Parson needs to stay on the line

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He plays better lined up against the oline. Yesterday proved it.
Watching Sam Donald seems like every time he had time to play parson was lined up as a linebacker but when he lined up as a lineman he seemed to always be disrupting something

Are you nuts? How many A gap double teams does he need to split to see that he is best moved around all over the place.

stinkface

Reaction score
He can do just about everything well. We need to get him at one spot and let become better then well. I think he can be a great linebacker or a great D lineman off the edge. It's too much on the plate of a rookie to be both right out of the gate unless it due to injury reasons.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Watching Sam Donald seems like every time he had time to play parson was lined up as a linebacker but when he lined up as a lineman he seemed to always be disrupting something
Parsons is a monster when he is rushing the passer but Jaylon and LVE are not cutting it at middle linebacker. With Neal out teams our exposing our pass coverage.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been saying this the past 2 weeks when some in here were saying Parsons needs to play some back as a LB.

No, no, no...

Parsons helps this Defense best when he's rushing off the edge as an edge rushing DE. Period.

You're absolutely right, @BrassCowboy , this game proved where Micah Parsons best fits.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Parsons is a monster when he is rushing the passer but Jaylon and LVE are not cutting it at middle linebacker. With Neal out teams our exposing our pass coverage.
This is why Dan Quinn needs to stop being a stubborn mule, and instead, allow Jabril Cox to play in coverage!

The stubbornness of Quinn is truly infuriating...

Quit playing favorites!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Quinn has no ties to Smith or LVE and it was reported he was heavily involved in the draft.

If anything. His favorite would be Cox.
So why does he continue to start Smith and LVE after 4 games, instead of Cox?

John813

Reaction score
So why does he continue to start Smith and LVE after 4 games, instead of Cox?

Either they grasp what's asked of them in practice, and/or Cox isn't.
Or it could be from above to play the vets over the rooks.

Like you said it's been just 4 games. Cox could find himself playing defensive snaps sooner than later

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is why Dan Quinn needs to stop being a stubborn mule, and instead, allow Jabril Cox to play in coverage!

The stubbornness of Quinn is truly infuriating...

Quit playing favorites!
I think he wants to have Neal out there with Cox. It’s a process. I also think Gholston is affecting Parsons reps at end as well. The guy is really good coming off the edge. He looks different physically then the guy I saw at Iowa. The Cowboys basically traded the 10th pick in the draft for two defensive studs. Wow!!! I thought our front office has a bunch of idiots running the team.:omg::facepalm: