Pacman... er... Adam

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2427888 said:
Not an election fellas. Phillips needs to make the decision here. You start allowing the team to weigh in on stuff like this and you lose control. Pretty soon, the media twists the whole thing and starts making more of the story then it really is. That's exactly what Jones doesn't need. The less media attention, the better. You start asking players to vote on something and you'll have 40 guys wanting to create there own versions of what happened and how screwed up/inmates running wild VR is. Don't need it. Bad idea.

If he's re-instated, then he's re-instated. If not, then he aint. EOS and we can focus on what's important. Winning games and getting into the playoffs.

JMO

It should be a joint move between the GM Jerry Jones who his job as GM is to bring in the players and the coaches as well since he is the one who is dealing with the player. I don't believe Jerry and Parcells left it up to the players when we released Carter.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2427887 said:
Sports is not one of those organization. HC and GM bring players in and they release player not member of the team. We have real problems if players are running the show it is not their call to make

We also have real problems with players not leading. As I noted before, if players feel they have no say over issues like this -- ones where they are going to be subjected to a considerable distraction -- then they will never step up and lead. Jerry needs the player's feedback on this, especially given the yes man he's got at HC.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2427897 said:
It should be a joint move between the GM Jerry Jones who his job as GM is to bring in the players and the coaches as well since he is the one who is dealing with the player. I don't believe Jerry and Parcells left it up to the players when we released Carter.

That was a completely different situation -- here we are talking about whether to offer a 100th chance to a guy who keeps screwing up. He let his teammates down and the ensuing mess clearly affected the players. To not even consider the player's opinion on this would be silly as this is not a routine move.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2427950 said:
We also have real problems with players not leading. As I noted before, if players feel they have no say over issues like this -- ones where they are going to be subjected to a considerable distraction -- then they will never step up and lead. Jerry needs the player's feedback on this, especially given the yes man he's got at HC.

No Jerry doesn't he is the GM the player are paid to play not to determine who stays or goes that is the job of the GM and any team out there would not leave it up to players to make that call. Players also understand it is not their call to make this has nothing to do with leadership having players determine who is on the roster and who is not.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2427964 said:
That was a completely different situation -- here we are talking about whether to offer a 100th chance to a guy who keeps screwing up. He let his teammates down and the ensuing mess clearly affected the players. To not even consider the player's opinion on this would be silly as this is not a routine move.

No that is stupid to leave it up to players no team does that none. Players play that is what they are paid to do not to run the team you have GM and coaches who determine who is on the team. The players do not pay Pacman salary Jerry does the players did not have to fork over 200,000 because of Pacman action Jerry did These guys have played sports long enough to know how the chain of command works.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2427973 said:
No Jerry doesn't he is the GM the player are paid to play not to determine who stays or goes that is the job of the GM and any team out there would not leave it up to players to make that call. Players also understand it is not their call to make this has nothing to do with leadership having players determine who is on the roster and who is not.

And that's why we have no leadership. Players feel they have no say, even over decisions that are going to cause them considerable distractions. A good GM understands that and would at minimum go to the defensive captains for feedback

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2427990 said:
No that is stupid to leave it up to players no team does that none. Players play that is what they are paid to do not to run the team you have GM and coaches who determine who is on the team. The players do not pay Pacman salary Jerry does the players did not have to fork over 200,000 because of Pacman action Jerry did These guys have played sports long enough to know how the chain of command works.

Chain of command?

You mean like players bypassing the coach to go to Jerry about the defensive scheme?

Yeah, these guys are all about chain of command.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2427998 said:
And that's why we have no leadership. Players feel they have no say, even over decisions that are going to cause them considerable distractions. A good GM understands that and would at minimum go to the defensive captains for feedback

Oh please get a clue that has nothing to do with leadership, Jimmy Johnson did not walk around asking hey guys who should I cut, he cut players and made other realize that you mess up you could be out of here just as well. There is no election on a sports team it does not work that way. No team worth their salt is asking guys who stay and who goes it is not a democracy you do things that you are told to do and as a player you know what you are responsible for. This is not little league, they don’t hand out kudos so everyone feels good about themselfs

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2428004 said:
Chain of command?

You mean like players bypassing the coach to go to Jerry about the defensive scheme?

Yeah, these guys are all about chain of command.

They did not bypass the coach, they made it known and that only took place once Newman got back and the coaches gave him the oppertunity to go out there and take out the best WR the skins had. That is much different than determining who stays on the team and who doesn't. Get a clue

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2427950 said:

Players have no say in terms of personnel. That's just the way it is. Further, it's the way it should be. Players lead in the locker room and on the field. You start letting them have power over personnel and your asking for trouble IMO. Good team leadership will get the message through to the coaching staff and then it's the decision of the coaching staff, or it should be. Jerry will have his say, to be sure but the decision needs to come from Phillips IMO. Ask the players and all that does is undermine Phillips and the coaching staff.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Wade has to step up and make the call here.

If he decides to let him back, then the minute he gets back in the lockerroom, the leaders need to call QBert on the carpet. Make him understand that while he has the support of all his teammates, if he lets them down again, they're done with him. This needs to be done in front of the entire team. IDC, call a players only meeting, do it elsewhere, whatever.

QBert needs to understand that he was brought here not to be babysat but to help this team win and when he screws up even in the slightest, he's not just screwing himself, he's screwing our football team.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Hostile;2427307 said:
Gut feeling.

You know Gut in german means good. So someone may also translate your feeling into a good feeling about Pacman.

No offense i just like those play of words. ;-)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2428037 said:
They did not bypass the coach, they made it known and that only took place once Newman got back and the coaches gave him the oppertunity to go out there and take out the best WR the skins had. That is much different than determining who stays on the team and who doesn't. Get a clue

I was talking about Ellis. But nice way to show how clued in you are.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2428043 said:
Players have no say in terms of personnel. That's just the way it is. Further, it's the way it should be. Players lead in the locker room and on the field. You start letting them have power over personnel and your asking for trouble IMO. Good team leadership will get the message through to the coaching staff and then it's the decision of the coaching staff, or it should be. Jerry will have his say, to be sure but the decision needs to come from Phillips IMO. Ask the players and all that does is undermine Phillips and the coaching staff.

ordinarily I would say players should have no say in terms of personnel. but when you are talking about bringing in a guy who creates a big distraction for players, it becomes their business.

of course, you are agreeing with me by saying that good team leadership will get the message to the staff -- same idea

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2428186 said:
ordinarily I would say players should have no say in terms of personnel. but when you are talking about bringing in a guy who creates a big distraction for players, it becomes their business.

of course, you are agreeing with me by saying that good team leadership will get the message to the staff -- same idea

Don't agree at all. Good leadership will have the ability to give there input to the Coaching Staff. That's not the same as taking a team vote to decide if the player stays or goes. Players have no say, period. It only invites more trouble if you create that situation. The first time TNew gets hurt again or whomever, the second guessers all come out and start creating trouble. Well, that's why you don't have players making decisions that the HC should be making etc. Then it becomes a distraction for the team. If the guy comes back and is on the team, there are other ways to handle this issue. He can be on the team but that doesn't mean he has to play. He can just play ST or he can be cut outright. Players do not need to be involved in making this call IMO.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2428203 said:
Don't agree at all. Good leadership will have the ability to give there input to the Coaching Staff. That's not the same as taking a team vote to decide if the player stays or goes. Players have no say, period. It only invites more trouble if you create that situation. The first time TNew gets hurt again or whomever, the second guessers all come out and start creating trouble. Well, that's why you don't have players making decisions that the HC should be making etc. Then it becomes a distraction for the team. If the guy comes back and is on the team, there are other ways to handle this issue. He can be on the team but that doesn't mean he has to play. He can just play ST or he can be cut outright. Players do not need to be involved in making this call IMO.

And good leaders are going to get a sense of what the players want. You are getting lost in the semantics -- if leaders have an input then the players DO have a say. Be it a formal vote or leaders asking the players what they think or simply reporting on the mood of the players toward possible decisions -- that is ALL about players having a say.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2428320 said:
And good leaders are going to get a sense of what the players want. You are getting lost in the semantics -- if leaders have an input then the players DO have a say. Be it a formal vote or leaders asking the players what they think or simply reporting on the mood of the players toward possible decisions -- that is ALL about players having a say.

I don't believe that's the case. You saying the players should get a vote. I'm saying no, that shouldn't happen. I'll listen to what people think but at the end of the day, I will make the call. That, to me, is not semantics. However, if you wish to see the two as the same, that's fine. I don't see it that way but everybody sees things different.