Parcells on NFL network

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Had a clip on him tonight.

He BLASTED his OLB, Said he was real concerned there.

We know Ware is going to be a playa, Burnett getting BP/MZ love quitely.

This is not good news to the LB with a $2M cap target on his back.........wrong side of 30.

Time to get Burnett on the field and starting!

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I'd love to see Burnett start. When he's ready. In the meantime, Singleton will be more than servicable as a stop-gap.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:

This is not good news to the LB with a $2M cap target on his back.........wrong side of 30.

Watch the game yet? Al had a good game.

Burnett will (hopefully) get the start there soon, but the vet leadership and depth is worth the $2 million.

Maybe he was blasting the rookies who he said looked like traffic cops out there?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Nors said:

He did not BLAST his OLB , but I am sure you would just love it if you could convince anyone he meant Al Singleton.

What he did if you take the blinders off is say the LB DEPTH concerned him. He had to clarify that statement by initially saying that "believe it or not, OLB concerns me, I have a big concern there..." as people like you got their ears perked up, he clarified "with the depth, okay?"

Fact is, Nors, he could easily be talking about the depth supplied by Kalen Thornton and Eric Ogbogu at OLB just as easily as he is at the STARTER that Singleton is until Burnett beats him out.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to the today's PC, he said he was concerned about depth. Not sure that quantifies as blasting his OLB.

I do have concern about the outside linebacker. Just the depth there.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
According to the today's PC, he said he was concerned about depth. Not sure that quantifies as blasting his OLB.

Only if you want it to.

Real bad.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:

why do you insist on making stuff up? or over dramatizing what is said?

he said he was concerned with depth at OLB...K Thornton is playing hurt and is only an average talent anyway...other than Ware nobody at OLB has any real pass rush skills, and you need OLB's who can rush in the 3-4

David

Reaction score
Some of you blast Al too much all he does is want the coaches want, he goes about his business but it doesn't mean he's not holding it down.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
why do you insist on making stuff up? or over dramatizing what is said?

he said he was concerned with depth at OLB...K Thornton is playing hurt and is only an average talent anyway...other than Ware nobody at OLB has any real pass rush skills, and you need OLB's who can rush in the 3-4

David

We agree on depth - Ware and Burnett. Als has ZERO pash rushing skills as a 3-4 OLB. Again to Parcells point - he is very concerned at OLB.....

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Nors,
I want a straight answer, if Parcells is concerned about depth at OLB, why would he cut an OLB?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
:lmao2: flat out the FUNNIEST thing I have EVER read on this board!!! :lmao2:

Sad thing is that it's true. Nors will NEVER EVER give anyone a straight answer.

And, Nors, NO S**T Al Singleton isn't a good 3-4 DE. Neither is Ware or Thornton!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
He was clearly upset at his OLB play - reverted to depth at tail end. I saw it and he was not happy. Target on $2M UNDERSIZED 4-3 lb Als.....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
You watch NFL network hombre?

His exact words were he was very concerned about his OLB.

Shudder that Als might not be cutting it.... He aint cutting Ware and Burnett :winkie:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
He was clearly upset at his OLB play - reverted to depth at tail end. I saw it and he was not happy. Target on $2M UNDERSIZED 4-3 lb Als.....
That was a clip from today's pc..I saw it as well. Plus I listened to the entire pc and read Roshi's recap. And came away with OLB depth as the issue.

But I am going to rewatch TotACC AGAIN at 10 just to see if my sense of the info from all three angles is so skewed I didn't get out of it what you are so adamant was the point. Maybe I just wasn't listening closely enough. And see if there is anything that could possibly be construed as a slap at Singleton.

Done with the "Als" absurdity. Playing well, calling the D signals, vet savvy and coolness, and not half the dwarf you like to make out. :rolleyes:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
C'mon Nors... proove them wrong. Give a straight answer.

If Parcells is concerned with depth... why would he cut a LB?

Okay buddy... there's the question. Now give it a straight answer. I'm pulling for ya.

Focus Nors. If concerned about depth... why cut LB?

Answer straight.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Same LB that played ST 5 years before starting. Is not physical, can't pass rush in a 3-4. He's in the wrong scheme here at Jaguar pay.