Panthers interested in Will McClay?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Pretty sure it is for executive hire too
It is Jack........he has no clue what he's talking about

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners...g-teams-for-developing-minority-coaches-execs

Around the NFL Staff

NFL.com

NFL owners approved a proposal that will reward teams for developing minority coaches and front office executives who go on to become head coaches and general managers for other organizations, Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Tuesday.
The measure is subject to NFL Players Association approval, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
Teams that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
First, you are 100% wrong..........

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners...g-teams-for-developing-minority-coaches-execs

NFL owners pass resolution rewarding teams for developing minority coaches, execs
Published: Nov 10, 2020 at 04:16 PM
NFLShield
Around the NFL Staff
NFL.com

NFL owners approved a proposal that will reward teams for developing minority coaches and front office executives who go on to become head coaches and general managers for other organizations, Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Tuesday.

The measure is subject to NFL Players Association approval, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

Teams that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

Second, your example is silly
So what kind of pick can Iowa get if they get rid of Kirk ferentz.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
What does this have to do with the thread? Just stop .........coz it appears you are race-baiting.
The topic is what do we get if will Mcclay goes somewhere else as a general manager. So idk what your problem is.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Kirk ferentz can’t recruit inner city athletes. Why do you think that is. Kirk needs to go. I say well what we can we get if we can get rid of him. It’s a joke.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
What does this have to do with the thread? Just stop .........coz it appears you are race-baiting.
This has nothing to do with race unless you’re admitting Kirk has a problem with minorities. The university has been sued by 19 black athletes claiming just that

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don’t think that rule applies for franchise executives. Coaches are separate from franchise executives. Mcclay is not a General manager. However Jerry is the general manager how much compensation do we get if the panthers hire him
I would give the Panthers a 3rd rounder to take Jerry, lol.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Don't do it Will.......worst owner in the league

Did not see this today. Ouch. This might be harder to replace than the coordinators! 2023 draft was the norm until this guy came along. And with the family ownership dynamic, and executive departments of this team, it’s going to be tough to find someone who can make it work. After reading the stories about their new owner, I would not touch Carolina at all. Looking like another Dan Snyder death trap.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Did not see this today. Ouch. This might be harder to replace than the coordinators! 2023 draft was the norm until this guy came along. And with the family ownership dynamic, and executive departments of this team, it’s going to be tough to find someone who can make it work. After reading the stories about their new owner, I would not touch Carolina at all. Looking like another Dan Snyder death trap.
Agree 100%......IF Jerry is smart, he would lock Will into 5-10 contract. Let's be honest, no one outside the family has gotten as close to this team with as much influence as Will. So if you let him walk, who are you replacing him with? If he's mulling the opportunities, that should tell Jerry all he needs to know........he wants more power/input.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree 100%......IF Jerry is smart, he would lock Will into 5-10 contract. Let's be honest, no one outside the family has gotten as close to this team with as much influence as Will. So if you let him walk, who are you replacing him with? If he's mulling the opportunities, that should tell Jerry all he needs to know........he wants more power/input.
Let's just give the deed of the franchise to Will.
5-10 years do I dare to ask why?
Oh, my bad forgot all those SB trophies we have won with Will wheeling and dealing.
Will is another YES man one of many Jerry has around him since 1995.