Packers, Vikings have $30M-plus to spend (Skins in the mix, shocker)

visionary

Reaction score
Holloway805 said:
I hope little Danny boy never sells the Skins. How can someone so rich be so stupid with the cap?

it is hard work, you have to keep at it every day
it is harder than it looks, danny boy just makes it look easy

:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo said:
you got that right. it sux being in cap hell every year, fielding a team of crappy players cuz that guy wants to spend money.

cap hell sux.

what a moroon.
You're too hard on yourself.

:wink2:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
btw- the extension of the agreement wasnt exactly unexpected. boys fans act like is was some fluke miracle happening.

either way, danny boy got over. again.

dont hate.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
The Skins were mentioned because they benefitted from the CBA extension more than any other team. Instead of being hard-pressed to do anything in the offseason because of their cap (they could have gotten under the cap, but not far enough to do a whole lot), the CBA extension allows them to operate as usual, push cap hits into future years and get plenty of cap room -- enough to go shopping.

Many teams went from having a lot of cap room to having lots and lots of cap room, but that's not as big of a benefit as going from almost no cap room to enough cap room. Winning $1,000 in the lottery is a much bigger deal for someone making minimum wage than for someone who makes $200,000 a year.
Adam, I think I disagree with your definition of "enough".

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:

All that "getting over" has resulted in what?

The weakest playoff win in NFL history?

Expectations are low in Northern VA.....

Ashwynn

Reaction score
riggo said:
btw- the extension of the agreement wasnt exactly unexpected. boys fans act like is was some fluke miracle happening.

dont hate.
Were not gunna hate, were gunna kick your *** this year. Little Danny wont be jumping up and down Texas Stadium hallways anymore. Bank it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo said:

dont hate.
I call winning Super Bowls "getting over." To this point all he has done is flush money down the drain. I don't mind him continuing with his plumbing.

Enjoy mediocrity. That's all Danny Boy has brought.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I cant belive anyone gives Clayton a job anymore...he is hands down the worst "insider" out there and his info is bogus 75% of the time or more

David

Yep, he is the absolute worst "reporter" I have ever seen- he just throws it against the wall and hopes it sticks.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
All that "getting over" has resulted in what?

The weakest playoff win in NFL history?

Expectations are low in Northern VA.....

did someone say 'playoffs'?? yes, the Commanders did make the playoffs.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
riggo said:

dont hate.

Yes, his list of accomplishments is stupefying. :rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo said:
it doesnt suck. beats not making the playoffs, anyhow.
I disagree with you. When I am proud of "making the playoffs" as if that is some kind of major accomplishment in the era of NFL Parity, I think I'll throw up.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I disagree with you. When I am proud of "making the playoffs" as if that is some kind of major accomplishment in the era of NFL Parity, I think I'll throw up.

hell, it is a major accomplishment after a dozen years of mediocrity. ;)

that said, the team needs to move ahead to the next step. no more consolation prizes in this prize closet.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
riggo said:
This is what we were saying after 03, but we were seeing the same smoke and mirrors then as Washington put up last season.

that said, the team needs to move ahead to the next step. no more consolation prizes in this prize closet.
This is were the poor management comes in. Good luck "moving ahead" with your paltry cap space and no #1 pick.

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:

So you agree, with all this cap madness Danny goes through every year, he's hardly "getting over"?

More accurately - Danny is "getting by."

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo said:

That's the saddest acceptance of a condition I have ever read.

Let's recap. You're not in great cap shape. Though the cap is still going up you are pushing salaries into the future. Eventually it will bite you right in the pants. You don't have a #1 pick this year because you had to have a 1st round QB who would have been there in the 2nd. The previous 1st round pick you used on a QB is headed out of town.

Yeah, life is good there Riggo. I can see why making the playoffs and looking so mediocre is impressing you. [/sarcasm off]

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
theogt said:
This is what we were saying after 03, but we were seeing the same smoke and mirrors then as Washington put up last season.

This is were the poor management comes in. Good luck "moving ahead" with your paltry cap space and no #1 pick.

dallas lost some players after 03 and practically rebuilt. the skins are set at all positions- minus another safety and LB.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo said:
dallas lost some players after 03 and practically rebuilt. the skins are set at all positions- minus another safety and LB.
By set I assume you mean warm, upright bodies.