Parsons as a pass rusher

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What if he elevates the swipers game and the wolf howl is heard again...

Not going to happen. He and Cox should steal many of their snaps. The Prancer and Wolf Clown have proven who they are over the past 2 seasons. I pray the FO doesn’t care what Wolf Clown does in his contract year. The guy absolutely does not deserve another contract.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Not going to happen. He and Cox should steal many of their snaps. The Prancer and Wolf Clown have proven who they are over the past 2 seasons. I pray the FO doesn’t care what Wolf Clown does in his contract year. The guy absolutely does not deserve another contract.
Maybe they dont, and not saying they do, but they can be a part of a very deep LB group, possibly tops in the league.
We should already be beyond accepting that we are overpaying for depth.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Maybe they dont, and not saying they do, but they can be a part of a very deep LB group, possibly tops in the league.
We should already be beyond accepting that we are overpaying for depth.
I just want the best players playing the vast majority of snaps. I don’t want contract or draft status to figure into playing time. Dallas does that way too much. Smith has been awful for 2 years he shouldn’t get many snaps unless he absolutely does a 180.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
that because he was RB and a DE in HS before converting to LB which leads one to believe as a 3-4 OLB he can have ceilings , shall i dare say it, possibly the next D ware..can do it all really and those that were disappointed or upset we didnt trade up to get one of those CBs and are thinking this was a pick they settled on didnt so their homework.. MP was regarded as one of the top defenders in this draft and for good reason..

does it mean he lives up to those lofty expectations, no, but the kid has skill sets that are NFL ready..Speed, instinct, motor, and from what i hear in his comments i believe the drive to be good and get better he wants to be regarded as one of the best someday..

a lot of players have the skills and talent but not the drive...i could be wrong but he has the potential to be special..
The man runs a 4.3! :eek:
That's INCREDIBLE for a man his size.
Tank on one side, Gregory on the other, and Micah up the middle on a blitz.
Just skraight nasty.
Nasty boyz ... oh you nasty boyz!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I just want the best players playing the vast majority of snaps. I don’t want contract or draft status to figure into playing time. Dallas does that way too much. Smith has been awful for 2 years he shouldn’t get many snaps unless he absolutely does a 180.
Couldnt agree more,, Parsons wasnt taken at 12 to sit behind anyone.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m not usually very impressed by rookie tape, or highlight reels but I will have to say, that Parsons has me super intrigued. It seems as though he really has a knack for “timing” his rush and “getting small” to squirt through a tiny crease in the line.

If he stays healthy, and does what he did in college, we have found us a great one.
I am sure they will use him on blitzing. given his quickness he will generate some pressure up front. but that would mean Jaylon might be in coverage...yuck

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The man runs a 4.3! :eek:
That's INCREDIBLE for a man his size.
Tank on one side, Gregory on the other, and Micah up the middle on a blitz.
Just skraight nasty.
Nasty boyz ... oh you nasty boyz!
Yes, if we did anything we got bigger and faster in the back 7,,, people can still complain about the DT situation but cant fix everything immediately so Im willing to stay optimistic what can happen there

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I’m not usually very impressed by rookie tape, or highlight reels but I will have to say, that Parsons has me super intrigued. It seems as though he really has a knack for “timing” his rush and “getting small” to squirt through a tiny crease in the line.

If he stays healthy, and does what he did in college, we have found us a great one.
I think we all see his skills. Previous to him..I felt LVE was a good pass rusher too. We know what happened with him. Let's be realistic our LBer experience has been a disaster. Lee then LVE and I want to protect Parsons. Not use him up like a pack of juicy fruit gum.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Everyone has highlight reels in college...everyone. It's Quinn's job to match skillset to scheme so these guys who are working hard can succeed at this level.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Parson's best traits right now are "see ball, get ball". Both as a pass rusher and in the run game. His nose for the ball is elite.

I think he'll be used as a pass rusher quite a bit in his first year, because right now he is way too raw at diagnosing plays to be used in a more traditional manner.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Of that, I have no doubt but until then the kissing of his feet needs to stop.

People are excited about having a young and talented prospect what is wrong with that? I have seen no one put him in the HOF. People are not allowed to be excited about players? Come on, everyone here is always with this BS of put on the breaks, why?

HungryLion

Reaction score

I’m not a troll. But if you’re going to complain In every Parsons thread about him “getting too much credit” I’m going to laugh about it. Especially considering you just keep parroting the same thing in every thread that expresses excitement about the cowboys first round pick.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
People are excited about having a young and talented prospect what is wrong with that? I have seen no one put him in the HOF. People are not allowed to be excited about players? Come on, everyone here is always with this BS of put on the breaks, why?
It's as if they expect him to be a pro bowler in year one. We don't even know if he'll be a starter yet. It's just too much. I'm all for him being great but the high expectations are unwarranted, IMO.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m not a troll. But if you’re going to complain In every Parsons thread about him “getting too much credit” I’m going to laugh about it. Especially considering you just keep parroting the same thing in every thread that expresses excitement about the cowboys first round pick.
Troll