Pacman, our best corner

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Henry should be nickel at best and Pac should be starting opposite TNew...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sacase;2310173 said:
Ok Pacman has really stepped up his game, he is always knocking balls away and brining his guy down. The longer the season goes the better he will get. Now if he can just work on his hands, he will be a pro bowler. At this point he is better than Newman and Henry.
At this point I think it's pretty obvious he is our best CB. No argument from me.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
coogrfan;2310323 said:
What games have you people been watching?

How many times this season have we seen Q-Bert nowhere near the guy he was supposed to be covering? How many picks has he dropped? Has he done anything positive as a returner?

To this point he's been no better than Jacques Reeves.

jacque reeves got torched today

coogrfan

Reaction score
Rack;2310338 said:
Being as it painfully obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about and that you'll NEVER offer anything to me as far as a football conversation...

welcome to my ignore list.

All right, prove me wrong. Can you name a single play the guy has made in five games?

Btw, Reeves has an interception this season. That's one more than his replacement, and in one less game to boot.

coogrfan

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2310368 said:
jacque reeves got torched today

Not really. The only significant reception he gave up was the last td, and that was just a great throw by Peyton Manning and an amazing catch by Wayne.

I'm not saying Reeves is good, I just haven't seen the obvious upgrade the Pacman backers spoke of when we signed him. Hopefully it's just a year's worth of rust.

khiladi

Reaction score
coogrfan;2310455 said:
Not really. The only significant reception he gave up was the last td, and that was just a great throw by Peyton Manning and an amazing catch by Wayne.

I'm not saying Reeves is good, I just haven't seen the obvious upgrade the Pacman backers spoke of when we signed him. Hopefully it's just a year's worth of rust.

Has Pac-man given up a TD? If you think Pac-man isn't playing well, especially after a year off, you don't know what your talking about.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
coogrfan;2310455 said:

:lmao: You can't be serious. Are you really supporting the jettisoned Mr. 15 yard cushion.. Touchdown!? That guy was downright brutal last year and Pacman is currently our best cover corner. The scary thing is he has so much room to improve after having been away for a year.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I don't know who sits but it's a must that Pac become part of the starting lineup. He's athletic and quick.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;2310613 said:
I don't know who sits but it's a must that Pac become part of the starting lineup. He's athletic and quick.

Henry is a piece of never ending burnt toast.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2310624 said:
Henry is a piece of never ending burnt toast.

Henry has lost a step he can't afford to lose.

If he isn't up at the line getting physical with a WR, he is next to useless.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2310608 said:
:lmao: You can't be serious. Are you really supporting the jettisoned Mr. 15 yard cushion.. Touchdown!? That guy was downright brutal last year and Pacman is currently our best cover corner. The scary thing is he has so much room to improve after having been away for a year.

What I'm saying is that to date I haven't seen the obvious upgrade Q-Bert was supposed to bring to our secondary.

I have seen all 4 of of the Texans games this season, and the fact is Reeves hasn't been that bad. Part of that is probably due to the fact that he isn't the obvious target he was in Dallas (the entire Texans secondary wears a bullseye :cool: ), but JR has also made some plays reminiscent of his generally solid 2006 season.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
he is not our best CB, Newman is by far

he is doing ok, but he got beat like a drum alot today too, totally turned around on several plays..not to mention the dropped gimmee he had that ended up costing us pts

I think he'll be fine as the yr wears on, but he is not as good as Newman when Newman is 100%

sacase

Reaction score
dbair1967;2310716 said:
he is not our best CB, Newman is by far

he is doing ok, but he got beat like a drum alot today too, totally turned around on several plays..not to mention the dropped gimmee he had that ended up costing us pts

I think he'll be fine as the yr wears on, but he is not as good as Newman when Newman is 100%

Sorry but Newman hasn't shown me squat in a long time. Newman has been smoked far more than pacman has.

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
sacase;2310173 said:
Ok Pacman has really stepped up his game, he is always knocking balls away and brining his guy down. The longer the season goes the better he will get. Now if he can just work on his hands, he will be a pro bowler. At this point he is better than Newman and Henry.

I agree

Reaction score
I think Dallas should be playing press man coverage because WR's are running too free... Wade Phillips needs to get that through his melon head!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
sacase;2310819 said:
Sorry but Newman hasn't shown me squat in a long time. Newman has been smoked far more than pacman has.

Try paying attention sometime.

sacase

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2311177 said:
Try paying attention sometime.

Try bringing something to the discussion next time. Other than a smart comment that serves no purpose.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
sacase;2311185 said:
Try bringing something to the discussion next time. Other than a smart comment that serves no purpose.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Should I list all of the catches allowed by Newman and Jones, then let you try to explain how "Newman has been smoked far more" than Jones?