 30 minute infomercial. He'll be to sunglasses what Chuck Norris is to home gyms.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have to wonder what happened to Jaylon. His second year here (his actual first year to play) he was fantastic. So was LVE. It’s not like they’re past their prime from an age standpoint. Smith should’ve continued to get better physically by distancing himself from that awful injury. What happened? Has he just not put in the work?
I would guess that teams learned that he couldn't cut and so started playing him accordingly.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I would guess that teams learned that he couldn't cut and so started playing him accordingly.
Could be, but his drop in play since his first year is just strange to me. Like I said earlier, he and LVE were considered the best linebacker duo in the league that year by many.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Could be, but his drop in play since his first year is just strange to me. Like I said earlier, he and LVE were considered the best linebacker duo in the league that year by many.

...which tells you all you need to know about the experts and pundits. I was never sold on that theory, though I thought they had the POTENTIAL to be 2 solid LBs. Jaylon was never a consistent impact player game in and game out. LVE had solid stretches, but he also seemed lost at times. So all that praise for both was hyperbole, typical pundits over rating Cowboy players. Happens all the time.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Joke is on us...at this rate the guy will get signed and cut by half the league. He will end up with a superbowl ring by default

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
Jaylon could consider the CFL, and I'm not being a wise guy. The talent level isn't generally as high, and the players don't get paid as much, but it's football. He's already made a bunch of money. If he loves the game, the CFL would be an opportunity to keep playing, and Jaylon's skill level is probably high enough for him to help a team win.

Some people use "go play in the CFL" as an insult, but I honestly don't mean that. I don't see anything wrong with a player joining that league. If his skill set his high enough to help a Canadian team, there's nothing at all wrong with playing ball up north.
The Toronto Hosers need a backer, eh?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
...which tells you all you need to know about the experts and pundits. I was never sold on that theory, though I thought they had the POTENTIAL to be 2 solid LBs. Jaylon was never a consistent impact player game in and game out. LVE had solid stretches, but he also seemed lost at times. So all that praise for both was hyperbole, typical pundits over rating Cowboy players. Happens all the time.
No it wasn’t. They actually played great that year. It certainly wasn’t hyperbole. I watched every game. Pretty much every analyst praised their play. Why? Because they played great.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not if other teams send the player to the side on which he cannot cut.
LVE has not been the same since his injury.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
In this video...you can see him filling gaps and attacking LOS SOEMTIMES. You can also see him 5 yards downfield making a tackle on someone that has already been tackled. You can also see him hobbling all over the place. I'm a gimp too I know hobbling when I see it.

Either let it play...or scroll to 0:30. He jumps up and makes a nice tip on the pass. But watch him land. he REFUSES to land on his left foot. he bounces on his right foot like 3-4 times.

Proof his left leg has been problematic.

When you are hiding/favoring an injury.....your natural instincts CANT kick in. Very plain and very simple. He made progress then regressed. It happens.

so he is injured SOMETIMES?

I'm so confused. You claim his instincts are fine, it's the injury. But you should highlights of him making a play here or there...which is your way of proving he can play. Then there are countless examples of him looking like he wandered into a stadium where a football game was taking place, and he stole a helmet and some shoulder pads and decided to watch the game from the field...and this is because he is injured? So which one is it?

kskboys

Reaction score
so he is injured SOMETIMES?

I'm so confused. You claim his instincts are fine, it's the injury. But you should highlights of him making a play here or there...which is your way of proving he can play. Then there are countless examples of him looking like he wandered into a stadium where a football game was taking place, and he stole a helmet and some shoulder pads and decided to watch the game from the field...and this is because he is injured? So which one is it?
Injured.

Instincts do you no good w/o the physical skillset to make plays. Jaylon's injury has robbed him of that ability. Most people who have played sports understand completely.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Injured.

Instincts do you no good w/o the physical skillset to make plays. Jaylon's injury has robbed him of that ability. Most people who have played sports understand completely.
Oh...I've played sports...a lot....and I have watched him...a lot...and more often than not....he has no clue what is going on. Don't think he would be much more than average if he had not gotten injured. Dallas has drafted several LBers with athleticism and measurables...who could not play LBer to save their lives. Bruce Carter, Bobby Carpenter, Jason Williams (ran a sub 4.5 and did 26 reps on the bench)..add Jaylon to this smoldering heap!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Honestly, Jerry Jones is partly responsible for his downfall. Drafted him way too high and then way overpaid him.

and yet he led the team in tackles for several seasons.

odd….

long live the #Swipe

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

odd….

long live the #Swipe

odd….

long live the #Swipe

Meanwhile, the NFL says…

swiper-no.gif