Parson needs to stay on the line

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gregory may be better at D line than Parsons but as good as Gregory is at rushing he is nowhere near Parsons when it comes to putting pressure on the QB.

I don’t care if Gregory ends up with 13 sacks and Parsons has 7. Parsons is constantly applying pressure

I don't see the issue, Yes Parson is very good young player making a big impact, he has abilities to be used through out the defense and evidently WR as well if you listened to the board cast yesterday.

Prime21

Reaction score
He just needs to be coming forward, that is where he is special. He is not special in coverage.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've been saying this the past 2 weeks when some in here were saying Parsons needs to play some back as a LB.

No, no, no...

Parsons helps this Defense best when he's rushing off the edge as an edge rushing DE. Period.

You're absolutely right, @BrassCowboy , this game proved where Micah Parsons best fits.
I like exactly how we are using him. I don’t want him to be anywhere consistently

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He just needs to be coming forward, that is where he is special. He is not special in coverage.

100%..

I think Jayron Kearse is that way too. If you notice all of the plays he makes are usually right in front of him and he’s coming down hill.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Opposing offense do too. They love it when Parsons is off in coverage somewhere.
I don’t think they were aware of it until the play starts. But I understand your point

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He plays better lined up against the oline. Yesterday proved it.
Watching Sam Donald seems like every time he had time to play parson was lined up as a linebacker but when he lined up as a lineman he seemed to always be disrupting something
You could be on to something.
Like Randy white?
They tried to make Randy a LB
But moved him to DT and you know the rest of the story

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Yep.

He may be a great linebacker someday but today is not that day.

He is special as a pass rusher and when he doesn’t rush it just helps the offense.

Parsons at linebacker looks very ho hum. Parsons blitzing or rushing looks incredible.

When he’s at linebacker he’s thinking too much and you can tell.
Thank you. You worded that perfectly

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Well I am good with seeing him moved around but he is better lined up as a DL. He is frustrating opposing lines/qbs double teamed or not anyways
Teams will adjust to him strictly at end... move him around and let him learn as much as possible is the recipe for playoff success... anything else is being short-sighted since we have all pro ends already!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Move Parsons to DE, who's playing the 2 LB spots? Bonus question: What are you gonna do with Anae, Armstrong n DLaw with Parsons playing DE too?

I think everyone has observed Parsons is better off the edge right now, but want to see him develop into more than just a edge rusher.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Move Parsons to DE, who's playing the 2 LB spots? Bonus question: What are you gonna do with Anae, Armstrong n DLaw with Parsons playing DE too?

I think everyone has observed Parsons is better off the edge right now, but want to see him develop into more than just a edge rusher.
Thank you! I've never seen a fan base that don't want as many all pros on the field as possible... Quinn is preparing this defense for the playoffs... the long game... ... some here are just too used to folks playing and developing out of position... this isn't Madden... Parson strictly rushing is easily for a DC to design a chip... remember San Diego when we all held our breath... less ability to game plan for this monster the better... bring my dude from everywhere... hell line him up at Safety...! (Joke)

BrassCowboy

Reaction score

And so do i

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He plays better lined up against the oline. Yesterday proved it.
Watching Sam Donald seems like every time he had time to play parson was lined up as a linebacker but when he lined up as a lineman he seemed to always be disrupting something
No, definitely not. Much more effective being moved all over the place and blitzing up the middle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well I can understand that, but at the moment he is filling in the huge gap we have in the trenches and doing a dang good job at it.
Your not understanding what you are seeing. You are seeing him blitz from the linebacker position.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No, definitely not. Much more effective being moved all over the place and blitzing up the middle.
WTH???

What are you watching?

Go rewatch the game(s). Micah is definitely more efficient by rushing the QB from the edge, than playing LB.