Twitter: Panthers make McCaffrey highest paid RB

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its hilarious all those here said Zekes great but dont pay any RB that much, you can draft them cheap, a dime a dozen, also a lot here say dont draft in the first round..

you dont realize there are players like Zeke and CM that are different they are elite and they will be drafted high and paid high..they arent traded or discarded with the just really good players are..

all that narratives will continue to be broken when elite players are recognized as not just productive players but players who fill seats, sell jerseys, and become the face of the franchise..I imagine if SB can continue at a high pace hes next..however injury could be his issue as was Dalvin cook and others..you have to be durable and productive , you have to be great in all phases....

the Zeke haters will argue CM is better, hes not, hes different, if the old bonehead staff used zeke in the pass game like CM and others have been used, zekes would still have similar numbers, he can catch and run like the best of them, regardless of the hollows ARGUMENTS EE trolls will continue to make. doesnt matter hes got the deal , set the market and other backs will benefit as did CM..Im betting CM is texting Zeke to say TY..

last narrative busted is the rumor had it that CM would hold out , he has an agent that forces trades or big deals and off how the panthers didn't try and put the 5th year on him and paid him after hey look, THREE YEARS!!!

I so love this deal because it shows how wrong the haters are about zeke and special RBs, they are NOT all the same as any other position, there are about five great ones deemed élite, then the rest..

I dont care what replies you make trying to convince me otherwise, Im a Zeke supporter and he now isnt the highest paid so that little argument week in and week out will fade away..

lastly little blurb I heard on PFT Live this morning when referring to CMs new deal is they and to pay him as they paid TB 21mil and no longer have Luke or Cam and of TB is worth 21 for sure CM is worth 16.. it holds true here If dak can get 33mil, tank 20, AC 20 you guys are insane to think whats Zekes done since 2016 until present isnt worth being the 4th highest player on the team, you are a troll hater and all your hate words fall on deaf ears here..

go away haters most of you are already blocked and more to come..

Last edited:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
A large portion of our fan base turns on players when they get paid. Period. Been like that here back in the days when guys like Marion Barber got his contract

blueblood70

Reaction score
He is better than Zeke - I read it right here already 4-5 times!
Hes not they are different players style wise , when zeke was thrown the ball , he made things happen. Bad coaching led to less production in the pass game..Zekes a complete back in all phases and not uses properly as Pollard got to see last year..thats staff is gone..

blueblood70

Reaction score
A large portion of our fan base turns on players when they get paid. Period. Been like that here back in the days when guys like Marion Barber got his contract
difference is Barbers not Zeke, zeke earned his deal..but you are correct that hate meter goes way up around here and odd how money somehow makes fan rebel instead of get this

SUPPORT THE PLAYERS WEARING THE STAR, ITS WHY YOU OWN JERSEYS AND WATCH THE GAMES NOT ABOUT THE BUSINESS SIDE, ITS ABOUT WHOS OUT ON THE FIELD PLAYING..

this isnt fantasy football or internet gm games we aren't capologiosts..just get back to the football side of it..less of this BS troll garbage would be great..

aikemirv

Reaction score
Hes not they are different players style wise , when zeke was thrown the ball , he made things happen. Bad coaching led to less production in the pass game..Zekes a complete back in all phases and not uses properly as Pollard got to see last year..thats staff is gone..
I think most people realize I was being sarcastic - I hope so!

Doomsday101

Reaction score

True, then again win a SB and they tend not to care as much about the pay. Few complained when Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith were paid the highest paid players at that time. However in the end they won championships.
If McCarthy can get this team playing to that level few will complain about the pay.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t have that answer. Of course all of these guys want to get paid.
Saquon will unless he gets injured because the Giants were dumb enough to draft him that high.
Fournette a hard no.
Henry hasn’t been paid yet.
Cook has had one good year let’s see if he stays healthy and even then the Vikes will find a replacement.
Chubb is really good.
You said only 3 or 4 teams would pay top dollar for a running back so I asked you which ones wouldn't get paid since Bell, Zeke and McCaffer are already 3 players team paid high dollar. Its really 4 with the Rams paying Gurley but since they cut him I won't count him.

starfan1

Reaction score
difference is Barbers not Zeke, zeke earned his deal..but you are correct that hate meter goes way up around here and odd how money somehow makes fan rebel instead of get this

SUPPORT THE PLAYERS WEARING THE STAR, ITS WHY YOU OWN JERSEYS AND WATCH THE GAMES NOT ABOUT THE BUSINESS SIDE, ITS ABOUT WHOS OUT ON THE FIELD PLAYING..

this isnt fantasy football or internet gm games we aren't capologiosts..just get back to the football side of it..less of this BS troll garbage would be great..

So with that in mind do you support Dak in the manner you do Zeke? I think if we scroll a bit through some Dak threads it may tell a different story. Its really about preference with fans always has always will. I loved Troy aikman and Roger the dodger. Tony not as much therefore I would find ways to be critical. I liked Emmitt and Tony a bunch. current knucklehead not as much.

On Sundays though i root hard for everyone from Dan Bailey to Dez Bryant to our current roster.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You said only 3 or 4 teams would pay top dollar for a running back so I asked you which ones wouldn't get paid since Bell, Zeke and McCaffer are already 3 players team paid high dollar. Its really 4 with the Rams paying Gurley but since they cut him I won't count him.

Next year you can expect Saquon Barkley making noise as he heads into the final year of his deal in NY

blueblood70

Reaction score
So with that in mind do you support Dak in the manner you do Zeke? I think if we scroll a bit through some Dak threads it may tell a different story. Its really about preference with fans always has always will. I loved Troy aikman and Roger the dodger. Tony not as much therefore I would find ways to be critical. I liked Emmitt and Tony a bunch. current knucklehead not as much.

On Sundays though i root hard for everyone from Dan Bailey to Dez Bryant to our current roster.
yes I will if he is signed, hes not our QB right now and I do like dak but dont think he should be the highest player in the league as hes not on that level//

Zeke didnt make or brake any NFL records with contracts..the RB is still way underpaid compared to the DE, QB, and WRs and they have way less opportunity's for a 2nd big deal, I supported his holdout given the facts. Zeke also took a team friendly deal in the way it is structured..I look at positions as great players and the hierarchy.. Zeke deserve to be the 3rd 4th highest player on the team, period..

IMO Dak shouldn't not be holding out for 35mil , if he takes the 33/105 like really is still too much at least hes , the issue ive taken is daks got an ego issue as not only does he want the most money he wasn't the biggest bonus and the shortest years.. hes the only player in recent DC history to not come to the middle and at least make sacrifice in one part of his deal and I take issue with that..

dudes a2nd tier player maybe top 10 offered top 5 money and he rather reject it then to get on board for a big run.. the DC went out of their way to give him AC back at way more then AC deserves for same reason..yet Daks not refusing to even participate in online training.. hes got some ego issues needs ironing out but once the lights come on for game one , ill be supporting Dak to succeed that s for sure..

you realize hes not a DC right now not under contract at all, so some are off the bandwagon and firing hate bullets , dont have to support a non cowboy player, Zeke was under contract for 2 more years, made concessions made it to game 1.. see the difference? :))

I want dak as our QB but take issue with his deal...im not demanding trades and wanting his replaced, thats big difference to the trolls on Zeke..

Im not pappy, you must have me mistaken for him..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Next year you can expect Saquon Barkley making noise as he heads into the final year of his deal in NY
I think he'll get paid before he makes noise honestly. I think the number is there. Mc got 16....Barkley is getting 16 or 17.......

Let me also say that for running backs these deals don't look nearly that bad. 16 million per for a player like McCaffery?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think he'll get paid before he makes noise honestly. I think the number is there. Mc got 16....Barkley is getting 16 or 17.......

Let me also say that for running backs these deals don't look nearly that bad. 16 million per for a player like McCaffery?

As people love to say it is what the market is. Gurley set that market and Zeke played off that as now we see with McCaffery and we will see with Barkley. I don't disagree about the notion of overpaying when I think most players are overpaid. NFL teams see the value of these RB and will pay up, not just the Cowboys.

dckid

Reaction score
Rocyaice,
Let me correct my self only a select few teams should pay their running back.
The Rams and Jets instantly regret paying their RB.
Me as a Cowboy fan do no regret paying Zeke. To me his is arguably the best RB in the league. He can pound the ball, and our new offense better involve him in the passing game. He should have 25 combined touches a game, pass him the ball 7-9 times a game.

starfan1

Reaction score
yes I will if he is signed, hes not our QB right now and I do like dak but dont think he should be the highest player in the league as hes not on that level//

Zeke didnt make or brake any NFL records with contracts..the RB is still way underpaid compared to the DE, QB, and WRs and they have way less opportunity's for a 2nd big deal, I supported his holdout given the facts. Zeke also took a team friendly deal in the way it is structured..I look at positions as great players and the hierarchy.. Zeke deserve to be the 3rd 4th highest player on the team, period..

IMO Dak shouldn't not be holding out for 35mil , if he takes the 33/105 like really is still too much at least hes , the issue ive taken is daks got an ego issue as not only does he want the most money he wasn't the biggest bonus and the shortest years.. hes the only player in recent DC history to not come to the middle and at least make sacrifice in one part of his deal and I take issue with that..

dudes a2nd tier player maybe top 10 offered top 5 money and he rather reject it then to get on board for a big run.. the DC went out of their way to give him AC back at way more then AC deserves for same reason..yet Daks not refusing to even participate in online training.. hes got some ego issues needs ironing out but once the lights come on for game one , ill be supporting Dak to succeed that s for sure..

you realize hes not a DC right now not under contract at all, so some are off the bandwagon and firing hate bullets , dont have to support a non cowboy player, Zeke was under contract for 2 more years, made concessions made it to game 1.. see the difference? :))

I want dak as our QB but take issue with his deal...im not demanding trades and wanting his replaced, thats big difference to the trolls on Zeke..

Im not pappy, you must have me mistaken for him..
Ok man. I dont mistake you for Pappy or Super k but Ive been on long enough to know that you arent far behind. Its OK though its your perogative to not like a player or be vocal about a player you deem average

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ok man. I dont mistake you for Pappy or Super k but Ive been on long enough to know that you arent far behind. Its OK though its your perogative to not like a player or be vocal about a player you deem average
I like the player, right now I dont like the person as is daks ego has become its own person.. I think pro Daks on the extreme side would admit over a beer hes being rigid and truly a man should demand all he can get but there a limit to the madeness.. Dak and his agent should know this and him wanting more then RW and not giving in at any of the part of the contract have turned me off of being a true supporter but I like dak , hope they get deal done but iill never agree he is anything but a really good tier 2 payer who is being bit greedy..33/105 was a great offer considering were he and this team is after 2019 8-8 2nd half of the season collapse which part of it was daks wild inconsistency's..I dont think AC should have got penny over 18 and that still more then zeke.

TR was one of my favorite DC of all time, Undrafted FA to owning most of the DC passing recprds..RUDY RUDY RUDY :))

starfan1

Reaction score
I like the player, right now I dont like the person as is daks ego has become its own person.. I think pro Daks on the extreme side would admit over a beer hes being rigid and truly a man should demand all he can get but there a limit to the madeness.. Dak and his agent should know this and him wanting more then RW and not giving in at any of the part of the contract have turned me off of being a true supporter but I like dak , hope they get deal done but iill never agree he is anything but a really good tier 2 payer who is being bit greedy..33/105 was a great offer considering were he and this team is after 2019 8-8 2nd half of the season collapse which part of it was daks wild inconsistency's..I dont think AC should have got penny over 18 and that still more then zeke.

TR was one of my favorite DC of all time, Undrafted FA to owning most of the DC passing recprds..RUDY RUDY RUDY :))

which probably clouds your view on our current QB. Not going to try and convince you that Dak is any more than a really good tier 2 player which was not much different than prior QB

starfan1

Reaction score
romo threw TD and INT at the exact same rate Peyton Manning did.
only in rooms such as this was he considered in the same hemisphere as Peyton Manning. He would more than likely be compared to the other manning. And unfortunately that one may very end up in the HOF while Romo will be a ROH guy and thats about it.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Zeke used to be better.. Not anymore.

This guy is a top RB that makes explosive plays and he’s also a really good Receiver too. Not like he’s good for a RB type of receiver but a legit Wide Receiver.
Zeke is a top RB. Easily in the top 5. And he’s a good pass catcher and a helluva blocker in pass pro.

And thankfully he’s no longer the highest paid RB. CMC can thank Zeke for the contract he just signed. When you’re a damn good RB, you can still get paid.