Twitter: Panthers make McCaffrey highest paid RB

starfan1

Reaction score
you know this thread has gone 15 pages for what? It dont mean that Zeke is garbage the guy is very good but so is McCaffery. I personally think hes better than zeke and should get more $ but that can be debated. The bottom line is I think that both organizations overpaid their running backs and without looking at the Carolina payroll the cowboys have much more cap concerns and contract issues than Carolina.

I wasnt a big fan at drafting Zeke #4 when we did it but it is what it is. Im not sure we have heard the last of his issues but hopefully hes learned. If someone offered me a trade straight up for Christian Id do it in a second prior to his contract yesterday.

Ill also be man enough to admit Zeke isn't exactly my favorite player on the roster but i like him better than Dlaw so hes got that going for him. Like he cares lol

GMO415

Reaction score
Well.....he's doomed now. Hahaha. JK. I like that kid.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Hear me out, this is one of several things I don’t understand and why I criticize certain posters for constantly making excuses for Zeke. When Zeke had bad games a few main excuses would always come up, one being the O line, the other being we didn’t give him the ball enough and another being that he was so good teams would take him out of the game.

So why does McCaffrey not get the benefit of the O line excuse like Zeke does? Why is it that McCaffrey had several more touches than Zeke but never had to take himself out of the game? If McCaffrey is their only weapon, how is he still putting up amazing numbers, after all aren’t teams trying to take him out of the game like they did for Zeke when he had bad games?

There’s too many contradictions and hypocrisy. The same excuses that apply to Zeke don’t apply to McCaffrey. I’m not pointing the finger directly at you but when I bring these points up Zeke’s fan boys get upset but don’t reply with logical answers.

Not to mention, Zeke literally couldn’t handle the carries he was given and now people think the only reason he didn’t keep up with McCaffreys numbers was because he wasn’t getting the ball enough?! Lol.

Did I ever say that Zeke never has a bad game? Thank you very much. Because we have way more weapons Zeke is not nor should he handle the ball more than CM, IF so why in the h--- are we paying Coop. Listen we will continue to disagree so lets move on. Peace and One Love my man.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Zeke was actually VERY bad at them. Him in the open field is not a winning proposition. We could always tell when Pollard was the one in, the play had a better result.

We threw more to Zeke his rookie year but then again not every team has red and his bad OC at the helm either.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Zeke did not deserve it McCaffrey sure as hell does not deserve it.

Zeke has won rushing title 2 of the 4 years and even in 2017 his yards per game was the highest in the league, he gets suspended on a bogus charge that even the NFL woman investigating the claims felt no action should be taken.

Last season Zeke was in top 5 in rushing yards. I would take Zeke any day.

aria

Reaction score
Did I ever say that Zeke never has a bad game? Thank you very much. Because we have way more weapons Zeke is not nor should he handle the ball more than CM, IF so why in the h--- are we paying Coop. Listen we will continue to disagree so lets move on. Peace and One Love my man.
I guess you missed my quote of “not pointing the finger at you” but you did continue to prove me right by not answering any of my questions so thanks for continuing the trend.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
All purpose yards means a lot when comparing these two, how doesn’t it? People keep changing their standards when talking about Zeke to prop him up as the best RB in the game whether it be the league rushing title, more receptions than other RB’s, blocking, etc and now receptions don’t matter because he has a lot less? Total yards don’t matter now because he has much less?

This is more than one year. In 2018, McCaffrey had less rushing yards, carried the ball about 80 less times but had a higher ypc average. That same year he also caught the ball about 30 more times and averaged over almost a yard more per catch. Zeke barely edged him out in total yards, it was basically a wash so it wasn’t a one year wonder for McCaffrey and yes O lines absolutely, 100% make a BIG difference and McAffrey’s was inferior compared to Zeke’s.
You continuously discount the fact that the coaching failed to get Zeke involved in the passing game. Zeke has great hands and if the team had to use him in the passing game like CAR does with CMC he would have similar all purpose yds. I don't think there is any question. But on the flip side if CMC was used like Zeke has been used here I don't see him being nearly as successful. Just my opinion.

aria

Reaction score
If Zeke did not deserve it McCaffrey sure as hell does not deserve it.

Zeke has won rushing title 2 of the 4 years and even in 2017 his yards per game was the highest in the league, he gets suspended on a bogus charge that even the NFL woman investigating the claims felt no action should be taken.

Last season Zeke was in top 5 in rushing yards. I would take Zeke any day.
Because McCaffrey has done a lot more with a lot less.

aria

Reaction score
You continuously discount the fact that the coaching failed to get Zeke involved in the passing game. Zeke has great hands and if the team had to use him in the passing game like CAR does with CMC he would have similar all purpose yds. I don't think there is any question. But on the flip side if CMC was used like Zeke has been used here I don't see him being nearly as successful. Just my opinion.
Similar all purpose yards? McCaffrey had 50 more touches and almost 600 more total yards IIRC. That’s a lot of touches and a lot of yards for zeke to catch up to when he can’t even handle his current work load and is tapping out on critical 3rd downs.

dckid

Reaction score
McCaffrey is a completely different animal than the others he mentioned and I agree with you on Saquon. So that leaves Saquon, Bell and Zeke.

Those aren’t exactly teams I would want to model my own after from a personnel and winning standpoint. There’s a reason the Giants and Jets suck and the Cowboys are mediocre and look at one thing they all have in common that no other team does. At least the Rams were smart enough to clean house of all their bad contracts, even if Gurley didn’t have injury history I bet he would have been gone.
Agreed.
There is no one size fits all rule. QB's are now overpaid as we all know so that's why teams that have a QB on a rookie deal have the biggest advantage in the NFL. See the Chiefs, Rams, Eagles, Cowboys (Before paying QB), Seattle in 2012, Rams in 2018
CMC is a beast and I think Zeke while not the same pass catcher, can have that impact on a offense. Zeke should be catching 6-8 balls per game. He is a game changer and Cowboys should treat him as such.

The Rams are in serious trouble. Yes they have some talent and McVay who is their best asset. I am sure they will get better on offense.
The problem with them is they have to pay too many guys and have no draft picks. They paid Gurley a year early and honestly didn't have to even pay him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

He has a quality OL, so making that claim is no more than your opinion which is fine. People holler about Zeke getting paid then turn around and claim oh McCaffrey deserves it , is a laughable.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Cmc is still only 23, and his ceiling hasn't even been exposed yet.
He is a one man wrecking crew, that has already done everything the right way, and deserved every penny that Carolina just payed.
Very smart on the Panthers FO to actually realize and identify greatness in this less than gladiator level playing field.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Team success? LOL

Just shows how desperate you are. As if that ever proved who the great RB's were.

Jim Brown I guess he sucked too right?

Clueless HOMER. Zeke is getting roasted all over this thread.
Check your history. The Browns were very successful with Jim Brown played. They finished 1st in the east 4 times and went to the NFL championship 3x during his 9 years, winning one title.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I’m in North Carolina and watch the Panthers a lot because most of my friends are Panthers fans.CM would not have had the same success in our offense, not to say he wouldn’t have put up good numbers. I just don’t think he would have taken the constant pounding of handoffs straight up the middle so much. And the Panthers offensive coaches did a good job of scheming him in the passing game and the quarterbacks were pretty good at hitting him in stride on short routes and wheel routes. He did get stuffed in the short game down at the goal line a few times when I was watching and a couple of those was on fourth down. He also got a lot of yardage late in the games when the Panthers were down big. But he is one heck of a ballplayer and would love to have him. It is hard to compare him and Zeke because they are two totally different style of running backs, but both are great.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Check your history. The Browns were very successful with Jim Brown played. They finished 1st in the east 4 times and went to the NFL championship 3x during his 9 years, winning one title.

A little before my time :thumbup:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I guess you missed my quote of “not pointing the finger at you” but you did continue to prove me right by not answering any of my questions so thanks for continuing the trend.

You made some good points but so did I.