Pacman... er... Adam

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2427329 said:
Wade needs to ask the players to vote here. If his teammates want him back then fine. If not, he's cut. Simple as that.

I like that idea. I mean 8 captains... let the leadership do its due.
Let's hear what the team says, not Jerry on this one. The locker room needs to be as cohesive as possible during the next 6 weeks and beyond.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
We need our punt returner back! Crayton just isn't doing it. With Pac it gives teams another area of concern that they normally wouldn't have when they play us without him.

He's ALSO only allowing 5.1 yards per completion in the secondary- something I'll take back ANY day of the week!

Gobble-gobble.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Doctor32;2427797 said:
Let's hear what the team says, not Jerry on this one. The locker room needs to be as cohesive as possible during the next 6 weeks and beyond.

I think that is a call for the GM and HC to make not the players. I could not envision Jimmy taking a vote on Curvin Richards. Many players would not want to deny player money

aikemirv

Reaction score
Doctor32;2427797 said:

And that is a good way to have a split lockerroom too. It would not make them cohesive, it might form some boundary lin and split the team.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
aikemirv;2427779 said:
Then cut him but there is no way I rely on him until he proves he can be a good boy on his own and let the team down again.

8 guys are inactive every week. It's a distraction either way. I don't see why my suggestion creates a bigger one than letting him play outright - I think it would be less. If Jerry comes out and says that he is going to make Adam prove himself before he plays again I don't see how that is a distraction unless Adam makes it one and if he does - Goodbye!

It isn't a distraction either way.

He's gone and it is done. He's still on the roster every week and you have to answer questions about him every week. He's in the locker room every week. He's likely dividing the team between guys who want him to play and guys who want him gone.

If he's here, he's got to be here all the way.

You failed Chemistry didn't you?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2427800 said:
We need our punt returner back! Crayton just isn't doing it. With Pac it gives teams another area of concern that they normally wouldn't have when they play us without him.

He's ALSO only allowing 5.1 yards per completion in the secondary- something I'll take back ANY day of the week!

Gobble-gobble.

Crayton has a better average - does not go backwards and does not cause penalties. Pacman has done Squat on punt returns - that is a joke. Crayton is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2427810 said:
It isn't a distraction either way.

He's gone and it is done. He's still on the roster every week and you have to answer questions about him every week. He's in the locker room every week. He's likely dividing the team between guys who want him to play and guys who want him gone.

If he's here, he's got to be here all the way.

You failed Chemistry didn't you?

You know what, only you can take a simple discussion and try to make people look stupid. By the way -so you think your "call for a player vote" is not suspect to the same lockerroom division heh?:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

dallas_112678

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2427778 said:
Let just cut his sorry butt. He was not doing the job when he was here. His punt returns were bad and did not show much as a CB. Heck I rather move on without him and a daily blasting of the Cowboys by the media saying how stupid we are for hanging on to this thug. Hell the HC many around here love (Jimmy Johnson) thinks Pacman is a joke and someone Dallas should not have brought in to begin with.

"and did not show much as a CB"

what? did you not see that article showing the stats of the CB play for the first half of the season? Pac WAS our best CB. Now Newman wasnt healthy then and Newman is most likely better than PAC, but i would rather have PAC back opposite of newman over the 2 rooks and henry. Also with PAC back this will give us more of a chance to truly move Henry to safety since he cant run anymore and we would then have 4 solid CB's.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
its not crayton or adam on punt returns that is the problem, it is the special team players that arent doing their job, just like on kickoff and punt coverage, the players arent tackling,and hitting, rather the opposite they are aborsbing hits and letting the opposition take it to them,

you cant do that on special teams you have to attack

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2427800 said:

Gobble-gobble.

Pacman was avg. 5 a return and a long of 18, Crayton avg. 11 yards with a long of 33. Where is the big return fear Pacman presents? As for CB play he was not doing much I rather stay with our rookies along with Newman than deal with that moron who can't stay out of trouble even with 24/7 supervision.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
aikemirv;2427818 said:
You know what, only you can take a simple discussion and try to make people look stupid. By the way -so you think your "call for a player vote" is not suspect to the same lockerroom division heh?:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

A vote leads to a decision. Leaving a guy hanging does not.

You can vote and move one. You cannot leave a guy hanging week after week and do the same.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dallas_112678;2427821 said:
"and did not show much as a CB"

what? did you not see that article showing the stats of the CB play for the first half of the season? Pac WAS our best CB. Now Newman wasnt healthy then and Newman is most likely better than PAC, but i would rather have PAC back opposite of newman over the 2 rooks and henry. Also with PAC back this will give us more of a chance to truly move Henry to safety since he cant run anymore and we would then have 4 solid CB's.

I watched him on several occation get beat on double moves getting turned around he is not that great. I would rather live with the rookies and their future with the club along with Newman than deal with a player who we don't know from week to week or day to day if he will even be on the roster because the man is flat out stupid. Stupid teams lose and we don't need any more idiots on this team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2427827 said:

You can vote and move one. You cannot leave a guy hanging week after week and do the same.

Players play it is not their call to make, that is why you have a GM and a HC. Players should not be forced to determine who gets released or stay.

aikemirv

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2427827 said:

Leaving him hanging - who cares if Pacman is in limbo. He made his bed. Simple solution, don't get in trouble and yOu will be playing again. I have been in enough voting situations and you don't just vote and move on. Discussion of the vote creates hard feelings that you just don't move on from the next day unless it is an overwhelming majority and I really doubt that would be the case.

A player vote has the potential to create many more problems than what I suggested among the players who would know what was going on. So you have no room to talk about Chemistry which I A'ced and you must have elected out of!

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
I too would welcome his return. on the field he is still dangerous. off the field he is just stupid in the directions he takes. we all know now that if he does get back in there will not be another chance again. his 9 lives would be up.JMO:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2427840 said:
I too would welcome his return. on the field he is still dangerous. off the field he is just stupid in the directions he takes. we all know now that if he does get back in there will not be another chance again. his 9 lives would be up.JMO:D

He would not get another chance? I tought when he signed he knew he would not get another chance?

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2427847 said:
He would not get another chance? I tought when he signed he knew he would not get another chance?
yeah i guess you are right..:D I fail

AbeBeta

Reaction score
aikemirv;2427836 said:
Leaving him hanging - who cares if Pacman is in limbo. He made his bed. Simple solution, don't get in trouble and yOu will be playing again. I have been in enough voting situations and you don't just vote and move on. Discussion of the vote creates hard feelings that you just don't move on from the next day unless it is an overwhelming majority and I really doubt that would be the case.

A player vote has the potential to create many more problems than what I suggested among the players who would know what was going on. So you have no room to talk about Chemistry which I A'ced and you must have elected out of!

again, you leave him hanging and then every week you've got this crap hanging over the player's heads - clearly the distraction screwed us against the Cards. You want more weeks like that?

And in most organizations, you vote and respect your colleagues if you were on the losing side. At least that is how it works with us grown ups.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2427881 said:
again, you leave him hanging and then every week you've got this crap hanging over the player's heads - clearly the distraction screwed us against the Cards. You want more weeks like that?

And in most organizations, you vote and respect your colleagues if you were on the losing side. At least that is how it works with us grown ups.

Sports is not one of those organization. HC and GM bring players in and they release player not member of the team. We have real problems if players are running the show it is not their call to make

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not an election fellas. Phillips needs to make the decision here. You start allowing the team to weigh in on stuff like this and you lose control. Pretty soon, the media twists the whole thing and starts making more of the story then it really is. That's exactly what Jones doesn't need. The less media attention, the better. You start asking players to vote on something and you'll have 40 guys wanting to create there own versions of what happened and how screwed up/inmates running wild VR is. Don't need it. Bad idea.

If he's re-instated, then he's re-instated. If not, then he aint. EOS and we can focus on what's important. Winning games and getting into the playoffs.

JMO