Parcells Era Memories

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Guess you didn't find the article I found. Oh well.

You would make a terrible researcher.

I notice that you didn't post a link to your article like I did. Perhaps that's because what you found is someone's conspiracy theory that fits your perspective instead of Parcells' own words.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wow. Do you research anything? Flozell, Greg Ellis, and Leonard Davis never sniffed pro bowls before Parcels got there. His first draft was 2003 and he landed Witten, Newman, and Brady James. His 2005 draft is regarded as one of the best ever in Dallas with Ware, Spears, MB3, Burnett, Canty, Ratliffe.......... and oh yeah, he found us a QB who became the franchise's all time leading passer. But not only players, he also brought top tier assistant coaches to Dallas.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Way to go TRYING to spread more of your BS with your Parcells finding Romo when EVERYONE in the sporting world knows it was all OC Sean Peyton who also went to Eastern Illinois who kept pushing for and finally talking Jerry into signing him as a UDFA. Parcells had ZERO to do with finding Romo.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Evaluate talent? Jones and MB3 were who I was referring to. You make my point for me, wonderfully. Thank you.

He could evaluate talent. You cannot.

All I did was show that Parcells evaluation that got the Cowboys a pair of average at best running backs. If that was really your point I'm happy to have made it for you.

Big D

Reaction score
Ware written romo. We have some good players here today in 2020. Dak, zeke, amari, Demarcus....but none are even flirting with becoming transcendent
This team is built for parcells ball on offense IMO. A ball control style with tough, precise wrs, a couple of tought te's, and a qb that typically takes care of the ball. The defense on the other hand is another story but that would change under a parcells regime.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I listened to a cool Demarcus ware interview on the Ryan russillo podcast that i highly recommended to my fellow cowboys fans. Great stories In There he tells.

anyways, I was curious how old some of you cowboys are and I’m curious what the parcells era meant to you?

For me I’m an old fan at 32. When he came on board we was acting like we had the tonic. We had the secret sauce we had the anecdote. And boy we came damn close without coming damn near close. That’s my recollection anyway. What do you guys remember about that era and the before and aftermath?
WHY????????????

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
As a Cowboy fan too young to really remember the early 90s the Parcells years were some of the most fun i've had.

Those years were also the years that i learned just how emotionally unstable fans were. in 2020 the Parcells years were sunshine and rainbows...in the moment he was viewed much more similar to Jason Garrett than people would like to admit.
The posters here were calling him a conman when he refused to bench Testaverde in 04. The offense supposedly was too predictable in 05. He and Zimmer just had to go down the stretch in 06

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He turned a bad team into a mediocre team. Couldn’t win a week 17 game (even against a team who would have secured #1 overall pick) or win a playoff game.

Did love his interviews though.