Pacman Jones - REINSTATED!

Reaction score
I'm not particularly thrilled he's back but he could come in handy during our tough end of season stretch and during the playoffs especially if we have to face the Boldin and Fitz combo.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Eskimo;2430472 said:
Anyone who is not blind will offer nothing for him. He may be the worst CB in the league, beating out Reeves for the honour this year.

I find humor in people who judge just to judge. Ive scraped the bottom of my barrel a few times. My family was there to save me.

Excuse me while I continue to support Pacman trying to do better and get his life turned around. It can be a slow process for some. It was for me.

Half of you don't even realize what it's like to look from the bottom. Most of you should probably save your judgmental ways and energy for something better and far more beneficial than piling on Adam Jones just to pile on Adam Jones.

You will NOT be getting any Christmas card from my family this year. :eek::

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;2430483 said:
so he's not allowed to play until the pitt game or he just won't?
Sounds to me like they are holding him out until he is back up to speed.

I would insert him this week and move on.

CoCo

Reaction score
Rampage;2430483 said:
so he's not allowed to play until the pitt game or he just won't?

Stop and think about it.

He was already still rusty before suspension. Now he's been out of camp for another 5 weeks. What's his conditioning even like?

I think its very predictable that they're not going to immediately put him into games again.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
FCBarca;2430392 said:
Apparently Jerry says that first game Pac would possibly plays is Dec 7 against Pittsburgh
I say Dallas sticks with their current game plan through the rest of the season; don't do anything to derail the pretty amazing development of Scandrick/Jenkins. Keep Adam Jones as a backup player (or slot at best). Just b/c he's back doesn't mean he has to start or get lots of reps IMO.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2430486 said:
Sounds to me like they are holding him out until he is back up to speed.

I would insert him this week and move on.
I agree even if it was just on returns or Dime situations replkacing Henry.
CoCo;2430491 said:
Stop and think about it.

He was already still rusty before suspension. Now he's been out of camp for another 5 weeks. What's his conditioning even like?

I think its very predictable that they're not going to immediately put him into games again.
he was rusty yet stats show he was our best cb when playing also because tnew was hurt.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;2430496 said:
I agree even if it was just on returns or Dime situations replkacing Henry.

he was rusty yet stats show he was our best cb when playing also because tnew was hurt.
If he is better than Ball it is to our advantage.

CoCo

Reaction score
Dallas;2430482 said:
I find humor in people who judge just to judge. Ive scraped the bottom of my barrel a few times. My family was there to save me.

Excuse me while I continue to support Pacman trying to do better and get his life turned around. It can be a slow process for some. It was for me.

Half of you don't even realize what it's like to look from the bottom. Most of you should probably save your judgmental ways and energy for something better and far more beneficial than piling on Adam Jones just to pile on Adam Jones.

This is the treatment you get from some for making mistakes. Should he be held accountable? Absolutely! But most of the time it takes time for people to learn a new way to walk. And sometimes they fall again a couple times or more.

The only reason Pacman was suspended was for his prior offenses. If this little hotel scuffle had happened to most other players it would have hardly been an issue. And I'm not saying it should be any other way.

But I am saying that zero tolerance for Pacman means his judgment needs to be BETTER than most players. What are the chances that Pac, who started with obviously far WORSE judgment than most, can instantly have better judgment than most and never slip up simply because he got suspended?

This is why Jerry assigned him a chaperone.

I don't really care whether the Cowboys take him back or not. But as far as straigtening out his life he has my full support if that is what he really wants to do.

My real point is that the road to full recovery is often marked with relapses even when the individual is sincere in their quest. Goodell may not tolerate misteps for league image reasons but I hope he finds enough grace amongst others to help him maximize his recovery in the long haul.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2430429 said:
He'll be traded this off season as I predicted.

:wink2:

So he's going to Miami for Beck?? Are we getting anything in return or are we giving?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Dallas;2430482 said:

Oh, we all hope he does better with his life.

But he can do it in the CFL, not as a Dallas Cowboy.

Personally, I'll save my sympathy for the millions of kids from disadvantaged and troubled backgrounds who haven't been fortunate enough to have TONS of resources from two billion-dollar organizations devoted to helping them live a better life.

CoCo

Reaction score
Irvin made a few mistakes again even when he narrowly avoided jail time and got probation instead.

Sometimes it takes awhile to make changes stick.

As I said, I don't really care if he's a Cowboy or not. But I do think its a mistake to write off his rehab chances just because he had a misstep.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Merde, now no matter what we will be criticized.

Bring him back, we are buttheads as he will ruin the team. Don't bring him back and we are buttheads as we can use him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rampage;2430442 said:
woohoo!!!:jackpot: I wonder why he won't play till the pitt game though.

From what I understand it's because the team is going to wait to get him back into game shape before putting him back out there.

Romo2Owens4six;2430451 said:
turns into a 6 game suspension

Was this mentioned somewhere? If so I missed it. I thought they reported on ESPN that the Cowboys simply weren't playing him for the next 2 games cause he won't be in game shape.

Dallas;2430482 said:

And people like you should save your judgement and energy for things you actually know about before you bother with this tired and flawed argument for why someone shouldn't have an opinion on a person.

Just about everyone, I would imagine, has at least known, or been very close with, someone whose made a large amount of mistakes in their lives, if they themselves didn't make a lot of them.

So throwing out that wasted "You probably have no idea" stuff is one of the most lame things people throw out to try and defend someone who screws up a bunch.

You got straightened up, and I applaud you for that, but don't think for one minute that I'm some how obligated, or anyone else is for that matter, to cut someone else some slack before they've shown even the smallest amount of ability to stay out of trouble.

If you were still out screwing up, all the time, there would be absolutely no reason to give you the benefit of the doubt cause you'd have shown you didn't deserve it. Once you did that's a whole different ball game.

And while your family supported you, as they should to some extent, that has zero bearing, what so ever, on the fans of a football team and one of the players whose shown zero ability to keep from being a knucklehead.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas

To the first poster I admire your forgiving and not being judgmental but why say that and then not want to send a Christmas card to those who do judge. Kind of judging those who judge.

CoCo;2430502 said:
This is the treatment you get from some for making mistakes. Should he be held accountable? Absolutely! But most of the time it takes time for people to learn a new way to walk. And sometimes they fall again a couple times or more.

The only reason Pacman was suspended was for his prior offenses. If this little hotel scuffle had happened to most other players it would have hardly been an issue. And I'm not saying it should be any other way.

But I am saying that zero tolerance for Pacman means his judgment needs to be BETTER than most players. What are the chances that Pac, who started with obviously far WORSE judgment than most, can instantly have better judgment than most and never slip up simply because he got suspended?

This is why Jerry assigned him a chaperone.

I don't really care whether the Cowboys take him back or not. But as far as straigtening out his life he has my full support if that is what he really wants to do.

My real point is that the road to full recovery is often marked with relapses even when the individual is sincere in their quest. Goodell may not tolerate misteps for league image reasons but I hope he finds enough grace amongst others to help him maximize his recovery in the long haul.

Very good post from someone who has been in the pit with the snakes. I admire you greatly. And you are correct. It is futile to try to rehabilitate someone and not give them some leeway. I mostly agree with Goodell for this suspension but I hope he follows those in charge of his rehab. They will expect reasonable actions from both sides.

Chocolate Lab;2430509 said:
Oh, we all hope he does better with his life.

But he can do it in the CFL, not as a Dallas Cowboy.

Personally, I'll save my sympathy for the millions of kids from disadvantaged and troubled backgrounds who haven't been fortunate enough to have TONS of resources from two billion-dollar organizations devoted to helping them live a better life.

It appears to me that Adam Jones has the social abilities of a child. When do we stop treating persons like children esp if they are actually still children? I don't know the answer to that. And I agree AJ has gotten some breaks that others never see.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Hahahahahhaha...here's a toast to the goodie-two shoes in this forum....:laugh2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CoCo;2430512 said:
Irvin made a few mistakes again even when he narrowly avoided jail time and got probation instead.

Sometimes it takes awhile to make changes stick.

As I said, I don't really care if he's a Cowboy or not. But I do think its a mistake to write off his rehab chances just because he had a misstep.

Agreed. My whole point is people need to actually walk a mile and see what a person goes through before trying to say what they would or should do.

I can tell by half the judgemental posts that these posters haven't had to grow up and go through trials like Pac has.

Go read about his life growing up and where he grew up. Now take that same kid coming out of college and give him 20 million.

People make mistakes and sometimes people need some more mistakes to happen before it finally gels for them. It was so for me and why I support Adam right now. I am hoping that this is finally the key that turns the bulb on for him.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
el_chevo;2430523 said:
Hahahahahhaha...here's a toast to the goodie-two shoes in this forum....:laugh2:

HAHAHAHAH

:cheers: to the children of our fine community! :)