Twitter: Panthers make McCaffrey highest paid RB

aria

Reaction score
He has a quality OL, so making that claim is no more than your opinion which is fine. People holler about Zeke getting paid then turn around and claim oh McCaffrey deserves it , is a laughable.
Laughable. That’s not my opinion, that’s based on stats. Zeke had the 2nd best run blocking O line, McCaffrey had the 17th last year. I’ve seen excuses for Zeke when just one of our starters goes down but having a middle of the pack O line vs the second best doesn’t make a significant difference?

aria

Reaction score
Cmc is still only 23, and his ceiling hasn't even been exposed yet.
He is a one man wrecking crew, that has already done everything the right way, and deserved every penny that Carolina just payed.
Very smart on the Panthers FO to actually realize and identify greatness in this less than gladiator level playing field.
It was very smart of them indeed, had they waited another year or two his price would have been that much more. Sure he could injured or fizzle out but it would be worth the risk IMO.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It was very smart of them indeed, had they waited another year or two his price would have been that much more. Sure he could injured or fizzle out but it would be worth the risk IMO.
For him.. that level of talent,, especially when your the Panthers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Laughable. That’s not my opinion, that’s based on stats. Zeke had the 2nd best run blocking O line, McCaffrey had the 17th last year. I’ve seen excuses for Zeke when just one of our starters goes down but having a middle of the pack O line vs the second best doesn’t make a significant difference?

2nd best Run blocking by whom? I see those stats those are opinions not fact and not real stats. You like McCaffrey great I like him to and I like how they use him which is a lot more in the passing game which that is outside of Zeke control. So I take you think Garrett and staff are much better than Carolina staff? Outside of that Zeke as been at the top in rushing outside of the season where he missed 6 games and yet still had the most yards per game rushing. I don't make excuses for Zeke or anyone, his numbers speak for themselves and if you can't figure that out then that is on you.

JBS

Reaction score
Zeke is elite.

enjoy him while he’s still here haters.

Haters lolol. Zeke is probably my favorite player on the team. Doesn't mean I have to be blinded and think he's the greatest RB to ever play the game

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Haters lolol. Zeke is probably my favorite player on the team. Doesn't mean I have to be blinded and think he's the greatest RB to ever play the game

he’s the greatest playing right now.

#ZekeHate

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott is the best RB in the league..

Not CMC, not Saquon Barkley and not Derrick Henry.

Also Tony Pollard is a different back. Yet on our team and talented. A different back who does benefit from the spots picked for him after Zeke does what he does.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
2nd best Run blocking by whom? I see those stats those are opinions not fact and not real stats. You like McCaffrey great I like him to and I like how they use him which is a lot more in the passing game which that is outside of Zeke control. So I take you think Garrett and staff are much better than Carolina staff? Outside of that Zeke as been at the top in rushing outside of the season where he missed 6 games and yet still had the most yards per game rushing. I don't make excuses for Zeke or anyone, his numbers speak for themselves and if you can't figure that out then that is on you.
How did this discussion ever derail to this point,,, why are people trying to compare Zeke to Cmc?
Arguing that placement, 1234,, who really cares,, good teams can win with that advantage, in this pass first built league.
They are top 1-4, there are really 3,, but Henry making a strong case.

aria

Reaction score
Again, Zeke had the 4th best run blocking O line in 2016, the 4th best run blocking O line in 2017, 8th best in 2018 and the 2nd best last year. How can you not take that into consideration? Do you honestly think Zeke would have the same stats behind the Giants O line since his rookie year? We could have drafted Henry in the 2nd round in 2016 and I almost guarantee he would have the rushing titles, not Zeke. Zeke is good but total waste of value for where we drafted him and what Jerry paid him.

Here’s your “real” stats. I bet the next excuse is these stats don’t count, they never do unless they made Zeke look good.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/offensive-line/2019

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Again, Zeke had the 4th best run blocking O line in 2016, the 4th best run blocking O line in 2017, 8th best in 2018 and the 2nd best last year. How can you not take that into consideration? Do you honestly think Zeke would have the same stats behind the Giants O line since his rookie year? We could have drafted Henry in the 2nd round in 2016 and I almost guarantee he would have the rushing titles, not Zeke. Zeke is good but total waste of value for where we drafted him and what Jerry paid him.

Here’s your “real” stats. I bet the next excuse is these stats don’t count, they never do unless they made Zeke look good.

I don't buy into opinion stats on the play of the OL. I like McCaffery but claiming he somehow deserves it but Zeke doesn't is a laughable. I don't begrudge McCaffery his money and Carolina choose to invest into a top player. So did Dallas yet all I heard was how poor of a deal it was? if that is the case for those who made that claim then this deal is just as poor. Zeke is a top RB in the NFL and has shown consistent play as he has ranked at a top back each year. I would also add both backs have been used differently which is outside the control of Zeke. McCaffery had 116 reception last season while Zeke only 54, yet Zeke has the ability to be used more in the passing game but that is not his call to make

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I would never pay a back 15 or 16 million. Somewhere around the 12-13 million dollar range. Zeke is definitely not one of them. McCaffrey is the type. A guy that you can base your entire offense around with a suspect line and suspect weapons around him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

:hammer::hammer::yourock:

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
He has a quality OL, so making that claim is no more than your opinion which is fine. People holler about Zeke getting paid then turn around and claim oh McCaffrey deserves it , is a laughable.

The same reason people whine about Dak deal and then applaud Goff, Wentz, Tannehill and Cousins.

aria

Reaction score
I don't buy into opinion stats on the play of the OL. I like McCaffery but claiming he somehow deserves it but Zeke doesn't is a laughable. I don't begrudge McCaffery his money and Carolina choose to invest into a top player. So did Dallas yet all I heard was how poor of a deal it was? if that is the case for those who made that claim then this deal is just as poor. Zeke is a top RB in the NFL and has shown consistent play as he has ranked at a top back each year. I would also add both backs have been used differently which is outside the control of Zeke. McCaffery had 116 reception last season while Zeke only 54, yet Zeke has the ability to be used more in the passing game but that is not his call to make
Before I even respond, did you click on the link? How on earth are these opinion stats? They are all graded on same numerical criteria. Perhaps you should read this for more clarification.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods#aly

You say you don’t like opinion stats but say “Zeke has ranked at a top back each year”. Out of curiosity, where did you come up with those rankings?

If Zeke has the ability to be used more in the passing game then they better cut his runs back by a good percentage because he can’t even handle the amount of times they five him the ball as it is.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Before I even respond, did you click on the link? How on earth are these opinion stats? They are all graded on same numerical criteria. Perhaps you should read this for more clarification.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods#aly

You say don’t like opinion stats but say “Zeke has ranked at a top back each year”. Out of curiosity, where did you come up with those rankings?

If Zeke has the ability to be used more in the passing game then they better cut his runs back by a good percentage because he can’t even handle the amount of times they five him the ball as it is.

yes I have seen football outsider stats before. You don't like Zeke or the money he got fine I really do not care, if you think McCaffery did is great again fine. I see both as great RB and both deserving of what they got and if you have an issue with that then that is your issue.

aria

Reaction score
yes I have seen football outsider stats before. You don't like Zeke or the money he got fine I really do not care, if you think McCaffery did is great again fine. I see both as great RB and both deserving of what they got and if you have an issue with that then that is your issue.
Again, no answers to my questions. BTW, I have said Zeke is a top 5 RB but I don’t think he was worth the draft pick or the money.

I think McCaffrey is much more versatile, did better behind a worse O line and can obviously handle the load where Zeke couldn’t based on last year. McCaffrey handled the ball 50 more times than Zeke and had ~600 more yards yet people think Zeke can match that when he’s tapping out on 3rd and short on critical downs? That’s laughable.

But ok...moving on.