Panthers interested in Will McClay?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is he a minority hire that would get us a draft pick from the league?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Is he a minority hire that would get us a draft pick from the league?
Yes but he is not a coach. That rule only applies to coaches. Mcclay is not a coach nor is he a general manager. That would be same as if they hired a janitor who is black and getting a comp pick.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Not surprising that the team with the worst draft track record in the league would like to speak to one of the best at running the draft.

I don't see any chance of McClay entertaining the Panthers. Him declining the Houston job a few years ago tells you everything you need to know. I think Will is comfortable with the Joneses and their structure and is passionate about helping restore a winning culture to the franchise.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Not surprising that the team with the worst draft track record in the league would like to speak to one of the best at running the draft.

I don't see any chance of McClay entertaining the Panthers. Him declining the Houston job a few years ago tells you everything you need to know. I think Will is comfortable with the Joneses and their structure and is passionate about helping restore a winning culture to the franchise.
Anyone who would leave the worlds richest sports franchise for a crap show like the panthers is not smart enough to be part of this organization to begin with. McClay does not strike me as dumb person

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Lol, did Washington cover? Are the games still rigged? How about the fake moon landing?
The games are still rigged. Yes the moon landing was fake. And it’s not Jimmy fault that jerry hired Dave campo and the woefully ineffective Jason Garrett

rambo2

Reaction score
The games are still rigged. Yes the moon landing was fake. And it’s not Jimmy fault that jerry hired Dave campo and the woefully ineffective Jason Garrett
I think that everybody on the board should read this and keep it in mind when talking to this guy.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
I think that everybody on the board should read this and keep it in mind when talking to this guy.
I think everyone need to keep in mind how you tried to blame Jimmy for Jerry taking the franchise in a nose dive for ten years. Until parcels came around and saved it. Than how it’s was bills fault that Jerry took us into another 10 year nose dive with wade and Jason.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Don't do it Will.......worst owner in the league

Your owner is GM so there will always be interest in a VP of Player Personnel that drafts starters, Pro Bowlers, All Pros, and finds UDFA that make your roster every year to contribute.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yes but he is not a coach. That rule only applies to coaches. Mcclay is not a coach nor is he a general manager. That would be same as if they hired a janitor who is black and getting a comp pick.
First, you are 100% wrong..........

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners...g-teams-for-developing-minority-coaches-execs

NFL owners pass resolution rewarding teams for developing minority coaches, execs
Published: Nov 10, 2020 at 04:16 PM
NFLShield
Around the NFL Staff
NFL.com

NFL owners approved a proposal that will reward teams for developing minority coaches and front office executives who go on to become head coaches and general managers for other organizations, Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Tuesday.

The measure is subject to NFL Players Association approval, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

Teams that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

Second, your example is silly