Pacman, our best corner

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
sacase;2311185 said:
Try bringing something to the discussion next time. Other than a smart comment that serves no purpose.

Asking Adam to bring something to the discussion is like saying to a mob man, "Hey I bet you wont shoot me."

You know hes got ammo.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
Pacman showed that if you let him play Man rather than Zone, he is a great CB. I think our defenses needs to continue playine man, and they will only get better. We will see next week against Fitzgerald!!!

Will Newman be back??

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2311227 said:
Pacman showed that if you let him play Man rather than Zone, he is a great CB. I think our defenses needs to continue playine man, and they will only get better. We will see next week against Fitzgerald!!!

Will Newman be back??

I sit Newman as long as it takes even if its 4 games.

We can win without him, and I want him healthy when we really need him.

sacase

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2311198 said:
The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Should I list all of the catches allowed by Newman and Jones, then let you try to explain how "Newman has been smoked far more" than Jones?

Yes please do that would actualy be constructive. Also be sure to show how many passes AJ has broken up as well as how many times he has been targetted. I am waiting.

CATCH17;2311216 said:
Asking Adam to bring something to the discussion is like saying to a mob man, "Hey I bet you wont shoot me."

You know hes got ammo.

Once again, an idiotic comment that serves no purpose.

sacase

Reaction score
CATCH17;2311216 said:

You know hes got ammo.

Yes I know he can, which is why I asked for it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
sacase;2310819 said:
Sorry but Newman hasn't shown me squat in a long time. Newman has been smoked far more than pacman has.

yeah...um, ok

zeromaster

Reaction score
coogrfan;2310323 said:
What games have you people been watching?

How many times this season have we seen Q-Bert nowhere near the guy he was supposed to be covering? How many picks has he dropped? Has he done anything positive as a returner?

To this point he's been no better than Jacques Reeves.
How does channeling eduncan22 help?

What's next, videos?
:lmao:

ddh33

Reaction score
My favorite thing about Pacman, by far, is his competitiveness. That guy really gets after it, and he takes it personally when something gets completed on him. I think the big plays are going to come, but in the meantime, I'm pretty happy with the edge and nastiness he's bringing to the D.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;2310716 said:
he is not our best CB, Newman is by far

he is doing ok, but he got beat like a drum alot today too, totally turned around on several plays..not to mention the dropped gimmee he had that ended up costing us pts

I think he'll be fine as the yr wears on, but he is not as good as Newman when Newman is 100%

Sorry, David, but Adam Jones has been better THIS SEASON, so far.

Yeah, I agree that Newman is capable of being better, but he hasn't played better this season.

Even if the stats supported Newman, I'd still say Adam Jones has played better. Stats don't tell the whole story. They're useful at times, but if for some reason they showed Newman putting up better numbers than AJ then they're obviously lying (stats tend to do that).

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Pacman has played some good football for the Cowboys. He is going to get a pick soon. He'll catch one here, pretty soon. With Newman out, Dallas definately would have lost that game today without him

The only thing that got Pacman today, for the most part, was the zone and playing off in zone.

I'm biased, but I wouldn't take any corner over Terence Newman. None of them, nadda, zero...

Why can't we just enjoy both of them. If someone thinks Pacman is better, that's fine. If someone thinks Newman is better, that's fine. Just don't tear them down playing them off agaisnt one another. For crying out loud, they are on the same team.

I'll tell you one thing. I saw Palmer looking Pacman's way while he was covering Chad Johnson late in that game on his first read, and he had to go elsewhere. They didn't beat Pacman deep. Plus, he just about had two picks. Why can't we root for him to get the next ones, instead of tearing him down. As far as the punt returns go, he had a good return in this game, and the blocking has not been good.

Finally, when our corners are playing soft in zone on some plays, you can't blame them all the time for those catches. The WRs are getting to work freely in space. Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmenzadah left Dallas, and they didn't have huge days. Houshmendzadah went off on the Giants, that is why they almost beat them.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Don't annoint him just yet...

But he had a solid game. 2 passes hit him square in the hands lol. I think the rust is shaking off and he's getting back to his potential.

RomoToOwens

Reaction score
sacase;2310173 said:
Ok Pacman has really stepped up his game, he is always knocking balls away and brining his guy down. The longer the season goes the better he will get. Now if he can just work on his hands, he will be a pro bowler. At this point he is better than Newman and Henry.

No doubt he's playing at a much higher level than Newman or Henry. He's always around the ball batting it down or jarring it lose. It's great to have a corner with good ball skills for a change.

He'll catch one of 'em soon, and he'll break one for a TD eventually too.

arik1

Reaction score
anyone who says that Newman is better than Adam Jones right now needs to stop drinkin the koolaid cause Tnew is nothing more than a above avg corner - if you want to see what a real superstar corner look like, watch Cromartie from the Chargers...

I'm not saying Tnew sucks because he doesn't but he doesn't play with that nastiness or cockiness that the best corners have...Adam Jones has that mentality, so does Cromartie and you watch - Scandrick has the same thing - you can see it. Tnew is good but not great...not as physical as he should be for a guy his size..you can show me all the stats you want but give me someone who at least challenges receivers and plays with an edge.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
arik1;2311949 said:
anyone who says that Newman is better than Adam Jones right now needs to stop drinkin the koolaid cause Tnew is nothing more than a above avg corner - if you want to see what a real superstar corner look like, watch Cromartie from the Chargers...

Cromartie got taken to the woodshed by Brandon Marshall over and over and over.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Here's what I have for Newman and Jones allowing so far --

GAME 1
Newman inactive
Jones 0 catches, 0 yards (1 pass interference, 2 yards)

GAME 2
Newman 1 catch, 12 yards
Jones 5 catches, 87 yards

GAME 3
Newman 4 catches, 40 yards
Jones 6 catches, 92 yards

GAME 4
Newman 7 catches, 97 yards
Jones 1 catch, 9 yards (1 for 10 wiped out by offensive penalty)

GAME 5
Newman inactive
Jones 7 catches, 75 yards

TOTALS
Newman 12 catches, 149 yards
Jones 19 catches, 263 yards

OK, sacase, go ahead and explain how Newman has been "smoked far more" than Jones this season.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Ok, here it is. Pacman played a great game today. He is already better than I thought he would be at this point of the year. If both he and Newman play to their top form, Pac would always give up more plays and yards, but also make more impact plays than Newman. It's a difference in styles. Let's hope they both return to form and make up the best tandem in the NFL.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Paniolo22;2311976 said:
Ok, here it is. Pacman played a great game today. He is already better than I thought he would be at this point of the year. If both he and Newman play to their top form, Pac would always give up more plays and yards, but also make more impact plays than Newman. It's a difference in styles. Let's hope they both return to form and make up the best tandem in the NFL.

I know Jones has a reputation as a playmaker, but he has only four interceptions in 35 career games (one every 8.75 games). Newman has 16 in 80 games (one every 5.0 games).

If they both played at their top form, Newman would be one of the best shutdown cornerbacks in the league, and Jones would be one notch below him. And they both would occasionally make plays. Unfortunately this season, Newman has been injured, and Jones has been rusty and/or adjusting to a new defense.

Jones has been much more of a playmaker as a punt returner during his career, but he has been rusty at that, too.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
sacase;2310173 said:
Ok Pacman has really stepped up his game, he is always knocking balls away and brining his guy down. The longer the season goes the better he will get. Now if he can just work on his hands, he will be a pro bowler. At this point he is better than Newman and Henry.

Yup. I was very excited by his play yesterday. But i would not put him as our no 1 guy. henry is playing awfully good this season also.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2311965 said:
Here's what I have for Newman and Jones allowing so far --

GAME 1
Newman inactive
Jones 0 catches, 0 yards (1 pass interference, 2 yards)

GAME 2
Newman 1 catch, 12 yards
Jones 5 catches, 87 yards

GAME 3
Newman 4 catches, 40 yards
Jones 6 catches, 92 yards

GAME 4
Newman 7 catches, 97 yards
Jones 1 catch, 9 yards (1 for 10 wiped out by offensive penalty)

GAME 5
Newman inactive
Jones 7 catches, 75 yards

TOTALS
Newman 12 catches, 149 yards
Jones 19 catches, 263 yards

OK, sacase, go ahead and explain how Newman has been "smoked far more" than Jones this season.

Perfect example of stats not telling the whole story.

Plus, you left out the TDs given up by Newman.