Packers with McCarthy as HC played a 3-4 defense

visionary

Reaction score
“employ undersized DEs (i.e., tweeners) at OLB
So you think that underzised DEs like Parsons or Watt playing OLB would “lack speed”?

This is some great information
Yeah, tell us more LOL

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
So you think that underzised DEs like Parsons or Watt playing OLB would “lack speed”?

This is some great information
Yeah, tell us more LOL
TJ Watt ran a 4.7 seven years and 10lbs ago. If you think he's going to get the angle on Lamar Jackson or Justin Fields then maybe you should tell us more :rolleyes:

zack

Reaction score
Is it just me or is it just simple to state that we don’t have 3 linebackers in our 4-3 defense? We don’t have a MLB. We don’t have two outside LBs. Basically they ran Nickel all year.
Dallas really needs to fix the linebacker situation and there’s no need to switch to a 3-4 defense.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
3-4, 4-3 doesn't matter. No matter what, this team needs bigger players in the front seven AND more speed rushers.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's near 50-50 on who employs it across the league as base D and fluctuates year to year based off new coaching hires.

We need a new NT and more lbers.

Interesting factoid Joe Whitt Jr comes from the Don Capers 3-4 background
we are missing several of the main pieces to run this, we could run a pressure variance but man the run defense would be worse...yeah i know but it would be worse..

visionary

Reaction score
TJ Watt ran a 4.7 seven years and 10lbs ago. If you think he's going to get the angle on Lamar Jackson or Justin Fields then maybe you should tell us more :rolleyes:
Yeah because the “fast” LBs playing in 4-3 defenses right now can catch Lamar LOL

Hes rushing for 800/season because 4-3 LBs are so fast

Please enlighten us more

Gambit

Reaction score
we are missing several of the main pieces to run this, we could run a pressure variance but man the run defense would be worse...yeah i know but it would be worse..
If we lose Quinn I do believe Joe Whitt Jr is the lead to get the DC spot. He comes from Dom Capers 3-4 System look for FA and draft to try and fill those pieces

Gambit

Reaction score
Is it just me or is it just simple to state that we don’t have 3 linebackers in our 4-3 defense? We don’t have a MLB. We don’t have two outside LBs. Basically they ran Nickel all year.
Dallas really needs to fix the linebacker situation and there’s no need to switch to a 3-4 defense.
They do and NT and C and LT and possibly 2 CB and 16 Free agents and possibly LVE retiring.

They have their work cut out for them

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just about time for a rebuild. There is no current version of our defense/DC that wins the SB next year.