Paolantonio: Eagles Attracting Plenty of Attention

AJM1613

Reaction score
Mkyle said:
However, like the article said, no team that lost in the SB has ever gone back the following year...and I highly doubt that the slim birds do this year.

That's not what the article said and that's not true.

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:
It is getting just plain rough in Philly.

McDougle shot, TO with noise reducing cans on, Pinkston injured and Philly fans only wanna talk Super Bowl.

The pressure on that boiler is about to burst.

And...Westbrook not a happy camper! I just wonder who's going to catch all those balls that McFlabb is going to "spread around" to?

But, for T.O. to totally blow off all his teammates with his little earphones on, is just downright childish! Why would you want to alieanate your teammates? Their not the one's that are not paying that crybaby! That just makes no sense at all...

Oh, well...that team deserves it, I suppose...because everyone know..."you don't BOO the Santa Claus man"! :lmao2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
Well, this article certainly does...

http://www.courierpostonline.com/news/sports/s080705e.htm

Kevin Roberts: Eagles' success depends on `uncontrollables'
Sunday, August 7, 2005

BETHLEHEM, Pa.

Jevon Kearse was a 23-year-old NFL rookie when he was on the losing sideline in Super Bowl XXXIV. Kearse was devastated at the Titans' 23-16 loss to the Rams, but consoled himself with the notion that he'd be back there soon enough.

You make the Super Bowl in your first season, that's how it goes. You figure you'll do this all the time, and sooner or later you'll win one.

"You know, to be honest, that's how you view it," Kearse said Saturday after the Eagles' morning practice. "You don't understand how hard it is until . . ."

Here's how hard it is - no team since the Miami Dolphins in 1972 has lost the Super Bowl and then returned to win it the next year. No team since the Buffalo Bills in 1993 has lost the Super Bowl and even gotten back to the game the next year.

These Eagles are good enough to get back to the Super Bowl. But what defines a team's chances to reach the summit again and again is often the things teams can't control. Injuries. Internal discord. A weird bounce, a bad call.

"It's all about the uncontrollables," Kearse said. "Things like injuries, the way the ball bounces, a big play here or a big play there. But the main thing is injuries, year in and year out. That's always the difference. Every team has injuries, year in and year out. It comes down to whether you have guys who can step up and fill the void."

This becomes relevant today, as Todd Pinkston's season comes to an end due to an Achilles' tendon injury. And Correll Buckhalter limps around with a bad knee. Eagles head coach Andy Reid sat down Saturday to address the team's injury report and while the day was relatively uneventful, still the list of knee, shoulder and shin contusions took a full three minutes to read through.

"I don't worry about things I can't control," Reid said. "We don't go there."If you're an Eagles fan, however, that's all you worry about. Donovan McNabb will move the offense.

The Eagles' defense should be terrific. The Eagles are expertly coached. They're driven by strong leadership and operated by smart people.

Then Pinkston goes down. And Brian Westbrook holds out. And Terrell Owens goes down with a groin injury early in a training camp so weird and so tense that Reid felt compelled to tell reporters Owens wasn't faking it - even before anyone had the gall to ask such a question.

This is why the press corps follows Owens from place to place in sheer morbid wonder.

It's not because it's fun. It's not fun. But Owens is the great unknown, the thing you can't control.

Owens missed another day of practice Saturday with a groin injury. He did not appear on the field, even though several other injured Eagles managed to make their way out there in shorts with their teammates. The day seemed lighter, more jovial and relatively tension free without Owens and the army of TV cameras watching his every move.

Saturday was about football. The Eagles will need a few more of those days. Whenever Owens returns from the trainer's room, whenever Westbrook ends his holdout, whenever someone else limps off, it will just add more things to the Eagles' plate.

"That'll be magnified," Reid said. "But you catch a few breaks here and there, and you go do what you can take care of - and that's work hard every day."

And hope that's enough. The year after Kearse's first trip to the Super Bowl, the Titans were 13-3 (the last team to lose a Super Bowl and so much as have a winning season the next year). They were good enough to go back. But in the playoffs, they ran into some weirdness - a blocked kick returned for a touchdown, a short pass off the hands of Eddie George intercepted by Ray Lewis for another score - and lost to Baltimore. And the Titans haven't been so close since.

"So many good things happened for us," Kearse said. "But you need everything to go right.

"There is no doubt in my mind this team is as good as that one. This team is better than that Titans team. But you've got to have some breaks, you've got to avoid injuries. You can't listen to people tell you how good you are. All these things come into play. They always do."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reach Kevin Roberts at kroberts@courierpostonline.com

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Excuse me...here is what the article said:

Don't forget that no team since the Miami Dolphins in 1972 has lost the Super Bowl, then won it the following year. So this season the Eagles are attempting to make some serious history. They need to make it easier on themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, with that little tid-bit in mind...I still doubt that you make it this year! Your team is in disarray, and IT'S ONLY IN THE FIRST WEEK OF TRAINING CAMP! What happens when the real games start? Because, I tell you now...everyone is going to come after you harder then ever before, because you just lost the SB!

How EMBARRISSING! :lmao2:

AJM1613

Reaction score
What? This is what he said:

However, like the article said, no team that lost in the SB has ever gone back the following year...

This is what the article said:

Don't forget that no team since the Miami Dolphins in 1972 has lost the Super Bowl, then won it the following year.

no team since the Miami Dolphins in 1972 has lost the Super Bowl and then returned to win it the next year. No team since the Buffalo Bills in 1993 has lost the Super Bowl and even gotten back to the game the next year.

:rolleyes:

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
What? This is what he said:

This is what the article said:

And, this really changes what? The odds are against it! Look, you have been at the near top for that last four years...and LOST! Do you really think that your team can go on, and on, and on? Really, now!

What do you think about this? One of you 3 or 4 bird brains that post here, was saying that T.O.'s groin injury is real (because he went to a gynecologist and got it checked out) and that all he needed to do is just get some rest and take it ease, relax...everything will be fine, blah, blah, blah. Now, we hear that T.O. is out shooting some hoops! Now, I know that might not be real hard exercise, but, that is not RESTING your groin!

T.O. is there...collecting his paycheck...and to top if off! He has Fat Andy sticking up for him, saying it's a real injury"!! :lmao:

"When the wall...comes tumbling down...when the wall...comes tumbling, tumbling , tumbling, tumbling down........."

:laugh2:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
f*&k terrell owens and f@&k the eagles!! i bury those cockroaches!

ghst187

Reaction score
Vman said:
After losing three consecutive NFC championship games, the Eagles finally got within three points of winning their first Super Bowl. But their mercurial star wide receiver -- who many in the league warned the Eagles would be more of a cancer than a cure -- became a strange sideshow on a team that has been tortured by some of the more bizarre happenings in NFL history.

I thought they would've needed 4! 24-21 right?
I watched the game and I never really felt like Philly had a chance. It seemed a lot more dominant than the final score showed IMO.
I think the Giants take one from the igglets this year and I'm hoping for us to take two.
Some people are just destined to always be second best....you'd think philthy would understand that by now. They should just be happy that they are allowed to play in the same division as Cowboy royalty.

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I thought they would've needed 4! 24-21 right?
I watched the game and I never really felt like Philly had a chance. It seemed a lot more dominant than the final score showed IMO.
I think the Giants take one from the igglets this year and I'm hoping for us to take two.
Some people are just destined to always be second best....you'd think philthy would understand that by now. They should just be happy that they are allowed to play in the same division as Cowboy royalty.

Your right, they would have needed a touchdown to win it. However, with time still left to try and win the game...well, McChunky was blowing chunks...and because of all that fatty flab on Big Andy arms, he couldn't find his wrist watch to see how much time was left!

So, as usual, they lost... :lmao2:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
Well, this article certainly does...
http://www.courierpostonline.com/news/sports/s080705e.htm

Here's how hard it is - no team since the Miami Dolphins in 1972 has lost the Super Bowl and then returned to win it the next year. No team since the Buffalo Bills in 1993 has lost the Super Bowl and even gotten back to the game the next year.

We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!

AJM1613

Reaction score
Mkyle said:
And, this really changes what? The odds are against it! Look, you have been at the near top for that last four years...and LOST! Do you really think that your team can go on, and on, and on? Really, now!

It doesn’t matter how infrequently the Super Bowl loser returned the following season, the past doesn’t control the future. History cannot keep the Eagles from the Super Bowl, a better team can.

Honestly, you seem like you’re incapable of having a coherent conversation (literacy is required on an internet message board) so I’m not going to get into why I believe what I do.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!
"We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!" - Buffalo Bills fan, January 27, 1991

"We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!" - Buffalo Bills fan, January 26, 1992

"We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!" - Buffalo Bills fan, January 31, 1993

"We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!" - Buffalo Bills fan, January 30, 1994

"We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!" - Philadelphia Eagles fan, August 7, 2005

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast said:
"We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!" - Buffalo Bills fan, January 27, 1991

"We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!" - Buffalo Bills fan, January 26, 1992

"We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!" - Buffalo Bills fan, January 31, 1993

"We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!" - Buffalo Bills fan, January 30, 1994

"We don't expect the journey to the SB to be a cakewalk! But, I believe we can not only make it back to the Superbowl this year, but I believe we have the talent to win it!" - Philadelphia Eagles fan, August 7, 2005

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
It doesn’t matter how infrequently the Super Bowl loser returned the following season, the past doesn’t control the future. History cannot keep the Eagles from the Super Bowl, a better team can.
Well, that's certainly 100% correct.

Sooooooo, what year exactly do you believe that the Eagles will field the best team in the NFL? :)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Mkyle said:
Your right, they would have needed a touchdown to win it. However, with time still left to try and win the game...well, McChunky was blowing chunks...and because of all that fatty flab on Big Andy arms, he couldn't find his wrist watch to see how much time was left!

You know Mkyle sometimes you actual maintain a decent chat -- but the majority of the times your posts are filled with flames and names that take away from having a decent dialogue with you. We know you hate the Eagles; that's a given, but you actually block dialogue by your insulting methods and attempts to demonstrate that you're a dedicated Cowboys fan. Lighten up sometimes for the sake of giving a clear perspective.:confused:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
DallasEast said:

You're funny sometimes. Look closely at the dates depicted In your comical analogies ...

January 27, 1991 - post Superbowl (unvarified quote)
January 26, 1992 - post Superbowl (unvarified quote)
January 31, 1993 - post Superbowl (unvarified quote)
January 30, 1994 - post Superbowl (unvarified quote)
August 7, 2005 - pre-season (opinionated comment)

Good fictionary dialogue to make your point. I liked it -- I'd try soemthing like that myself.:) Good try!

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Honestly, you seem like you’re incapable of having a coherent conversation (literacy is required on an internet message board) so I’m not going to get into why I believe what I do.

The past does not control the future, true! However, you can LEARN from the past, and make plans for a better future...which your losing team seems to not have done?

The (literacy is required on an internet message board) comment merely shows your frustration! Your scared...and you should be! Because, as much as I dislike the Skins, and the Giants also, don't ya just think that with an extra year with Gibbs (the ugly Gibbs), and Coughlin, that they might just have learned something from that 'history' thingy? Get it? The better team stuff your spouting off? And, that's not even mentioning all the other teams in the NFL that watched the SB and LEARNED (from this PAST SuperBowl) how to beat your team? Are you really that...I don't want to say stupid, but....? HOW EMBARISSING!

As I said before, all you eagle fan's post reek with fear...and your trying to convince, not us Cowboy fans, but, yourselves of what is about to happen...and that is...your team is on the decline! It happens to the best of us...well, in your team's case, maybe not, because you have not been the best, as far as I have seen! :lmao: